ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Fuk me. I am sooooo late for work. Gonna get flogged.
oh-the-horror.jpg

[winking]

Surgery went well a week ago Wednesday..2 night stay in hospital was not bad, staff was absolutely awesome. I seconded guessed this many times but in the end it was the right choice for me. Turns out my obesity (6 ft 290 lbs ) was not of the type that is between stomach muscle and skin, but actually deeper surrounding major organs and more life threatening. Some think how can a person get into this kind of shape, it happens and to the best of us. Never in my life did I think I would get to that weight, I was always very active, lifted weights and yes, back in my day I would have challenged Speers any day for any amount in three point shooting. I retired early and it was great ( 190 lbs ) but for some reason I went into a depression funk added to the fact that from 2011-2014 I lost my parents and the best in laws ever. Tack on a few minor issues ( knee and hip replacement ) like I said, it happens to the best of us. With all that sad sack shit said I am glad to say that I am doing much much better, down 14 lbs since a week ago Wednesday and feeling very very positive to be back to my goal weight by summer...Not sure why I even post this but I guess for some that read it with similar issues there is light at the end of the tunnel..Odd thing about all this, many friends were in total shock about me choosing surgery because they said I did not look that big....

Last edited:
Surgery went well a week ago Wednesday..2 night stay in hospital was not bad, staff was absolutely awesome. I seconded guessed this many times but in the end it was the right choice for me. Turns out my obesity (6 ft 290 lbs ) was not of the type that is between stomach muscle and skin, but actually deeper surrounding major organs and more life threatening. Some think how can a person get into this kind of shape, it happens and to the best of us. Never in my life did I think I would get to that weight, I was always very active, lifted weights and yes, back in my day I would have challenged Speers any day for any amount in three point shooting. I retired early and it was great ( 190 lbs ) but for some reason I went into a depression funk added to the fact that from 2011-2014 I lost my parents and the best in laws ever. Tack on a few minor issues ( knee and hip replacement ) like I said, it happens to the best of us. With all that sad sack shit said I am glad to say that I am doing much much better, down 14 lbs since a week ago Wednesday and feeling very very positive to be back to my goal weight by summer...Not sure why I even post this but I guess for some that read it with similar issues there is light at the end of the tunnel..Odd thing about all this, many friends were in total shock about me choosing surgery because they said I did not look that big....

Glad things are getting better 55wildcat. FCC.

Glad to hear surgery was a success. Hope ya feel better soon.

Science Break:

Planetary nebula Hen 2-437 lies within the faint northern constellation of Vulpecula (The Fox). As an aging low-mass star like our sun transforms into a planetary nebula in the last stage of its life, when it becomes a red giant and casts off its outer layers of gas into space.
planetary-nebula-hen-2-437jpg

Hen 2-437 hurls its ejected material out into diametrically opposed directions making it a bipolar nebula, featuring two icy blue lobes.

Bonus: Gravitational Waves

Einsteins theoretical gravitational waves have been detected by the Ligo facility. In other words a black hole is trying to slap you in the face. Can you feel it?

Evening, dingos. Two hellacious days at work, now sitting at home sipping gin and juice (damn the diabetes, I NEED a drink tonite!). Having our end of winter cold snap (high today 51, low tonite 25) It always happens around Valentine's Day...even snowed here in 2010. Good to see things went well with 55's surgery. Take Bert's advice, hero. Tourist season kicks off tomorrow. Southeastern Wildlife Expo starts and lasts thru Sunday. Might go hunting for some MILF's tomorrow since there will be a lot of out-of-towners roaming around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT