ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I don’t know if I believe that report. Some of those guys will come anyway but there’s a trend right now of putting out fake reports and slapping WON on it.

Edit: it was fake. It came from the toru yano fan account. That shit is so annoying. He’s gonna get his ass yanked doing this one day. He did it the other day with a fake Booker T quote, it took off and book got hot lol.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Another match I forgot was Flair beating Hogan at Uncensored 1999 in Louisville. The match itself wasn't the best but seeing a World Title change was still really cool.

The AEW ratings slide continues as Dynamite did 941,000 viewers last night and a .41 in the demo. They were fourth in the demo behind two NBA games and Real Housewives.
It was the lowest Wednesday rating since July 7th.
I think the shows have been really good, maybe getting bounced around has hurt.

First PPV I ever went to. I was a kid and real into Nash and Rey. Remember being really excited for their match.

Another match I forgot was Flair beating Hogan at Uncensored 1999 in Louisville. The match itself wasn't the best but seeing a World Title change was still really cool.

The AEW ratings slide continues as Dynamite did 941,000 viewers last night and a .41 in the demo. They were fourth in the demo behind two NBA games and Real Housewives.
It was the lowest Wednesday rating since July 7th.
I think the shows have been really good, maybe getting bounced around has hurt.
I was actually surprised it did the numbers it did. It was a better demo than the last Wednesday show. Moving definitely hurt and it’ll take a week or two to get back where they were.

Finished watching the "Dark Side Of The Ring" on XPW. That whole story was even crazier than I remember.

Great day for the Smackdown folks who get to fly from Saudi Arabia to lovely Wichita, Kansas for tonight's Smackdown.

The fallout of Crown Jewel.
Brock Lesnar has promised to confront Roman Reigns

Over on Rampage: as usual they've got a lot packed into one hour.

PAC vs. Andrade el Idolo.
AEW Women's Champion Britt Baker vs. Anna Jay.
TBS Tournament Brackets released.
AEW Championship Eliminator Tournament: Jon Moxley vs. 10.
AEW Championship Eliminator Tournament: Orange Cassidy vs. Will Hobbs.
They had an episode on XPW?? I got a VHS or two of them after EVW shuttered. Was an interesting promotion to say the least.

Reactions: K-mac18
I don’t know if I believe that report. Some of those guys will come anyway but there’s a trend right now of putting out fake reports and slapping WON on it.

Edit: it was fake. It came from the toru yano fan account. That shit is so annoying. He’s gonna get his ass yanked doing this one day. He did it the other day with a fake Booker T quote, it took off and book got hot lol.
Ya the more I looked at it the more I realized it was fake - guy just posts crap to get attention

They had an episode on XPW?? I got a VHS or two of them after EVW shuttered. Was an interesting promotion to say the least.

Yeah it was on last week, can probably find it on Vice's youtube channel. Tonight's the final episode of the year focusing on the Vince McMahon steroid trial.

I was actually surprised it did the numbers it did. It was a better demo than the last Wednesday show. Moving definitely hurt and it’ll take a week or two to get back where they were.
Something to keep in mind is the west cost run time has changed. Dynamite is now live so it starts at 5pm on the west coast so they’ll be losing viewers there until they move to Tbs.

Food for Thought: AEW is somewhat dependent on their wrestlers supplementing their AEW work/salary with work at other indy feds. If that work/money starts to dry up, will AEW still be as attractive to wrestlers?
AEW is for the wrestlers. They want to be able to go put on matches in New Japan, PWG, GCW, etc. even if the audiences are smaller.

WWE is for the entertainers.

GCW doesn’t even have a website, settle down lol. New Japan is a bigger thing in the US than GCW is
Website or not, they’re getting a lot of exposure with Matt Cardona, Jon Moxley, and Minoru Suzuki wrestling there. Gage has been on AEW with over 1mil eyes on him and the promotion.

I’m not saying they’re giving anyone a run for their money, but if I had to say there was a promotion on the rise right now in the independence it’s GCW.

I just watched Ric Flairs "I'm telling ya'll, with a tear in my eye" promo from the 92 Royal Rumble. The thing that now sticks out to me most. That promo had Ric Flair, Gene Okerland, Curt Hennig, and Bobby Heenan.

Ric Flair is the only one of them still alive :(

Reactions: Fast3ddy
Lost in all the talk of ghostbuster gear and Page in the marshmellow costume was the fact that Omega and Cole quietly started planting seeds of a blowup down the road. Nobody puts in more detail in his work than Omega.

Reactions: Nbacats and GeraldV
Lost in all the talk of ghostbuster gear and Page in the marshmellow costume was the fact that Omega and Cole quietly started planting seeds of a blowup down the road. Nobody puts in more detail in his work than Omega.

I always felt like it was inevitable. Adam Cole is a main eventer that's going to be in the world title picture sooner than later. It's pretty damn difficult logistically to have a sustainable stable with two legitimate world-title caliber players in it.

Can't be making a guy like Omega or Adam Cole mid carding on a regular basis and not being in the picture to challenge for the title. And by having the belt on Omega while they are both in the same faction, you're effectively eliminating Cole from main event and world title challenging status.

I’m a bit behind on Rampage tonight but American Dragon’s chest looks like it went thru some barbed wire due to all them chops!

I always felt like it was inevitable. Adam Cole is a main eventer that's going to be in the world title picture sooner than later. It's pretty damn difficult logistically to have a sustainable stable with two legitimate world-title caliber players in it.

Can't be making a guy like Omega or Adam Cole mid carding on a regular basis and not being in the picture to challenge for the title. And by having the belt on Omega while they are both in the same faction, you're effectively eliminating Cole from main event and world title challenging status.
This started with Adam Cole's second appearance on BTE. Omega says Cole needs to stay in his lane.

To take minds away from the shitshow in Starkville...

Mikey Ruckus, the guy that makes most AEW themes. How insane is it that he made the Elites ghostbuster theme in one hour as dynamite was starting and going on. Unreal. The elite were originally gonna do Squid Game theme costumes but Warner found out and nixed it at the last minute so they had to scramble to come up with something else.

Did you know:

The WWE was worried when the United States upgraded the standard of broadcast TV to HDTV, was very concerned that the higher resolution would expose the business. That is why they started doing camera cuts like a mofo. You will notice that they frequently cut at the moment of move impact, this is purposeful to try to "hide" pulled punches, less than optimal contact on moves, etc.

I may be Captain Obvious, but I didn't realize that the advance in technology represented by HDTV was something WWE feared.

Did you know:

The WWE was worried when the United States upgraded the standard of broadcast TV to HDTV, was very concerned that the higher resolution would expose the business. That is why they started doing camera cuts like a mofo. You will notice that they frequently cut at the moment of move impact, this is purposeful to try to "hide" pulled punches, less than optimal contact on moves, etc.

I may be Captain Obvious, but I didn't realize that the advance in technology represented by HDTV was something WWE feared.
Is this the constant Kevin Dunn camera changes?

Interesting that Owens is out cutting off Big E and Rollins and says he will keep fighting whether it's 3 more months or 3 more years, he's going to keep fighting. Sounds like he could go to AEW and become the latest main event star that will be right back to midcard once they sign the next 3 WWE stars.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Dominik Dijakovic is like 15th on Raw. If he went to AEW you guys would be like DJ to AEW. Good God. Look how bad WWE is. He can come into AEW and be our 17th main event player. But he'll go to number 3 until the next WWE guy came along.

I don't get all the AEW vs WWE bickering. I mean it is 2 different product so either watch both and enjoy them which is what they both want or pick which you prefer and watch it. I mean for myself watching Raw is like watching women's basketball...very little entertainment, no excitement and the whole time I am thinking I need to be doing something else.

As a side note when I watched Smackdown this week I noticed the first 35 minutes of the show was Charlotte, Sasha and Shotzi doing a promo and then Charlotte vs Shotzi match. Sorry but that is too long to give to 1 promo/match and especially for women. You lose your crowd right off the bat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT