ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Looks like this is the list for WWE shows in 2022, Summerslam will be held at Nissan Stadium in Nashville.

Last edited:
Does nothing for me either, nor when he was in NXT.

I didn't notice this the first time but WWE has a PPV scheduled for Labor Day weekend which of course when All Out usually is.

While The IInspiration opened the show making their Impact debut, several other former WWE stars were contacted by Impact ahead of Bound for Glory but did not make an appearance.

Fightful Select reported Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt and Bronson Reed were all in contact with Impact ahead of the event. Strowman was widely reported to have met with Impact's Scott D'Amore just a week before Bound for Glory, and many expected him to make his debut with the company—even those inside Impact.

No deal has been made between the two sides.

Reed was initially booked for the show but was pulled for undisclosed reasons.

Wyatt, meanwhile, won't make an appearance on any wrestling programming until his non-compete with WWE is up at the end of this month.

Having PPVs every month waters things down. Makes em feel not as special. Was a big fan when there was just 4 per year with the occasional In Your House or King of the Ring. But every damn month is stupid.

Jan - Royal Rumble
March/April - Mania
August - Summerslam
Nov - Surviror Series

The anticipation for the big matches was incredible.

I think I like there not being one between the Rumble and Wrestlemania
I wouldn't mind having to miss the first one on the list because the football team is playing in the Sugar Bowl.

Last edited:
A few things to note:

- JR has been posting updates the last few weeks on doctor visits and the other night he posted that he has skin cancer. It’s about the size of a quarter around his ankle area. Hope it’s easily treatable.

- Sonja Deville was reportedly mad enough at Charlotte the other night to “want to fight her.” Now there’s reports that Charlotte has people trying to push her to get out of her contract. It’s starting to look like only a matter of time before she’s gone.

- Bray had talks with Impact but a deal was never close to happening.

- And I can’t remember if this was already mentioned but Ringside News (so take it with a grain of salt) has said the AEW/Impact partnership ended when Christian lost at BFG. Deonna Purazzo and Britt Baker were said to be campaigning to Scott DMore and TK to let them work together. Sounded like they wanted to team up but if not then atleast face each other. So who knows if that happens now. I’d hate for the partnership to end if for no other reason than AEW would probably lose the Good Bros and we wouldn’t get Sour Boy on BTE anymore. That can’t happen. That’s the best bit in wrestling.

Reactions: MoonshineMafia
Seemed like Impact teased everyone from Bray Wyatt to Braun Strowman and others and we got the KISS Demon at Bound For Glory.
Also hated the finish of the main event, spend all this time building up Josh Alexander and he wins then Moose beats him in a minute.

I think it’s best Charlotte leaves - they always seem to want to throw the belt on her or put her in the main event - hopefully it would allow Liv Morgan or someone in that tier to get a chance outside of the Sasha/Becky/bayley group - also where’s asuka?

I just don't see WWE ever letting Charlotte out of her contract to go wrestle for the competition. She's theirs for however long she's signed up, whether she is performing or not.

I’d rather polish my pecker with salt water and a low grit sandpaper than I would watch Chad Gable and Fat Otis wrestle. Why the WWF keeps them, I’ll never know. That’s who I’d give walking papers to and let go work for Shad’s baby boy and his company. They suck but when you have the midgets as your main tag team and constantly shit on the revival, maybe they could find their niche.

Otis is there to appeal to their youngest target audience. One of the things that stood out to me the most when I went to Smackdown a couple of years ago, was just how much the kids in attendance were into Otis.

No doubt that goofy comedy act Otis was great for the kids. Heel Otis brings nothing to the table though.

Reactions: Wesley91581
I think it’s best Charlotte leaves - they always seem to want to throw the belt on her or put her in the main event - hopefully it would allow Liv Morgan or someone in that tier to get a chance outside of the Sasha/Becky/bayley group - also where’s asuka?
Asuka has been wearing a sling on her arm for some of her youtube stuff, so looks like injury/rest time for her.

Not the best ratings news for AEW from this past weekend.

Rampage did 533,000 and a .22 on Friday night for 9th on cable.

Dynamite did 575,000 and a .22 on Saturday night 10th on cable.

Smackdown did 2,249,000 on Friday night with a .58 in the demo

The Smackdown replay did 632,000 viewers on Saturday with a .16

So a SD replay beat Dynamite in total viewers, though AEW did win the demo.

Not the best ratings news for AEW from this past weekend.

Rampage did 533,000 and a .22 on Friday night for 9th on cable.

Dynamite did 575,000 and a .22 on Saturday night 10th on cable.

Smackdown did 2,249,000 on Friday night with a .58 in the demo

The Smackdown replay did 632,000 viewers on Saturday with a .16

So a SD replay beat Dynamite in total viewers, though AEW did win the demo.
Yikes

So the rumor was that Brock's new contract was for 8 matches over the next 18 months or so. Does that mean his "suspension" is how they will limit his matches without outcry from fans about him only wrestling PPV events?

Yea Dynamite is back on Wednesday tonight...

TNT Champion Sammy Guevara vs. Ethan Page.
CM Punk vs. Bobby Fish.
The Dark Order vs. The Elite.
TBS Championship Tournament: Serena Deeb vs. Hikaru Shida.
The AEW World Title Eliminator Tournament: Jon Moxley vs. 10 of The Dark Order.
MJF in action.

You would think so, but he seems pretty dug into being a face. A heel Cody does open up a lot of potentially interesting feuds.
I don't watch the youtube matches but just curious if they have done anything with the Gunn Club on those shows? They had them turn heel on Dynamite a month or 2 ago to never to be seen again.

I don't watch the youtube matches but just curious if they have done anything with the Gunn Club on those shows? They had them turn heel on Dynamite a month or 2 ago to never to be seen again.
I don’t watch the YouTube shows either. Just remember them turning on the Big Show and cutting some backstage promo, never to be seen again. I’d imagine they’re gathering wins on Dark, and will pop up on dynamite with some crazy record soon enough.

The only way they can save Cody as a baby face is to have him against the Young Bucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT