ADVERTISEMENT

Craft Jet On the Move

I heard he has 3 kids and is divorced. Custody issues maybe? I've also heard Mitch doesn't wanna hire him due to the Brandon Miller stuff.
Stop spreading lies. Nate Oats is happily married. This is truly sad that Kentucky fans started this rumor because he doesn't want to coach at Kentucky.

If Oats wants to be here, you have to just make it happen. Maybe work with Oats on the buyout and add something in his contract to pay it down the road.
Maybe MB doesn't want to get into a bidding war with Alabama.

Total Athletic Department Revenue National Rank - March 14, 2024
#3 Alabama Total Athletic Department Revenue: $214,365,357
#16 Kentucky Total Athletic Department Revenue: $159,079,024

NCAA Finances: Revenue and Expenses by School

Total Men's Basketball Revenue - National Rank
#12 Kentucky Men's Basketball Revenue: $22,667,255
#17 Alabama Men's Basketball Revenue: $19,047,972

Schools That Make the Most Money Off College Basketball

Reactions: Cayts69
Is that plane still on the ground in NYC?
Yes and this man was seen getting onto it.

tom-cean.gif

I think it would be funny if he ran it up to where bama is strapped with a 10-11 million dollar coach because “we don’t want to get into a bidding war”.

Then what the hell are we doing here? Honestly, if we're just looking to become Indiana, can some let me know so I can focus on my other teams.

I think it would be funny if he ran it up to where bama is strapped with a 10-11 million dollar coach because “we don’t want to get into a bidding war”.
Strapped? Alabama makes $60 million more than Kentucky annually. So in three years, Alabama pulls in $180 million more than Kentucky. Think about that for a second. That is before the new SEC contract starts next year for both schools. Kentucky is not a peer with Alabama when it comes to money. Alabama competes with Ohio State and Texas for revenue. Alabama can afford to pay whatever they want. The question is never about "can" for schools like Alabama and Texas etc., it's "will they" and we can't answer that.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
It really is interesting that the plane is still on the ground.
It is. It's 5:30 there now. Plane landed at 10:00 am or so. Assume worst case 2 hours in the car round trip, the pitch to Hurley's agents shouldn't have taken more than an hour. And if he definitely said no (we've yet to hear anyone except some source go apey via CBS that even $20m wouldn't be enough), the only reasons they'd still be there is dinner in NYC or Pitino meet up.

Of course the Hurley "no" news could be completely off - maybe he drove down from Glastonbury, CT to see it for himself? I know, very unlikely as Norlander is usually spot on.

Ok, just figured out a more rationale reason that plane is still in NYC.

There is a serious band of storms from north central PA all the way down to Knoxville. The entire path from NYC to LEX is bad, and there doesn't seem to be much of a route around it.

I'd wager they are staying put overnight due to that weather and will head back in the morning.

It is. It's 5:30 there now. Plane landed at 10:00 am or so. Assume worst case 2 hours in the car round trip, the pitch to Hurley's agents shouldn't have taken more than an hour. And if he definitely said no (we've yet to hear anyone except some source go apey via CBS that even $20m wouldn't be enough), the only reasons they'd still be there is dinner in NYC or Pitino meet up.

Of course the Hurley "no" news could be completely off - maybe he drove down from Glastonbury, CT to see it for himself? I know, very unlikely as Norlander is usually spot on.
Enough time has passed since the “source” leaked to CBS that you’d think you’d have an official press release by now. The longer it goes without an official press release, the more you start to wonder if it’s to keep the natives at bay until the celebration and parade is over.

It’s highly unlikely still but it’s been 2 hours since CBS said it was over…. Why the wait on UConn/Hurley’s side of an official statement

Reactions: TheDude73
Enough time has passed since the “source” leaked to CBS that you’d think you’d have an official press release by now. The longer it goes without an official press release, the more you start to wonder if it’s to keep the natives at bay until the celebration and parade is over.

It’s highly unlikely still but it’s been 2 hours since CBS said it was over…. Why the wait on UConn/Hurley’s side of an official statement
Didn't Hurley say no on the Jim Rome show??

Filled with a bucket load of tears.
Not at all, if he is literally dumb enough to turn down $100 million! Sorry but that transcends lots of excuses/reasons and frankly, should never have been offered. Who knows, maybe it never was. In which case, I rescind my comment about his intelligence. Otherwise, only a fool walks away from that. That IS my official stance and it ain't changing, regardless of his official answer.

Not at all, if he is literally dumb enough to turn down $100 million! Sorry but that transcends lots of excuses/reasons and frankly, should never have been offered. Who knows, maybe it never was. In which case, I rescind my comment about his intelligence. Otherwise, only a fool walks away from that. That IS my official stance and it ain't changing, regardless of his official answer.
I agree.

There is a serious band of storms from north central PA all the way down to Knoxville. The entire path from NYC to LEX is bad, and there doesn't seem to be much of a route around it.

I'd wager they are staying put overnight due to that weather and will head back in the morning.
They have legal minimums to take off and land at KLGA and KLEX. Sure, maybe the crafts aren’t comfortable but it’s honestly pretty standard IFR from a ceilings standpoint.

There is a convective sigmet between them and Lex but if they went north towards Buffalo and down to Lex they could get around it if they wanted. But they may just use it as an excuse to hang out in NYC while Mitch works on the next move from there instead of back to KY.

Reactions: TheDude73

Or switched planes because of us creeps tracking it.

Does 50 million get him in two years? Hmmm! If he turned that much down, the NBA has to question his intelligence and viability at all levels.

Didn't Hurley say no on the Jim Rome show??
These things still usually come with official press releases. Not just statements on random tv spots etc. enough examples of ppl saying no publicly when a mic is shoved in their face to then turn around and take a job.

Once it got out that UK was meeting and coming w a big offer…. That would typically be met with an actual official statement from Hurley/his agent/or UConn

Yes, he isn’t interested.
Not sure but if so and after negotiating...I don't even want him any more. My dog is smarter and can herd cattle as well as ball players. He goes where I tell him, does what I say, most of the time and never back talks. He's glad to be here too! And he was free to me! He does still have trouble signing stupid contracts though. Good boy!

Strapped? Alabama makes $60 million more than Kentucky annually. So in three years, Alabama pulls in $180 million more than Kentucky. Think about that for a second. That is before the new SEC contract starts next year for both schools. Kentucky is not a peer with Alabama when it comes to money. Alabama competes with Ohio State and Texas for revenue. Alabama can afford to pay whatever they want. The question is never about "can" for schools like Alabama and Texas etc., it's "will they" and we can't answer that.
They wouldn't

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT