ADVERTISEMENT

Confrontation at Practice

This is counter productive imo. Get the best talent anywhere & let LV have lesser LV talent. The difference will show.

The city definitely produces top level talent. Of the city recruits we get, they are often key contributors and important depth pieces. That's nothing to sneeze at. Especially so when you consider that's good bang for the recruiting buck since it's nearby. That helps save resources for the out of town battles for the major contributors.

At the same time, you're draining their resource pool.

So it's a definite win win and hardly counter productive

Reactions: jauk11
In no way whatsoever does UL need to be a consideration in our recruiting strategy.

We need ballplayers who can physically compete & beat guys at Florida. Georgia, Knoxville, Miss, LSU, Oklahoma. That needs to be our focus 100%. Get the best players possible from Kentucky, Ohio, Detroit, Nashville, Georgia, S Florida, northeast. SEC ballplayers who other SEC teams offer as well.

All of that is good to hear!
I had forgotten about Tisdale as well. Good to hear other programs aren't in any better shape with the BG area recruits than UK. I was specifically thinking about UTeee and didn't know if Brohm had any connections there or not.
My knowledge of the BG football scene is limited. I know my Pulaski County Maroons have run up against a wall in the playoffs more often than not, when trying to get past those schools.
Well UT does have some interest in BG area schools as I know of 3 recruits that have visited and 1 commit to UT in the last 6 years. But I wouldn’t say they have an advantage over UK. As for Brohm, he does have connections from his time here in Bowling Green at WKU. So that will be interesting to watch but again, I don’t think Louisville is in better shape than UK. UK will still have the biggest advantage in this area but Stoops and Marrow will need to make BG even more of a priority now that Brohm is at Louisville because he most certainly will recruiting Bowling Green hard.

Star hs basketball and football players have always been influenced by third parties. This did not begin with NIL, although without a doubt NIL has made it worse. Money always attracts con artists and parasites. Coach Marrow has generally been known for doing a good job of handling this. But the Vaughn situation is complicated because Vaughn is a UL man by history. In any case, a hc can't allow himself to be dictated to by a third party acting as the player's quasi-agent. Inevitably, that leads a program down the pathway of rules violations and investigations, as UL, LSU, and AZ recently learned. It is bad for the locker room, bad for the concept of competition for team roles, and bad for building and maintaining a stable coaching staff. Goodwin is gone, and Stoops has had almost nothing to say about it. Stoops typically doesn't comment very much on such things, but I thought he looked relieved.
Very well stated/explained and well thought out and truthful response. Thanks for your level headedness in your reply. We enjoy your efforts.

Reactions: jauk11
To be completely honest, I think a lot of us would be surprised how many college football players grow up in a home with not a lot of good parental guidance, a HS coach or trainer may be the best, maybe the only option.
Last Chance U on Netflix is a great watch. It is BB but shows what a lot of these young guys go through in life. I am sure FB is about the same.

Want to fix it?

Push the good kids out of Loserville area into Lex / Cincy and push the local facilities who can get you "SEC Ready" cause Vaughan has NOT proven to create talent - talent was there first....."so I would seek playing in Lex/Cincy to increase your SEC hopes."

In no way whatsoever does UL need to be a consideration in our recruiting strategy.

We need ballplayers who can physically compete & beat guys at Florida. Georgia, Knoxville, Miss, LSU, Oklahoma. That needs to be our focus 100%. Get the best players possible from Kentucky, Ohio, Detroit, Nashville, Georgia, S Florida, northeast. SEC ballplayers who other SEC teams offer as well.

They shouldn't be the main focus but it should be part of the consideration. The bigger issue is the city itself. It produces some really good talent and is a great return on recruiting dollar

Worrying about Brohm is like most worrying, it's counter-productive. We are the better program, we are in the SEC, Louisville needs to be far more worried about us. I'm sure they'll win some recruiting battles and we'll win our share, just like we always have always done. They'll talk about shutting us out of Louisville just like they've done for 40 years and have never been able to do. I don't think Brohm is a bad coach but he is not the second coming of Nick Saban either. Would you change him for our coach or staff? Because I will tell you with a 100% honesty that I would not trade him or anyone of our coaches for one of theirs.

I don't have a single clue what is going on with Goodwin but he wouldn't be he first high profile recruit who didn't have the ability, the will, or the smarts to make the jump to a successful Div. I player. You need all those things to work. It was a little telling that Marrow had built a 5-year relationship with the young man and Michigan State jumps in to recruiting him the final 2 months and he was ready to abandon his commitment to UK that his signing was delayed for 24 hours while Marrow had to talk with him more. So I'm not entirely sure we're dealing with someone who has a lot of emotional maturity. I hope he is able to make something of himself.

Vaughn doesn't get every D1 football athlete in Louisville under his spell
Vaughn is a leech. He's good at recruiting kids to his facility but you can't name one that he has soley developed. HS coaches are the ones developing the kids. He dabbles with track kids too teaching them FB ways that are not beneficial for running track.

Vaughn is a leech. He's good at recruiting kids to his facility but you can't name one that he has soley developed. HS coaches are the ones developing the kids. He dabbles with track kids too teaching them FB ways that are not beneficial for running track.
Interesting

LOL at the frauds. Just like with NIL, they get a BS narrative from KSR, have a few posters making up BS they heard, other posters piggyback the nonsense with “if true” and “apparently”, then it’s fully adopted as truth.

This started from a random anonymous KSR comment section. Clueless JHB4UK saying the made up rumor was inevitable, then the rest of the sheep running with it.

UK is by far the better program currently but UL could catch up pretty quick for a couple of reasons. The ACC is awful and Brohm is a good coach. I expect UL to win 8-9 games a year consistently, especially the years they avoid Clemson/FSU. The SEC is about to go to a 9 game schedule and we'll be rotating every team and not being able to beat up on the Missouri's USC's and Vandy's every year. Instead we'll be rotating Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, TxAM, etc., with Georgia and UT as two of our permanent opponents, so winning more than 7 games a year will be difficult. I still expect UK to beat UL 75% of the time but they'll be beating their chest saying they're the better program because they're going to better bowls because of the better records playing in a weak conference.

UK is by far the better program currently but UL could catch up pretty quick for a couple of reasons. The ACC is awful and Brohm is a good coach. I expect UL to win 8-9 games a year consistently, especially the years they avoid Clemson/FSU. The SEC is about to go to a 9 game schedule and we'll be rotating every team and not being able to beat up on the Missouri's USC's and Vandy's every year. Instead we'll be rotating Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, TxAM, etc., with Georgia and UT as two of our permanent opponents, so winning more than 7 games a year will be difficult. I still expect UK to beat UL 75% of the time but they'll be beating their chest saying they're the better program because they're going to better bowls because of the better records playing in a weak conference.
I don’t think we will have UT and UGA as permanent opponents. I would more guess SC and one of those 2. It will be interesting how the schedule all works out.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Myron Pryor and Corey Peters anchored the D-Line for Rich Brooks' best UK teams.
Pryor drafted by the Pats played 4 yrs.

Corey Peters still plays for Jacksonville.

Both from Louisville. Both almost chose UofL
I’m not dismissing needing to get some players from Louisville especially in a state with very little production of players. But recent years have not produced the higher end talent coming through Louisville during that stretch. Other than rondale Moore I struggle to think of a guy that was top top tier.

I don’t think we will have UT and UGA as permanent opponents. I would more guess SC and one of those 2. It will be interesting how the schedule all works out.
I hope you’re right but about everything I’ve read about expansion includes Georgia as a permanent opponent with either Tennessee or Florida as another. Then maybe USC.

A leach when the majority of his players are kids going to Murray State, K State, and EKU and don’t get much attention. Anything for the BS narrative.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say nobody knows who you’re talking about ha. I’ve looked at every class Stoops has had not a single receiver matches your description.
The shadow knows, ha ha ha ha.

Or maybe that is from an old outdated TV program.

But I do agree with your conclusion.

Reactions: Cabo Blue
Stoops isn’t going to just concede Louisville/Jefferson Co recruiting to Brohm. We will still recruit it and continue to get players from the city. Brohm will make that harder to some degree but we wont be shut out.
Right, they can't all be dummies.

You would probably be surprised at the number of these kids who have "advisors ". Probably be hard to field a team if you cut them loose
It's a different world today. And a lot more so since the advent of NIL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT