ADVERTISEMENT

Craft Jet On the Move

Then it will feel like Cal is back. All these recruits and a mediocre coach...

Sadly, Cal was SO bad as a coach these last few years, I really think almost anyone is an upgrade. It also sounds like NIL money was withheld from Cal, and all he was really able to do was recruit the 1AD.

A better coach + actual NIL money to compete with > Cal + 17 year old freshman.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
MJ said on the radio this morning that UK will push all their chips in the middle on Hurley. $11-$12M per year making him the highest paid coach in college sports, more than any football coach.

UConn has that big celebration/parade on Saturday so we're still going to have to wait.

Hurley has a chance at history next season with UConn, a 3peat. Not done since UCLA in the 70s winning 3 in a row.
Good points.

Now imagine Dan Hurley doing a 3peat as a coach at UK! That would be a hell of an accomplishment and I doubt anyone ever would match that achievement! Dan Hurley would be on top of the world! Sell it Mitch! SELL IT

You know what happened. The college basketball landscape has changed forever. It’s no longer the school or state that matters. It’s the coach and to a larger degree the chance to make money. Education be damned! Some schools like UConn and Purdue have figured out how to keep their players, though, and these schools now are reaping the benefits. Hurley might make UK relevant again, but he’s not leaving UConn to chase another $M or two.
Figured it out?

Hurley said it the other day... He doesn't want 'neon-level' players that don't take coaching.

Can't blame him. I'd take 5 mediocre players willing to be coached up over a roster like UKs.

That's how you keep continuity. That's how you build chemistry. And the reality is that now, landing a 5* talent simply means a one year rental of a guy who couldn't care less about anything other than NIL money and the NBA.

We have nothing to lose. Throw the bank at Hurley. 5 years $12M with $1M bonus for a championship. Up it to $14M if he says no. We cant afford another Gillespie hire. Im nervous now that Drew said no. Dont want to panic, but this is bad.
the incredibles love GIF

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Sadly, Cal was SO bad as a coach these last few years, I really think almost anyone is an upgrade. It also sounds like NIL money was withheld from Cal, and all he was really able to do was recruit the 1AD.

A better coach + actual NIL money to compete with > Cal + 17 year old freshman.
I think you are right about that.

Too much pressure.

The old school coaches are gone. Nobody can deal with the UK fan base AND spoiled ass kids.
True. The old school guys are about gone and there are hardly any left that were like Sutton who would crawl to Lexington just for the dream of coaching the name. Even Cal who said it was his "dream job" comes from an older generation when that was certainly true. Not some much with the younger 40's and below set. They see a lot of places as good places to coach and the aura of coaching at Kentucky is not as big as it once was and not enough to override their contentment with what they already have and to avoid the pressure and scrutiny of this job.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Dan Hurley's speaking event agent is Harry Walker. His sports agent is a guy from William Morris Endeavor.

Harry Walker's office is in NYC.

WME's office is down the street, also in NC.

Craft's plane is currently at LGA in Queens, NY.

The drive is around 25-30 minutes.

Offer leaks today about 1-2 hours after the Craft plane arrived at LGA.

Nothing to see here. Nope. Nothing at all...

Dan Hurley's agent is Harry Walker.

Harry Walker's office is in NYC.

Craft's plane is currently at LGA in Queens, NY.

The drive is around 25-30 minutes.

Offer leaks today about 1-2 hours after the Craft plane arrived at LGA.

Nothing to see here. Nope. Nothing at all...
Trying not to get too excited.

Boys we really gotta step back and take a look at ourselves if we can't manage to get any of our top 4-5 choices ... I remember a time almost any coach in the country would kill to be here. What happened?
3 coaches -- 2 with national championship wins -- and 3 lynch mobs.

The last collective scream lasted 5 years. And is still ongoing.

You may feel your screams were justifiable. Most people don't like being screamed at. They might feel that the average UK fan is addicted to screaming and that it just isn't worth it to work there.

So, Average UK Fan, is the addiction to screaming worth it?

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
While there at it if his agent says no they’ll get a yes from Rick Pitino while they’re there!
Wouldn’t be surprised if they have a chat with him. Like I said in another thread. This is the time for Barney to realize our bb program needs to reattach to Rick. He should be welcomed in rupp and around our program after retirement at the least. At the most he can help with billy or take the job himself. There’s no downside to opening a cordial relationship between our program and Rick.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Wouldn’t be surprised if they have a chat with him. Like I said in another thread. This is the time for Barney to realize our bb program needs to reattach to Rick. He should be welcomed in rupp and around our program after retirement at the least. At the most he can help with billy or take the job himself. There’s no downside to opening a cordial relationship between our program and Rick.
Exactly Rick can help 2 ways either push for Billy D or take the job himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT