ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I ran around in bare feet all the time during warmer weather. Stepped on a few lit cigarettes and burned the heck out of my feet.
I managed to step on nails; the subdivision I lived in growing up was brand new and houses were being built everywhere. Being the kids we were, we couldn't stay away from the houses - every last one of us stepped on a nail at least once.

How far back in your childhood can you actually remember? I think that I remember taking water to my daddy in 1946. I would have been three years old. Is that even possible?

When I was six I had my tonsils taken out. I remember my daddy and a nurse holding me down while the doctor poured the ether.

Dropped in before I went to bed. I was 3, almost 4. Parents took me to the ER at St Francis Hospital in Wichita, KS because I managed to jam a fork in my throat. I remember it because I got to eat ice cream and have shakes for almost a week while the scrapes in my throat healed after the doctor pulled it out.

BKO you asked if I live in Oldham.

Not anymore. I am from Oldham (Westport down by the river outside of Lagrange) but live in Pendleton now. Just a few minutes up the road.

I'm still in Lagrange all the time and will be back home by family within a few years.
I just remembered you said something about it some time back. I presume you graduated OCHS?
Love this little town - we used to go down to a friend's house all the time down in Westport.

I managed to step on nails; the subdivision I lived in growing up was brand new and houses were being built everywhere. Being the kids we were, we couldn't stay away from the houses - every last one of us stepped on a nail at least once.
I hear ya. Stepped on a bunch of nails back in the day, too.

woman-w-big-cup_full.jpeg

Really dragging today. Granddaughter will be here within the hour; I usually work on Mondays and off Fridays, but switched this week to help the daughter out.
Hubby starts new job today - will be on a late shift (6 pm -4:30 am) which kind of sucks, but hey - at least he has a job, right? I spent nearly 20 years with him on 2nd shift anyway, so it shouldn't be too bad
Wondering what the #Kaboom is that Cal is supposed to talk about today? I'm betting it's KATs announcement as NBA ROY. Maybe an announcement one of our guys in draft is returning? I doubt seriously that it would be a Bolden announcement, but who knows?
What are everyone's thoughts?

A couple of WWII vets that landed that day told me that movie was an accurate representation of the carnage on Omaha. High velocity metal does cruel things to the human body
Stevo, I have a distant cousin who lives in the little town that I live in. His name is Leon Tarter. He landed at D-Day on Omaha beach. He is 91 and still drives. To my knowledge he is the only WWII vet still alive in Smiths Grove. Plus he may be the richest man in town. You do not slow down Leon.

BKO you asked if I live in Oldham.

Not anymore. I am from Oldham (Westport down by the river outside of Lagrange) but live in Pendleton now. Just a few minutes up the road.
I'm still in Lagrange all the time and will be back home by family within a few years.

My wife and I live in Paducah, met while she was at Murray State. But she graduated from South Oldham. Her grandparents live in Ballardsville, which is where we married ten years ago. We still get up there all the time. We frequent Crestwood Baptist often when we're there.

In all honesty, we probably would of moved up there if my job were one where I could pick up and move. Sadly, it's not.

Really dragging today. Granddaughter will be here within the hour; I usually work on Mondays and off Fridays, but switched this week to help the daughter out.
Hubby starts new job today - will be on a late shift (6 pm -4:30 am) which kind of sucks, but hey - at least he has a job, right? I spent nearly 20 years with him on 2nd shift anyway, so it shouldn't be too bad
Wondering what the #Kaboom is that Cal is supposed to talk about today? I'm betting it's KATs announcement as NBA ROY. Maybe an announcement one of our guys in draft is returning? I doubt seriously that it would be a Bolden announcement, but who knows?
What are everyone's thoughts?
New Orange Leaf flavor.

• Good morning, DLeaguers.
  • 59° in Johns Creek. Clear, Beautiful. VFR. We need about 10 more degrees to be absolutely comfortable.
  • Blood Sugar = 74. Weight = 222.
  • 2nd mug of Dark Magic going. Damn good coffee.
  • QB back at the eye doctor. Vision is cloudy in one eye. Worry. Dammit. This is after the cataract lazer treatment.
  • Haven't seen that female duck this morning. I will be so happy when those ducklings walk out of the woods and plunk in the Koi pond. That will be so cool.
  • Monday. Hope our business will be better this week.
  • Bolden. I'm not thinking about it. I don't expect to get him because we need him so badly. Drama.
  • I'll just get the news right here.
  • Over.

My wife and I live in Paducah, met while she was at Murray State. But she graduated from South Oldham. Her grandparents live in Ballardsville, which is where we married ten years ago. We still get up there all the time. We frequent Crestwood Baptist often when we're there.

In all honesty, we probably would of moved up there if my job were one where I could pick up and move. Sadly, it's not.
QB and I are both from Paducah. A great little river town. It was like American Graffiti when we were growing up. Good people. FCC lives there. QB was born at Riverside Hospital. It's gone now. I have several relatives that live there and in Lovelaceville. Starnes Barbeque. I remember when that deal started. About 1956. Glen Ed Shaw and Leeman Bennett. They both played at UK. Ralph McRight was the coach. He played at Alabama with Bear Bryant. You are lucky.

I actually grew up in Crestwood and we lived there several years after my marriage- moved to LaGrange with hubby and daughter in 1995. I graduated from OCHS before it split; my brothers and sister graduated from SOHS. We went to CBC too, before it moved. Been back a couple of times for events. Our church in LaGrange is small, so we teamed up with CBC for the high school mission trips. Of course, know a lot of people who went there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT