ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

His accountant disagrees.
He could have got the same or probably better at AEW.

after thinking about it I think Braun missing the show might be on purpose. I saw the firefly segment online and noticed Braun’s picture wasn’t on the wall. Bray hangs a pic of all his victims. What the exact reason for him being missing, I don’t know. But they have a couple different ways they could go. They probably keep Braun off tv until HIAC where he comes down and costs Bray the title. They backed themselves in a corner putting Wyatt against Rollins. Bray can’t lose clean under any circumstances.

There is a one hour special previewing the AEW first show tonight.

Also NXT is scheduled to run until 10:15 tomorrow night.

They are going to rerun Dynamite at 10:00 pm tomorrow night too.

He could have got the same or probably better at AEW.

after thinking about it I think Braun missing the show might be on purpose. I saw the firefly segment online and noticed Braun’s picture wasn’t on the wall. Bray hangs a pic of all his victims. What the exact reason for him being missing, I don’t know. But they have a couple different ways they could go. They probably keep Braun off tv until HIAC where he comes down and costs Bray the title. They backed themselves in a corner putting Wyatt against Rollins. Bray can’t lose clean under any circumstances.

Yup gotta be a dq no way bray does the job or the whole buildup is worthless

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Just seems like Vince only trusts a few guys with the big belts...AJ/Seth/Brock/Roman

Kofi had a nice run but doubt he gets another turn with the belt.

So I guess AEW did their highlight show tonight for the debut tomorrow and none other than uncle Dave did the opening promo - can’t make this stuff up.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
It’s Tonight at 8:00 with a replay after.

They announced the former LAX will be Jericho’s partners tonight against Omega and the Bucks.

Yes Riddle vs Cole
Street Profits vs Fish and O’Reilly
Shayna vs Candice

A little while ago WWE announced Cole and Riddle are opening the show.

So I guess AEW did their highlight show tonight for the debut tomorrow and none other than uncle Dave did the opening promo - can’t make this stuff up.
He was on screen for maybe 2 minutes. Considering he was a big reason for All In starting up, and they were telling the story, made sense he would be on...

I actually did expect AEW’s historic first show to beat out WWE’s 3rd brand.

Right now it looks like the sports entertainment company is going to put on better wrestling matches than the wrestling company tonight though.

I don’t know that anyone expects AEW to beat nxt out of the gate. 6-12 months from now is the real test.

That won't be good if they don't beat NXT tonight. A bad sign and this will be the night they will get the biggest rating of the year. A 2 year death if they can't pull a bigger rating I mean it.

Pretty on brand for the most prominent sign in the crowd on the first episode of Dynamite to be about Vince McMahon.

As expected Cole and Riddle was great

Cody and Sammy was good just no one thought he had any chance of beating Rhodes.

The AEW special did around 630,000 viewers last night.

I actually don’t think they beat NXT tonight since they basically threw a Takeover show at them.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Maybe.....Just maybe AEW should have put together a PPV worthy show for their debut.

So far NXT has had a great championship match, zero commercial breaks, and a huge announcement of Balor moving to NXT.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
But that’s the thing isn’t it? I can just watch NXT later on WWE network. Is both hours finally on USA tonight?

You can also just watch AEW on the 10 PM replay. I don’t know about anyone else but I’d rather watch the more interesting/exiting program live.

Adam Page just seems so bland it’s like he’s buddies with Cody and Bucks so he is farther up on the totem pole than he deserves...even in ROH he was midcard/tv champ material.

Does AEW have a midcard belt? Guess they don’t have enough depth to justify it yet?

Fun night.... MVP of night is my from 2019 and having split screen with both shows.

NXT was the better show tonight - but they gave you a Takeover card for free. Having Balor and Ciampa back just makes the show even better.

AEW was a fun show. They are still figuring things out but it was a solid first show. Love having Schiavone back. DC crowd was really into it - especially the main event.

JR needs to chill!

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT