ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I don’t know what Glenn is babbling about. If Kevin goes to AEW he won’t be in the midcard. He’s tight with the elite and would go right with them most likely.
My point is math. That is what WWE has been dealing with for years. If Kevin Owen's comes in that pushes someone else down the ladder. Then they are in the exact same situation they were in. I think Shawn Spears or whatever his name is was a big deal when they started. Is he still alive, much less a main eventer?

Last night was the first time I really tried to watch Raw in a long time. When the Gable-Balor match was happening I text my friend.

"Haven't paid attention to Raw in awhile, forgot about Otis running with Gable."

His reply "They have been on SD up until last week."

So that tells you how much I have followed WWE outside of Reigns.

I’ve seen too many lives wasted from alcohol abuse. Glad Moxley is taking the time to get help, especially since he has a young daughter. Best of luck to him.

Reactions: Kentucky Bandit
I don't get all the AEW vs WWE bickering. I mean it is 2 different product so either watch both and enjoy them which is what they both want or pick which you prefer and watch it. I mean for myself watching Raw is like watching women's basketball...very little entertainment, no excitement and the whole time I am thinking I need to be doing something else.

As a side note when I watched Smackdown this week I noticed the first 35 minutes of the show was Charlotte, Sasha and Shotzi doing a promo and then Charlotte vs Shotzi match. Sorry but that is too long to give to 1 promo/match and especially for women. You lose your crowd right off the bat.
When both companies are firing shots at one another shouldn't we expect fans to do the same?

Dynamite For This Evening

Cody Rhodes vs. Andrade El Idolo.
AEW Championship Eliminator Tournament Semi-Final: TBA vs. Orange Cassidy.
AEW TBS Women's Championship Tournament: Anna Jay vs. Jamie Hayter.
FTR Open Challenge

Wonder who they will put in there to go against Orange?

I guess so if you are just an AEW or WWE fan but if you are a wrestling fan then enjoy all of it.
I don’t enjoy either of em. I just like to keep up here and read now and then waiting for old star cameos or waiting from someone to decide to drop the PG bullshit. PG wrestling ain’t fun. I want blood and dirty words and titties and ass.

Dynamite For This Evening

Cody Rhodes vs. Andrade El Idolo.
AEW Championship Eliminator Tournament Semi-Final: TBA vs. Orange Cassidy.
AEW TBS Women's Championship Tournament: Anna Jay vs. Jamie Hayter.
FTR Open Challenge

Wonder who they will put in there to go against Orange?
Kayfabe in me thinks OC should get a bye to the final.

My best friend and running partner is in AA, I could never say anything negative about someone making the decision to get sober. I hope Moxley gets clean for his sake and the sake of his family.

Me personally I want it to be Miro.

According to the Twitter machine it looks like the former Kalisto is part of the tag team that’s challenging FTR.

IMPACT Wrestling is set to cut five names from their roster.

PWInsider reports the names removed IMPACT’s website are No Way, Taylor Wilde, TJP, Tommy Dreamer, and Petey Williams.

We reported last week that Williams had a producer tryout with WWE and thus why he is departing the company, Tommy Dreamer was recently suspended indefinitely following comments made on an episode of VICE TV's Dark Side Of The Ring.

Read somewhere roh is 12 million in debt - they went way too long not running shows without fans
I saw that as well but I also saw 12 billion. Srs mentioned the billion tweet. A fans tweet mentioned 12 million. He may have left off a zero.

It’s been obvious for a couple months something was going on with Mox. Weight gain, his matches weren’t as crisp, hes seemed irritated and last week he pushed a fan and kicked the guardrail into another. Hope he comes out okay.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Man I’m loving the inner circle vs America’s top team. Paige Van Zant wearing that top... good googly moogly. Plus she was awesome on the mic. Wish she was in the match.

I saw that as well but I also saw 12 billion. Srs mentioned the billion tweet. A fans tweet mentioned 12 million. He may have left off a zero.

It’s been obvious for a couple months something was going on with Mox. Weight gain, his matches weren’t as crisp, hes seemed irritated and last week he pushed a fan and kicked the guardrail into another. Hope he comes out okay.
There’s no damn way it’s billions. That’s nonsense.

I noticed a photo of Mox and he looked heavy and so much worse due to the shaved head.

There’s no damn way it’s billions. That’s nonsense.

I noticed a photo of Mox and he looked heavy and so much worse due to the shaved head.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is a diversified media company and leading provider of local sports and news. The Company owns and/or operates 21 RSN brands; owns, operates and/or provides services to 185 television stations in 86 markets; is a leading local news provider in the country; owns multiple national networks; and has TV stations affiliated with all the major broadcast networks.

So it’s Sinclair who is in the hole and 12 billion wouldnt shock me.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I assure you Sinclair would never let ROH lose billions. They would have cut it off long before that. Getting to lose $12M in itself is a big deal considering Sinclair has been super tight on ROH's budget and like a handful of years ago wanted Joe Koff to get his spending more under control and refused to give more money for his pitch to get to the No. 1 wrestling company spot he was shooting for.

I can't find their numbers except current net worth and it's a claim of like $450K. They don't turn that much of a profit at all.

Yeah ROH doesn’t pay very well. That’s why most of the guys on there were still allowed to run indies. Kelly Klein was making $24,000 a year. I realize she isn’t a top start but even the biggest names in ROH history were also running New Japan and various indies

On paper, Full Gear is looking pretty solid.

Omega/Page
FTR/Lucha Bros
MJF/Darby
Danielson/Miro

those should all be fun matches. I don’t care about anything involving the IC or Elite at this point.

Pwinsider reporting Kyle O'Reilly's contract is up before the end of the year. Would he head to AEW and reform ReDragon with Fish?

There's also this:

"In advance of tomorrow's WWE earnings, long-time Senior Vice President, Creative Services Stan Stanski, who had been with the company close to 15 years, exited the company today.
Stanski's departure has been quite the shock as word has traveled around the company this evening. One person described Stanski's departure as "the ultimate proof no one is safe" and "yet another reminder this isn't the same company it was a year ago."

Things just keep getting weirder and weirder coming out of the "E." It has seemed so stable/invincible for so long that so much turnover and turmoil just feels odd. Though in the long run it may be good for the industry overall, which is great for fans. Speaking of great for fans, that Miro/Bryan matchup has me ridiculously excited. The whole card is fun so far, but those are two of my favorites right now.

Reactions: GeraldV
So did anyone else notice last night during the MJF and Darby segment when Darby started through the crowd, while they were fighting and when MJF was leaving through the crowd that there was a guy with a hoodie and black leather jacket that seemed to be following behind them making sure he was being picked up by the cameras? It looked just like X-Pac unless he has a doppelganger that attends AEW events.

Reactions: TheExhaustedOne
So did anyone else notice last night during the MJF and Darby segment when Darby started through the crowd, while they were fighting and when MJF was leaving through the crowd that there was a guy with a hoodie and black leather jacket that seemed to be following behind them making sure he was being picked up by the cameras? It looked just like X-Pac unless he has a doppelganger that attends AEW events.
I didn't catch that but will have to go back and watch now.

I didn't catch that but will have to go back and watch now.
He gets in behind Darby as he is going down the steps and follows behind him to the floor. Then he can be seen a few times in background while they are fighting and at the end when MJF is leaving he stops to yell at Darby and you can see him over MJF's right shoulder. It was like they were making sure to catch him in the camera shots.

Dynamite's ratings continue to go in the wrong direction as last night's show did 878,000 viewers and
a .32 in the 18-49. That put them sixth for the night and the lowest since July 6th.

I don't know if airing live on the west coast is hurting it but there's no way to spin it other than it's a bad number.

He gets in behind Darby as he is going down the steps and follows behind him to the floor. Then he can be seen a few times in background while they are fighting and at the end when MJF is leaving he stops to yell at Darby and you can see him over MJF's right shoulder. It was like they were making sure to catch him in the camera shots.
I saw him too. My initial thought was he was there serving as some type of security, in case a fan tried to get involved during the segment. He did seem very out of place though.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
Things just keep getting weirder and weirder coming out of the "E." It has seemed so stable/invincible for so long that so much turnover and turmoil just feels odd. Though in the long run it may be good for the industry overall, which is great for fans. Speaking of great for fans, that Miro/Bryan matchup has me ridiculously excited. The whole card is fun so far, but those are two of my favorites right now.
Some of WWE's releases were bizarre to me but at the same time, I've thought they had way too big of a roster and wasted money. Like five years ago, Big Show was still getting a million a year. Natalya gets $300K a year. You save the company quite a bit just getting rid of people who don't move the needle at all.

Ziggler and Kevin Owens get $2M a year. You telling me you can't replace one of them and not miss a beat while saving money (I say that as someone who thinks Ziggler is the most underrated and wasted talent WWE has probably ever had)?

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Dynamite's ratings continue to go in the wrong direction as last night's show did 878,000 viewers and
a .32 in the 18-49. That put them sixth for the night and the lowest since July 6th.

I don't know if airing live on the west coast is hurting it but there's no way to spin it other than it's a bad number.
Two months since Punk returned and ratings already going south?

Not saying that's reflective on just him but just saying novelty and debut pops don't account for much length of time.

Two months since Punk returned and ratings already going south?

Not saying that's reflective on just him but just saying novelty and debut pops don't account for much length of time.
The west coast airing live is going to continue to hurt their ratings until they move to tbs at the first of the year.

Lol karrion Kross was pulled from events last week and now this. Man I don’t know how in the hell they let go of Scarlett. Idiots. Taya Valkyrie is crazy too.

I’ve seen someone that’s usually pretty credible say wwe will be releasing anyone that’s still unvaxxed by Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT