ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

A friend of mine tells a cold call story and it's hilarious. Had us crying we were laughing so hard.

But it's way too long to post on here. So I won't tell it. But it's hilarious. Like really really funny. You should have heard it, you would find it hilarious too.

I only get calls for the Asian guy at US Pharmacy trying to sell me Wiaggra or Ceawas pills.

Sometimes though I get a call from a company that 'works' for Microsoft. Basically a scam to sell you a virus. I tell those guys all kinds of stuff. Got one of them pissed off enough to say bad things about my mother before he handed the phone off.

A friend of mine tells a cold call story and it's hilarious. Had us crying we were laughing so hard.

But it's way too long to post on here. So I won't tell it. But it's hilarious. Like really really funny. You should have heard it, you would find it hilarious too.

Yeah man…you can't throw out a teaser like that and then leave us high and dry. If the juice is worth the squeeze (if it's as funny as you say it is) then length of the post is no object.

Fried chicken tenders in butter a little heavy on the garlic, spinach and lima beans for supper. Supposed to be healthy eating but I would rather have smashed taters, buscuits slathered in butter and laced with honey. Hell, now I'm hungry again. My Disneyland pass has expired or would be if I had ever had one. Enough serious thinking for now, lighten up D.

Everyone's favorite Internet bouncy girl from the early 2010s has lost all of her cute curves, and it makes me sad. Damn you, drugs/Atkins diet.

In memoriam ....

tumblr_mh0az8mwlP1s3109eo1_400.gif

Science Break:
Galaxy Bar. Spiral galaxy NGC 986 lies about 56 million light-years away in the constellation of Fornax (The Furnace). Its face-on orientation allows us to clearly see its two main spiral arms and central bar-shaped structure composed of stars and dust.
spiral-galaxy-ngc-986.jpg

The latter feature makes it a barred spiral galaxy. About two thirds of all spiral galaxies contain a bar, including our own Milky Way galaxy, according to astronomical surveys.

Watching Radiohead in concert (Austin City Limits)... Pretty impressive shit.

Inventive. Musical and vast catalog that I'm starting to celebrate. I think I like these dudes more than a passing fancy.

Radiohead not too popular amongst the Catspaws internets dwellers. And their lead singer is one weird dude.

But i celebrate their early catalogue. Thought they killed it in the 90's...Pablo Honey, The Bends, and OK Computer are all great albums cover to cover and I consider them to be three of the better albums of that decade. And Paranoid Android is one of my all time favorite tunes…Top 10 at least.

While i get the whole "evolving as a band" deal…I didn't care for their next 3 albums at all. Nada. But they did put out a live album of some of the tunes from those next 3 albums that I liked…not loved…but liked Hated the recorded versions…liked the live versions.

And then I also like their next album In Rainbows. Not as much as the first 3…but a whole lot more than albums 4-6.

Didn't really care for this last album though. Not sure what that was all about. One song was decent…maybe two. The rest was garbage IMHO.

TV Guide News...

<> Just watched the end of Invincible starring Marky Mark (minus the Funky Bunch) on one of the Encore channels. Was scrolling the channels and caught it at just the right moment. Love that movie and really love the ending…including the ingenius decision to use Uncle Ted Nugent's song Stranglehold in the last scene. Genius move using that song in that spot. Pure genius.

<> For those interested...Invincible is getting ready to start again on one of the other Encore channels. I highly recommend. It's the story of Vince Papale…who was a 30 year old bar tender from Philly who tried out for the Eagles in Dick Vermeil's (sp?) first season in Philly. Great flick.

<> Point Break…of Swayze Trilogy fame…is currently playing on one of the other Encore channels. Just started.

<> Still can't believe they had the poor taste of soiling the Trilogy by remaking a classic like Point Break. I will not watch. Never. Never. Ever. Bodhi is surely rolling over in his grave.

<> Yes…there are a blue million Encore channels.

Last edited:
Radiohead not too popular amongst the Catspaws internets dwellers. And their lead singer is one weird dude.
I do not give a fart about people's musical taste. I'm always open to listening and finding new stuff and relistening to stuff I previously dismissed.

I used to listen to Creep at the end of every cardio session in the gym. But I didn't keep up much after Pablo Honey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT