ADVERTISEMENT

Confrontation at Practice

it has been inevitable for years now that Vaughn (former UL Fball player) would re establish a relationship with UL and cut off UK. We were on borrowed time for the other 2 sides to work stuff out.

Interesting if true. Never really thought about this aspect of the nil. I guess boosters kind of had a say ( the maybe few?) that donated big money but now programs have to deal with nil people acting almost as agents to plays and teams have to deal with both of them.

I do worry now with Brohm coming home and if true about this falling out that recruiting in the city of Louisville is going to be very difficult

If it's going to be like this, the real question is who breaks who? The gym UK, or UK the gym?

Anyone know or hear about a "confrontation" at a recent practice between the owner of Aspirations and Stoops, with the owner thereafter pulling Goodwin out of practice? Its been posted on KSR in a comment to an article about Spencer.
Star hs basketball and football players have always been influenced by third parties. This did not begin with NIL, although without a doubt NIL has made it worse. Money always attracts con artists and parasites. Coach Marrow has generally been known for doing a good job of handling this. But the Vaughn situation is complicated because Vaughn is a UL man by history. In any case, a hc can't allow himself to be dictated to by a third party acting as the player's quasi-agent. Inevitably, that leads a program down the pathway of rules violations and investigations, as UL, LSU, and AZ recently learned. It is bad for the locker room, bad for the concept of competition for team roles, and bad for building and maintaining a stable coaching staff. Goodwin is gone, and Stoops has had almost nothing to say about it. Stoops typically doesn't comment very much on such things, but I thought he looked relieved.

Star hs basketball and football players have always been influenced by third parties. This did not begin with NIL, although without a doubt NIL has made it worse. Money always attracts con artists and parasites. Coach Marrow has generally been known for doing a good job of handling this. But the Vaughn situation is complicated because Vaughn is a UL man by history. In any case, a hc can't allow himself to be dictated to by a third party acting as the player's quasi-agent. Inevitably, that leads a program down the pathway of rules violations and investigations, as UL, LSU, and AZ recently learned. It is bad for the locker room, bad for the concept of competition for team roles, and bad for building and maintaining a stable coaching staff. Goodwin is gone, and Stoops has had almost nothing to say about it. Stoops typically doesn't comment very much on such things, but I thought he looked relieved.
Sad situation but I am old so what do I know

Find another “gym”, a more UK friendly gym.. There’s got to be some morally challenged, exploitive former college FB player in Louisville willing to steer kids to UK. Just got to find him. Or create him. Lol.

This is really a dumb move by him a business owner if true. Dont care if he was pro UK would not take my son to a place with drama and someone like this.

Reactions: maroon79
Not that we don't want in-state guys, we do. But Ky HS FB just doesn't produce enough for us to be overly concerned about it. The state produces a handful of P5 guys annually and typically it takes some development time because they haven't been playing against much quality at the hs level.

Reactions: Littlefeller
People are overreacting to recruiting da vile. We should struggle there, it’s another major D1 programs front and back yard. We always have struggled there until the last 3-4 years and while we may have gotten more recruits in that time, honestly most didn’t pan out. It’s not the end of the world to have recruiting competition in Louisville now. KY doesn’t provide enough major D1 talent to be the main recruiting vein anyway

People are overreacting to recruiting da vile. We should struggle there, it’s another major D1 programs front and back yard. We always have struggled there until the last 3-4 years and while we may have gotten more recruits in that time, honestly most didn’t pan out. It’s not the end of the world to have recruiting competition in Louisville now. KY doesn’t provide enough major D1 talent to be the main recruiting vein anyway
Get into a place attainable like Cincinnati and the program doesn't skip much of a beat

Where was this reported?

If true imo we should just stay away from the gym. They need us way more than we need them
I read it too . It was just a random post on a ksr article. Dude said his nephew was on the UK team and told him that Stoops and Vaughn got into a shouting match in the middle of practice and Vaughn pulled Goodwin from the field. The post could‘ve be made by anyone. Would Stoops even allow Chris Vaughn to be at team practices? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Explain in more detail please.

Who is Aspirations?
It is a gym in Louisville. Vaughn is the owner. He took Goodwin in and trained him. Moved him to HS is southern Indiana. Some have said he was Goodwin's legal guardian. Either way he has a major influence in the kids life

I read it too . It was just a random post on a ksr article. Dude said his nephew was on the UK team and told him that Stoops and Vaughn got into a shouting match in the middle of practice and Vaughn pulled Goodwin from the field. The post could be made by anyone. Would Stoops even allow Chris Vaughn to be at team practices? I doubt it.
Yeah, I thought our practices were closed.

Find another “gym”, a more UK friendly gym.. There’s got to be some morally challenged, exploitive former college FB player in Louisville willing to steer kids to UK. Just got to find him. Or create him. Lol.

I like the “create” get a young Cat from back in the 13? Class

Just an Example- from the L, maybe played WR?, had a bigger than huge ego who knows? He may have even been Mr Football?

See what he can do

ADVERTISEMENT