ADVERTISEMENT

Craft Jet On the Move

Boys we really gotta step back and take a look at ourselves if we can't manage to get any of our top 4-5 choices ... I remember a time almost any coach in the country would kill to be here. What happened?

Reactions: ManitouDan
Boys we really gotta step back and take a look at ourselves if we can't manage to get any of our top 4-5 choices ... I remember a time almost any coach in the country would kill to be here. What happened?
You have 0 idea who was offered. For all you know Drew was the first option. Relax.

Reactions: Midway Cat
You heard it hear first. My sources say UK will indeed have a new coach very soon.

What if the Craft’s flew it there just to mess with us.

You can't look at this stuff in the abstract. Every coaching search is different in terms of the top coaches available and their individual circumstances. Pulling Hurley would honestly be insane -- they guy just won back-to-back titles at a basketball school. Acting like that is a "miss" is just silly. Donovan is bad timing, but we could still wait on him (definitely not a "no" at this point). Oats would come, but we aren't paying the insane buyout and Bama's AD won't negotiate it down (hence Oats' weird statement that he put out right away). So really we are just talking about Drew. And while he is obviously very interested (you don't put your family on a plane otherwise), he is a very unique case with long-time foundations in Texas, tons of family issues, and he is building a new house. And even if we "miss" on Drew, it wouldn't really be a miss because he clearly wants to be here -- it would be the family circumstances that prevented it.

Now, with all that said, regardless of whether these are actual "misses," that still puts UK in a bind and is just bad luck in terms of the coaches available during any given cycle.

There was a time UK would offer a couple of million to a guy making 300,000. It just isn’t that way anymore, guys are making 3 to 5,000,000 and increasing them to seven or eight is not the same. Plus, you get all the TV and exposure you want just about anywhere. Also, there are more successful programs than there were 25 years ago.

There was a time UK would offerf a couple of million to a guy making 300,000. It just isn’t that way anymore, guys are making 3 to 5,000,000 and increasing them to seven or eight is not the same. Plus, you get all the TV and exposure you want just about anywhere. Also, there are more successful programs then there were 25 years ago.
Being in the SEC has to mean something real soon especially if it goes to 2 mega conferences!

Not unlikely this is a quarterly, biannual, or yearly meeting.
Ok, well still the plane is being used and if they were going to use it for Drew to fly into Lex for this mysterious press conference, they're gonna have to hurry up. A trip from LGA to Temple TX to LEX will take 7+ hours.

Of course, there are a multitude of other planes that can be used, I just think the Crafts are the only ones in KY that use theirs specifically for the purpose of coach or player movement.

Reactions: ha21
I would absolutely laugh if we hired him (I don't expect to, just a gut feeling I don't see him coming here) but holy shit there are so many people that act like they know HES NOT INTERESTED AT ALL I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY MAN ... no you don't lol, I'm not saying we get him, but you have no idea, just because he said a certain thing doesn't mean shit. He has never once straight up said NO I DONT WANT THE UK JOB.
Hurley said that he was not interested while he was at Rhode Island. 5 days later he accepted the UConn job...

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
I would absolutely laugh if we hired him (I don't expect to, just a gut feeling I don't see him coming here) but holy shit there are so many people that act like they know HES NOT INTERESTED AT ALL I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY MAN ... no you don't lol, I'm not saying we get him, but you have no idea, just because he said a certain thing doesn't mean shit. He has never once straight up said NO I DONT WANT THE UK JOB.
Exactly. Yet many are so wrapped up in Scott Drew they can't see that it's less likely Drew uproots his 22 years in Waco, a Christian college, two boys in high school, one at Baylor, a widowed mother-in-law and a new home build for Kentucky.

I mean come on - there are 10 times the reasons Drew WON'T be our coach than Hurley's situation. Yet here we are, everyone thinks money and Kentucky is more important to Drew than his faith, family, roots, and freedom to operate within the Baylor religious environment.

Reactions: ha21 and UKortho
Well drew declined, so it makes it much more likely this flight has to do with the coaching search and not just routine business.

Ok, well still the plane is being used and if they were going to use it for Drew to fly into Lex for this mysterious press conference, they're gonna have to hurry up. A trip from LGA to Temple TX to LEX will take 7+ hours.

Of course, there are a multitude of other planes that can be used, I just think the Crafts are the only ones in KY that use theirs specifically for the purpose of coach or player movement.
It's possible. That said, there are thousands of small single and double prop planes capable of carrying 6+ passengers in and around Kentucky. Maybe not as fast as the jet, but quick enough. Given that UK fans have already (supposedly) called Drew at lunch and tracked AirCraft™️ repeatedly like the gremlins we are, I'd say anything is possible for what's supposedly a very withdrawn family.

Well drew declined, so it makes it much more likely this flight has to do with the coaching search and not just routine business.
Im back, couldnt stay away.

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Drew said no to Louisville- Said he and his family were happy at Baylor. I really thought this would be a long shot. On to the next candidate.

When was that time? Remind us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT