ADVERTISEMENT

Celtics will come back and win this series.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
I don't think Miami has what it takes to finish them off. This is a series where Tyler Herro would have come up huge. They could have used him tonight.

I’m starting to think I’m the only Celtics fan on here lol
I'm a lifelong Celtics fan. But this team with Tatum, Smart and Williams is hard to like. The Miami system and structure is what the Celtics used to be. Yes, they have great coaching but it's far more than that. It starts with Riley and goes down to the equipment managers. They have a way they do things and you fit in or they move you out. Everyone knows their role and everyone does their job. Almost to a man Boston is better than Miami. But Miami is a far better team.

It's possible with Boston's talent they could win this series. But it's not likely. Either one is losing to Denver.

He will choke don’t worry. Jimmy Buckets got this.

This! My dude @Son_Of_Saul is losing his mind right now, clearly. No way Boston wins this series. However, I do see it going 6 games. Miami in 6.

Tatum is too much of a hero ball kind of guy to win a big series. He did it at Duke and now at the Celtics.
I hope you guys are right. I want my Herro/Bam/Murray NBA Finals where I get to cheer for both teams simultaneously.

I bet Hera get them in game 6, butler isn’t going to let them lose 3 in a row
Actually 4 in a row is what it will take.
Miami should have throat stomped them when they had them down. Now Boston has 2 of the last 3 at home including a possible Game 7 where the ghosts and leprechauns will come out.

Nope, Celtics are my team too, since I was a kid. I know the odds are very stacked against them coming back from down 3-0 but hope they are first NBA team to do it. Go Celtics!
Then you would have an epic Finals!
The team that has been to the most Finals v a 1st time team getting there!
The NBA would be salivating thus look for Boston to get a very favorable whistle from now on in the Heat series.

Last edited:
Not sure if the Celtics figured it out in the second half last night or if Miami just came back down to earth after three weeks of very high level, isolation driven, basketball.

No one has ever come back from 3-0, but if Boston snags the next one then look out.

I will say, if Celtics can get the next win and bring it to 3-2.. then the pressure will REALLY mount for Miami. I think even stone-cold killer Jimmy Butler will feel it.

I don't think Miami has what it takes to finish them off. This is a series where Tyler Herro would have come up huge. They could have used him tonight.
The Heat won the first two games in Boston...no reason to think they can't win one of the next three.

What if Miami would have split the first two in Boston, and then won games 3 and 4 at home? They would still have a 3-1 lead. Would you still feel the same way?

I'm not so sure. Boston hit 18 threes on some efficient shooting. And even though Butler finished with 30, he wasn't exactly "Playoff Jimmy" having a +/- of -20. It would take a Herculean effort to come back from 3-0 and also for the chips to fall Boston's way in virtually every category. Selfishly I do want Boston to win Game 5 just to extend the series. Miami and Boston are a great matchup!

You could argue that game 5 was the must win for the Heat, not tonight game 6.

At 3-1, I think we figured the Heat would still get it done. But once they went down 3-2, all the pressure was on Miami, a team that wasn't as good on the year, and is not as talented. You could make the argument that this series was over once Boston won game 5.

You could argue that game 5 was the must win for the Heat, not tonight game 6.

At 3-1, I think we figured the Heat would still get it done. But once they went down 3-2, all the pressure was on Miami, a team that wasn't as good on the year, and is not as talented. You could make the argument that this series was over once Boston won game 5.
I spoke in front of a room of thirty teenagers and told them Boston was winning 4 straight after game 3. Boston is just better and they needed a few games to figure out Butler. It took them a few games longer than it should have, but it's over now.

Pisses me off, too. I can't stand the thought of Tatum advancing to another finals.

If the Heat lose tonight they are done. Game over, man. like the Yankees/Red Sox back in the early 2000s.

If the Heat lose tonight they are done. Game over, man. like the Yankees/Red Sox back in the early 2000s.
They were done after game 3. I was surprised it took this long for Boston to figure out Butler, but once they took that 4th game from Miami, I knew this series was swinging back Boston's way.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT