ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

someone mentioned in the "9 people charged" thread that black people often name their children some mixture of the mother and father's names. Is that right? Is that where some of those stupid ass names come from? I always thought they were just some kinda of historical names that people from way back had in Africa or something... like trying to preserve the history.

If you keep mixing the mother and father's names, then at some point the names are gonna just be some jumbled mix of letters, right? Kinda like how if all races keep mixing then at some point a million years down the road the world is gonna be just one race?

One race you say..hmmmm [devil]

Gettin the itch for another german shepherd pup..Told myself after I got Sayde I will always have two dogs. The breeder that I bought Sayde from will have several welpings late April/early May. My other dog is up there in years and I feel if I get another pup she will feel pushed out per say. Don't want that at all. On the other hand I might just wait, there will be a lot more breedings...My off the wall thought of the day..

Gettin the itch for another german shepherd pup..Told myself after I got Sayde I will always have two dogs. The breeder that I bought Sayde from will have several welpings late April/early May. My other dog is up there in years and I feel if I get another pup she will feel pushed out per say. Don't want that at all. On the other hand I might just wait, there will be a lot more breedings...My off the wall thought of the day..
I love dogs.

That is a sad time indeed. Please consider a grown rescue if you ever get another dog.

I've thought about that, and if I ever decide to have another partner in crime it will be a sheltered dog indeed. Just not sure I'll ever get to that point again. It will have been 3 years April 3rd. She died the night UK won the title. To this day if I think about her and that night I still get choked up. Damn I miss her. :cry:

It tore me up when I lost my dog a few years ago. I love having that companion, I just can't deal with the loss.
I hope to have Norman around for several more years. It bothers me to know that he will eventually die. I'm hoping that my daughter is away at college and a bit more detached from him when it happens. She hugs that dog every night on her way to bed. Even the worst dog can be better than most people.

I've thought about that, and if I ever decide to have another partner in crime it will be a sheltered dog indeed. Just not sure I'll ever get to that point again. It will have been 3 years April 3rd. She died the night UK won the title. To this day if I think about her and that night I still get choked up. Damn I miss her. :cry:
Yeah, they forgive you when you're bad and love you unconditionally. Great friends. I've had Sugar for almost 13 years. She's a doll.

Yeah, they forgive you when you're bad and love you unconditionally. Great friends. I've had Sugar for almost 13 years. She's a doll.

Sheba was a Cane Corso. My ex-wife wanted a dog (had never had one). I told her no, that she wouldn't take care of it and it's a lot of work. I came home from work one day and there is this little shit in the front yard with her. I had complete responsibility at day 2. We divorced about 2 years later, and I kept Sheba. She was with me in Sicily, and came home with me. She was always happy to see me and always by my side. The most loving dog I have ever been around.

I did once back in 5th grade, I think. It was pencil so I had to push pretty hard to make the markings on his shoulder but when it came time to go home he just licked his finger and wiped it away.
giphy.gif

Anyone ever drew a gun on anyone? I dreamed I shot 2 intruders. One a man and one a woman. One armed and one not.

Yep, a good friend of mine.. I was working 3 to 12 shift, bout half hour after I got home there was banging on the door. I went to door asking who it was (had no peep hole) got no answer. He kept beating on door and ringing doorbell. No cars in my drive to see and no response from person beating on door.. I went out the back door to side of house, peaked around and seen a man standing there wippin the shit outta my door. I came around from side of house and put the red dot on him telling him if he my door one more time he had had it. My friend then started yelling who he was. He was on his motorcycle and parked it in front of shrubbery. We always went to the drag races so he stopped by to tell me about some bullshit at the track..He figured he was gonna mess with me and damn near got shot...another time years and years ago a guy I went to school with owed me money for a 307 chevy motor and tranny..600.00.. never seen my money, could not get my money either so his newer car somehow sustained a lot of shotgun damage..about 600.00 worth and he had no insurance..never heard anymore about and never seen him again either...that's been 40 years ago.. I have sedated my anger issues as I have aged...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT