ADVERTISEMENT

Confrontation at Practice

Explain in more detail please.

Who is Aspirations?

From the KSR article mentioned in this thread:

"Kentucky has hosted the prospect ["Woo" Spencer] for unofficial visits multiple times and will now be looking to close with Vince Marrow leading the recruitment. Spencer is a member of Aspirations Gym with trainer Chris Vaughn. Aspirations has produced multiple Power Five prospects over the years with many signing with Kentucky."

Reactions: rucker4
Where has it been suggested to write off recruiting football players in Louisville? I must have missed that.
Responding to Ky Bluedude who stated we only had 1 starter from Louisville acting like it is no big deal if Brohm starts signing a number of local players

Last edited:
Reactions: 1stKatMan
I like the “create” get a young Cat from back in the 13? Class

Just an Example- from the L, maybe played WR?, had a bigger than huge ego who knows? He may have even been Mr Football?

See what he can do
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say nobody knows who you’re talking about ha. I’ve looked at every class Stoops has had not a single receiver matches your description.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Let me just state this it is in the best interest of UK to sever that tie. The players Vaughn has influence with you need to stay away from. Build the relationships with the high school coaches, it really concerned me going to games and watching Vaughn and his posse having access all over the field During warm ups.

On a similar note, has VM/Stoops/UK made any inroads with regards to consistent recruiting in the BG/Warren County area? While it's likely not as fertile ground for recruiting as Louisville, it certainly has produced some quality players over the last decade or so. A stable and productive pipeline running from the BG area to Lex would be a great way to offset any losses elsewhere.

On a similar note, has VM/Stoops/UK made any inroads with regards to consistent recruiting in the BG/Warren County area? While it's likely not as fertile ground for recruiting as Louisville, it certainly has produced some quality players over the last decade or so. A stable and productive pipeline running from the BG area to Lex would be a great way to offset any losses elsewhere.
Dingles, Jantzen Dunn transferring, wasnt one of our RBs from BG area

Responding to Ky Bluedude who stated we only had 1 starter from Louisville acting like it is no big deal if Brohm starts signing a number of local players
Brohm is going to sign local players. UK's staff can't stop Brohm from signing Louisville players anymore than Brohm could stop Stoops from signing Lexington players. And although UK will continue to recruit in Louisville, Louisville players for the most part have not been difference makers at UK. At this moment, UK's only starter from Louisville is JJ Weaver, who actually grew up in GA. Weaver is an excellent player. But prior to Weaver, UK's next most recent starter from Louisville was Jason Hatcher.

Vince Marrow has opened up a pipeline to North Hardin hs in Ratcliff (Hardin Co.) that has been more important to our program than Jefferson County so far. Andre Woodson, LaRod King, Jordan Lovett, Octavious Oxendine, and LaVell Wright are from North Hardin hs. Lovett and Oxendine are key contributors to our defense now.

No one is suggesting UK's coaches should write off Jefferson County. But let's face it, players signed out of Lexington, Cincinnati, and Nashville are contributing much more to our football than players from Louisville. Even Bowling Green has contributed more to our football program than Louisville. And it hasn't been for lack of trying to sign them. Here are Stoops' signees from Jefferson Co., not counting the most recent case of Kiyanuta Goodwin who played his senior year in southern IN.

Jason Hatcher
Lloyd Tubman
Jared Casey
JJ Weaver
Shawnkel Knight-Goff
Tae Tae Crumes
John Young
Izayah Cummings
Elijah Reed

Not to forget Jordan Watkins, who committed and decommitted.

Most of these players were highly rated. Kind of puts everything in a different perspective, doesn't it?

As long as Stoops dominates Lexington and the rest of the state we'll be fine. I see where a FD player is headed to u6 from the portal. This state produces many more top D1 players than it use to. As long as UK staff maintains getting the majority they'll be fine. Our problem hasn't been u6, but Alabama, Clemson and the elite teams.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say nobody knows who you’re talking about ha. I’ve looked at every class Stoops has had not a single receiver matches your description.

My bad. I don’t know why I said WR. He was a defensive player. Maybe I’m old and don’t worry. I won’t tell your grand momma that you are making fun of old people.

We both know what would happen!!!

She would get the switch out after ya.

Haha. Follow that one up!

Didn’t say UK couldn’t or shouldn’t recruit Louisville but trying to point out that our football success is not overly dependent on getting players out of Lou. Based on fact. One starter. No reason to panic.

Didn’t say UK couldn’t or shouldn’t recruit Louisville but trying to point out that our football success is not overly dependent on getting players out of Lou. Based on fact. One starter. No reason to panic.

We need Louisville if for no other reason to drain UL talent pool.

What we don't need is aspirations. Goodwin is his meal ticket and he's flopping. He can certainly turn it around but it will be a long shot.

That plus the feathers he apparently ruffled around the local high schools, this guy should be out of the loop pretty soon.

Reactions: jauk11 and Tskware
Star hs basketball and football players have always been influenced by third parties. This did not begin with NIL, although without a doubt NIL has made it worse. Money always attracts con artists and parasites. Coach Marrow has generally been known for doing a good job of handling this. But the Vaughn situation is complicated because Vaughn is a UL man by history. In any case, a hc can't allow himself to be dictated to by a third party acting as the player's quasi-agent. Inevitably, that leads a program down the pathway of rules violations and investigations, as UL, LSU, and AZ recently learned. It is bad for the locker room, bad for the concept of competition for team roles, and bad for building and maintaining a stable coaching staff. Goodwin is gone, and Stoops has had almost nothing to say about it. Stoops typically doesn't comment very much on such things, but I thought he looked relieved.
Pimps

Reactions: jauk11
Stoops isn’t going to just concede Louisville/Jefferson Co recruiting to Brohm. We will still recruit it and continue to get players from the city. Brohm will make that harder to some degree but we wont be shut out.

Reactions: jauk11 and maroon79
We need Louisville if for no other reason to drain UL talent pool.

What we don't need is aspirations. Goodwin is his meal ticket and he's flopping. He can certainly turn it around but it will be a long shot.

That plus the feathers he apparently ruffled around the local high schools, this guy should be out of the loop pretty soon.
What local high schools has he ruffled?

He’s a trainer right? What is he doing? Steering middle school players? Demanding playing time? Confronting coaches?

Those doesn’t seem to fit in his job description?

Yes they have a good relationship with BG High and South Warren. Adrian Middleton (2014-2018) and Jantzen Dunn came from South. Jacob Lacey and Christian Conyers both seriously considered UK but ultimately chose different universities. Head Coach Brandon Smith doesn’t necessarily steer his kids to one school, he helps kids pick the best situation for them. However he does like Stoops and UK. Now his dad Chuck Smith is on staff at South and that will help UK as well. BG has the Dingle brothers and Vito Tisdale on the roster currently. Marrow has a good relationship with Head Coach Spader at BG. I have a personal relationship with both South and BG’s coaching staffs. I’ll say this, Bowling Green doesn’t produce as much D1 talent as Louisville due to population obviously but per capita BG produces more high end D1 players than Louisville. In fact, 3 of the past 5 years, the #1 player in the state has come from Bowling Green/Warren County. UK would be wise to continue to recruit here as there are some very, very good players in Bowling Green.

What local high schools has he ruffled?

He’s a trainer right? What is he doing? Steering middle school players? Demanding playing time? Confronting coaches?

Those doesn’t seem to fit in his job description?

No idea. Two posters above mentioned them. Since I don't have personal knowledge I just said apparently

Reactions: Kybluedude
I do worry now with Brohm coming home and if true about this falling out that recruiting in the city of Louisville is going to be very difficult
We can minimize the impact of losing recruiting battles in Louisville by controlling the rest of the state and focusing a lot more on Cincinnati and Northern Ky. Not a lot of kids up there will be clamoring to play for Satterfield.

Yes they have a good relationship with BG High and South Warren. Adrian Middleton (2014-2018) and Jantzen Dunn came from South. Jacob Lacey and Christian Conyers both seriously considered UK but ultimately chose different universities. Head Coach Brandon Smith doesn’t necessarily steer his kids to one school, he helps kids pick the best situation for them. However he does like Stoops and UK. Now his dad Chuck Smith is on staff at South and that will help UK as well. BG has the Dingle brothers and Vito Tisdale on the roster currently. Marrow has a good relationship with Head Coach Spader at BG. I have a personal relationship with both South and BG’s coaching staffs. I’ll say this, Bowling Green doesn’t produce as much D1 talent as Louisville due to population obviously but per capita BG produces more high end D1 players than Louisville. In fact, 3 of the past 5 years, the #1 player in the state has come from Bowling Green/Warren County. UK would be wise to continue to recruit here as there are some very, very good players in Bowling Green.

I forgot Tisdale, that is another good player from BG

Last few years, 5A has basically been Frederick Douglass vs. South Warren or Bowling Green, and we have recruited those programs extensively.

The bottom line is that you don't even want kids that are going to allow themselves to be brokered so. It's not about winning football games, but all about them. See, e.g. Texas A&M for what results.

You would probably be surprised at the number of these kids who have "advisors ". Probably be hard to field a team if you cut them loose

I forgot Tisdale, that is another good player from BG

Last few years, 5A has basically been Frederick Douglass vs. South Warren or Bowling Green, and we have recruited those programs extensively.
Don’t forget Eli Brown came from Bowling Green as well. I know he transferred to WKU after a few years but that was for family reasons but he was a 4* Army All-American.

You would probably be surprised at the number of these kids who have "advisors ". Probably be hard to field a team if you cut them loose

To be completely honest, I think a lot of us would be surprised how many college football players grow up in a home with not a lot of good parental guidance, a HS coach or trainer may be the best, maybe the only option.

Reactions: Girthang
I say we keep recruiting Louisville hard and not worry about Brohm. He’s not a threat in any way, and I don’t think he should ever be considered one.

Last edited:
All of that is good to hear!
I had forgotten about Tisdale as well. Good to hear other programs aren't in any better shape with the BG area recruits than UK. I was specifically thinking about UTeee and didn't know if Brohm had any connections there or not.
My knowledge of the BG football scene is limited. I know my Pulaski County Maroons have run up against a wall in the playoffs more often than not, when trying to get past those schools.

My bad. I don’t know why I said WR. He was a defensive player. Maybe I’m old and don’t worry. I won’t tell your grand momma that you are making fun of old people.

We both know what would happen!!!

She would get the switch out after ya.

Haha. Follow that one up!
Yeah this is weird lol but okay I’ll follow up with, I still don’t think anybody has any clue of who you are talking about.

Reactions: Rockford
I like the “create” get a young Cat from back in the 13? Class

Just an Example- from the L, maybe played WR?, had a bigger than huge ego who knows? He may have even been Mr Football?

See what he can do

Yeah this is weird lol but okay I’ll follow up with, I still don’t think anybody has any clue of who you are talking about.

Well, if he was graduating from UK in 2013-ish, Winston Guy would fit the description.

If he was incoming recruit around that time, Ryan Timmons almost fits the description (I know Frankfort isn't Louisville). Even though it's a stretch, he's the closest thing I could come up with.

“He was a defensive player.”

Hatcher from Louisville was our highest profile recruit. Flipped him from a left coast team.

He was here, maybe a year, and had some disciplinary problem and was gone.

Reactions: jauk11
ADVERTISEMENT