ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Ember Moon and Oney Lorcan gone.

In case y’all missed it. This was a big drama after Dynamite. Brodie’s wife, Amanda, sided with Jericho. It seemed like they felt SDS was name dropping Jon and didn’t like it.

Lol karrion Kross was pulled from events last week and now this. Man I don’t know how in the hell they let go of Scarlett. Idiots. Taya Valkyrie is crazy too.

I’ve seen someone that’s usually pretty credible say wwe will be releasing anyone that’s still unvaxxed by Friday.
Ya they were doing a slow push with taya and she was a big signing when they got her but guess with nxt 2.0 she didn’t fit but she should have had a shot on the main roster

Reactions: TheExhaustedOne
Dynamite's ratings continue to go in the wrong direction as last night's show did 878,000 viewers and
a .32 in the 18-49. That put them sixth for the night and the lowest since July 6th.

I don't know if airing live on the west coast is hurting it but there's no way to spin it other than it's a bad number.

so basically folks tuned in and was curious to see Punk and Danielson, didn’t care much for the product, and they’re back to their core audience

I’m betting many of this board predicted this.

so basically folks tuned in and was curious to see Punk and Danielson, didn’t care much for the product, and they’re back to their core audience

I’m betting many of this board predicted this.
Or.... they’ve lost a large portion of the west coast audience due to the show airing live there now. Hmm.... wonder which it could be.

The roller coaster we call wrestling in 2021 is still going. Please DO NOT take any of these wrestlers! AEW stop!

Reactions: Col. Angus
The roller coaster we call wrestling in 2021 is still going. Please DO NOT take any of these wrestlers! AEW stop!
Dude you have to take Keith Lee for multiple reasons. He’s the only one that’s a must have imo. I’ve seen tons of ppl say Ember Moon. She would be great but not a necessity. Scarlett and Killer Kross are the only other two I’d kick tires on. The rest, no.

I could be wrong but Scar and Kross may have cost them a shot when they picked wwe last year. That’s just a guess.

Jax surprised me. Not even Rock could save her. Must be selling lol.

Alveraz said they announced like 250m in revenue for the last quarter. 😂

Reactions: GeraldV
I give up. I wish AEW put out a product I enjoy more since a lot of the guys I like are there but I just can’t get invested.

The most fascinating thing about all the cuts is everyone HHH has had a hand in building up is essentially gone from the company - so Vince and nick are pretty much saying outside of a handful of talent the brand is what matters

Vince McMahon is puttiing smiles on stockholder's faces.
Yep, he likely has three possible buyers, Fox corp, Disney or Comcast. I think Fox or Comcast are best bets. I would think Fox they need the content more. Maybe I will buy some WWE.

If Disney buys it guessing they’d keep it pg/family friendly - other two would be less likely to do so?

WWE posted revenues of 256 million then released 18 people. As someone said just about everyone HHH brought in is pretty much gone. They have to be getting ready to sell.

Obviously some of you don't but I still find AEW very entertaining every week. The biggest thing I took away from this week's rating is they were down 20% in the 18-49, which is their bread and butter.

I hate to see anyone lose their job but two really blow my mind. Scarlett and Kross has potential to be major stars in the WWF. Of course they had to go f it up and throw a sex dungeon mask and Kroger brand demolition outfit on Kross and never have her on the main roster. F off. Hope they find success back in Impact and stick it to the wwf.

Keith Lee has talent but was never going to get over. He should’ve been booked as a badass and told to shut the hell up. He looked way too old and sounded like he was reciting Macbeth when he cut promos. Again, he was talented but just never had the “it”.

I hate that I find joy in someone losing their job but Nia Jax can GTFO. She is the most worthless and least talented slob I’ve ever witnessed in any sport. She was dangerous, had zero charisma, and seemed to be A legit bitch. Good riddance. Go back to modeling fat girl panties so some 35 year old living in their mother’s basement with a weird fetish can drum his bird to you.

NYPost is saying their source said Jax was released due to not being vaxxed. I have to think she gets her ass vaxxed now because I can’t see anyone wanting her lol.

evidently there were 4 cuts related to the vax. Seems everyone thinks it’s Nia, Kross, Scarlett and the last one is either Eva/Moon/B-fab.

NYPost is saying their source said Jax was released due to not being vaxxed. I have to think she gets her ass vaxxed now because I can’t see anyone wanting her lol.

evidently there were 4 cuts related to the vax. Seems everyone thinks it’s Nia, Kross, Scarlett and the last one is either Eva/Moon/B-fab.
Nia legitimately has hurt people in the ring for years and never got fired. But don’t get this pointless jab and she gets canned?
👌

I still think AEW is solid wrestling and the best on TV right now. Where they have failed right now is capitalizing on Punk/BD/Cole. They have three of the hottest wrestlers and haven’t really put them in much. Well I take it back for BD. Everything he’s touched so far has been gold. But Punk has no story and the appeal of just seeing him on TV is wearing off.

I still think AEW is solid wrestling and the best on TV right now. Where they have failed right now is capitalizing on Punk/BD/Cole. They have three of the hottest wrestlers and haven’t really put them in much. Well I take it back for BD. Everything he’s touched so far has been gold. But Punk has no story and the appeal of just seeing him on TV is wearing off.
I agree that seeing these random matches with young talent is getting old. It also takes away from Punk to go 20 minutes with a guy like Daniel Garcia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT