ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson ...

Says the moronic outlier.
Still crying I see. Clemson has 5 Sweet 16’s in the entire history of their program and Cal… CCC COW or Kal, which we lame name you use has 8 in his time at UK. It’s an objective fact that pisses you off. It’s hilarious how triggered y’all get over facts that don’t align with your agenda. What’s an outlier about stating a fact? Should I make up BS just to fit in like you and not be an outlier? I would never be that weak.

Reactions: 247CATS
How many NBAers have they made? How much in humanitarian aide have they raised? They're playing checkers while Kal out there playing chess.

We have lots more NBAers, Cal has done more humanitarian aid than most, Cal has more final fours, championships, and wins also. Chess and checkers is the perfect analogy.

We have lots more NBAers, Cal has done more humanitarian aid than most, Cal has more final fours, championships, and wins also. Chess and checkers is the perfect analogy.
Honest question. Do you feel like the last three seasons including this one was successful?

No, not in the least. Very unsuccessful and underwhelming. Just don’t want to jump the gun and make a Kenny Payne type of hire. I would take Drew tomorrow, fwiw.
I was just curious. Surprisingly you’ll find some people on social media are good with it.

Reactions: 247CATS
Freshmen-laden seems to be a death knell for tournament success.
I’ve always felt like it’s extremely difficult for young teams to beat teams with a lot of upperclassman. The mental and physical edge they have is tough to overcome. Most division 1 programs have good strength and training programs so they’ve put in all that work training. It makes a difference.

Reactions: megablue
Clemson started 4 Seniors and a Junior.
Had 3 sophomores come off the bench. No freshmen played, as they only played 8 in the game !! A veteran club … !!
I’ve thought if a veteran mid major can make deep runs in the tourney, then P5 veteran teams with arguably better players should also be very dangerous. Also theirs a lot to teams making runs in there conference tourney equating to deeper runs in the NCAA Tourney.

Still crying I see. Clemson has 5 Sweet 16’s in the entire history of their program and Cal… CCC COW or Kal, which we lame name you use has 8 in his time at UK. It’s an objective fact that pisses you off. It’s hilarious how triggered y’all get over facts that don’t align with your agenda. What’s an outlier about stating a fact? Should I make up BS just to fit in like you and not be an outlier? I would never be that weak.
Still hanging on Cal's achievements from the first half of his tenure here, I see. Cute.

Still hanging on Cal's achievements from the first half of his tenure here, I see. Cute.
Still stating facts which breaks your unhinged heart. People are acting like Clemson is better than us for making a Sweet 16, I pointed out a fact and you got in your feelings. I’ll state them again and you can cry some more. Cal has 8 Sweet 16’s in his time at UK, Clemson 5 in their entire history. Clemson has made 2 Elite 8’s in their entire history, Cal has made 7 in his time at UK.

Theres plenty to criticize Cal for, dont use ignorant nonsense like Clemson basketball being superior.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
No, not in the least. Very unsuccessful and underwhelming. Just don’t want to jump the gun and make a Kenny Payne type of hire. I would take Drew tomorrow, fwiw.
I guess 16 years isn't enough of a litmus test for some. Dude, we could throw a dart at a board and find a better coach as it stands right now. This is just the UKAA parroted excuse for inaction. Next year it will be something else, just as the previous year. At some point a program needs to rip off the band aid and get a fresh start and instill some hope in the fanbase. We ALL know how this ends.

I guess 16 years isn't enough of a litmus test for some. Dude, we could throw a dart at a board and find a better coach as it stands right now. This is just the UKAA parroted excuse for inaction. Next year it will be something else, just as the previous year. At some point a program needs to rip off the band aid and get a fresh start and instill some hope in the fanbase. We ALL know how this ends.
So you hook you wagon to a dart throw for 5 years? This is what happens when you’re controlled by your emotions instead of logic and reason.

Not sure what the hate is...

Simply saying UK program should be better than Clemson
UK is a better program than Clemson...to say other wise is absolutely insane. This is the FIRST time Clemson has made it this far in how many years? LOL. Don't be that simple...

Over half of those 16, we were on top of the college basketball world. The end is definitely coming but the time wasn’t right to part ways.

My daughter drew Clemson in her school March Madness challenge, I initially told her it was unfortunate. Now her team is in the elite 8 and my bracket was busted during the opening round. Haha.

• Haha
Still stating facts which breaks your unhinged heart. People are acting like Clemson is better than us for making a Sweet 16, I pointed out a fact and you got in your feelings. I’ll state them again and you can cry some more. Cal has 8 Sweet 16’s in his time at UK, Clemson 5 in their entire history. Clemson has made 2 Elite 8’s in their entire history, Cal has made 7 in his time at UK.

Theres plenty to criticize Cal for, dont use ignorant nonsense like Clemson basketball being superior.
Pretty sure I never said Clemson basketball is superior. However, the achievements of our program over the past half decade have been less than stellar. If you can't wrap your stubborn mind around that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Looks better than UK..

Think about that for a second....

That's how far we have fallen!!

Sweating 1st rd NCAA games... smh... roster turnover next!! Cal can't coach his way out of paper bag!! Barnhart clueless!!

Burn it down!!! Closter BS

Dr RB
They did last night but got knocked out of the ACCT by crummy BC, losing by 21 points. :rolleyes:

Brownell was really, really close to getting fired a couple of years ago. He made some changes to his staff and they have played better the last couple of years, so maybe you can look at him as hope things can change as well.

Pretty sure I never said Clemson basketball is superior. However, the achievements of our program over the past half decade have been less than stellar. If you can't wrap your stubborn mind around that, then I don't know what to tell you.
Pretty sure I was replying to a person using Clemson sweet 16 to put us down when you got offended and came in guns blazing. Facts hurt your feelings. If you weren’t an unhinged lunatic you would have stayed in your lane.

Not sure what i’m stubborn about other than stating facts.

Pretty sure I was replying to a person using Clemson sweet 16 to put us down when you got offended and came in guns blazing. Facts hurt your feelings. If you weren’t an unhinged lunatic you would have stayed in your lane.

It's an analogy. Teams LIKE Clemson in the sweet 16. KY losing to a 14 seed this year. KY having WAY MORE TALENT than teams like Clemson. It's an issue.

THEN you go off topic and talk about #of sweet 16s Cal has vs Clemson. THEN you say looking at 5 year history is throwing a dart.

I assume you do not have your own business or make major Financial decisions. When you say last 5 years is just a portion and not an indicator, I will simply change the channel.

MOST UK fans liked Cal and appreciate what he did here. HONESTLY after 2015 he was done. Each year getting worse. Problem is he won't admit it or change ... its pretty clear. Sit down, look at our talent the last 3 years .... we have 1 YES 1! NCAA tourney win while teams LIKE Clemson are making the sweet 16.

That was my intention of this post. Sorry I had to just type it all out for those that didn't infer the meaning.

Dr RB

You might be the biggest clown on this board. Congrats on that.

Much better coach than us and Hall is better than all three of our big men combined. They still may not win this game even as bad as Arizona is playing.
Brownell was very much on the hot seat before this season began. He’s .500 in ACC play in 14 years at Clemson.
Some of you see one Clemson game and think Brad Brownell is a great coach. He’s average at best

Brownell was very much on the hot seat before this season began. He’s .500 in ACC play in 14 years at Clemson.
Some of you see one Clemson game and think Brad Brownell is a great coach. He’s average at best

But how hot was his seat really? You talk about .500 play for Clemson. But it’s Clemson.. historically they are the worst Basketball program in the history of the ACC so .500 play isn’t new ground. Elite 8 is the new ground. For you guys in the SEC it would probably be like pointing out that Vanderbilt is .500 over a certain amount of years.

Parity is what makes college basketball so much more appealing to me than football. People fault the NCAA but this tournament that they have put together is the best event on TV by far. Football has the same old teams with a shot at the National Title year after year. Basketball has evolved into an event where no one can be sure about the outcome and we, the fans, know just as much as the experts. And UK will always be in the conversation for a National Title in Basketball. In Football--Not a Chance in Hell. Football is great for the pageantry and tail gating. For the actual sporting event on the playing field---give me basketball. That UNC-Bama game was as exciting as an event can be. DOWN GO THOSE CHEATING HOLES BABY!!!

Reactions: SDcatfan13
Parity is what makes college basketball so much more appealing to me than football. People fault the NCAA but this tournament that they have put together is the best event on TV by far. Football has the same old teams with a shot at the National Title year after year. Basketball has evolved into an event where no one can be sure about the outcome and we, the fans, know just as much as the experts. And UK will always be in the conversation for a National Title in Basketball. In Football--Not a Chance in Hell. Football is great for the pageantry and tail gating. For the actual sporting event on the playing field---give me basketball. That UNC-Bama game was as exciting as an event can be. DOWN GO THOSE CHEATING HOLES BABY!!!

NCAA is its own worst enemy though. Why in the hell would you allow the portal mess to happen the week your golden goose starts?! NC State had a player go in the portal and they’re still playing!!

At least wait until the Final Four is set not before the whole thing begins. 🤦🏻‍♂️👎. Why not have made this coming Monday the portal start day?

But how hot was his seat really? You talk about .500 play for Clemson. But it’s Clemson.. historically they are the worst Basketball program in the history of the ACC so .500 play isn’t new ground. Elite 8 is the new ground. For you guys in the SEC it would probably be like pointing out that Vanderbilt is .500 over a certain amount of years.
Around here, Brownell’s seat was looking pretty warm before this season began. He’s given himself a reprieve of 2-3 seasons after this years’ run. This is very similar to Frank Martin, who staved off his inevitable firing with USC’s 2017 Final Four run

Around here, Brownell’s seat was looking pretty warm before this season began. He’s given himself a reprieve of 2-3 seasons after this years’ run. This is very similar to Frank Martin, who staved off his inevitable firing with USC’s 2017 Final Four run

I can see the seat getting warmer, the key element in his case is the tenure. This is his 14th season and there can’t be any argument that he wasn’t given a full and lengthy opportunity if and when a moment arrived when his boss felt he had officially out stayed his welcome.

Like you said though this buys him more years. And if they win tomorrow, probably can add to that. Either way with those two schools you get to see them achieve something that they never have and that’s an element of why this annual flawed shindig still keeps some of its magic. (And even despite all the problems in the sport.)

Reactions: BBNinSC
Idiot

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT