ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Hurley, We NEED YOU

Farsight

Junior
Nov 27, 2011
I have been saying this all year. Dan Hurley is the first call, no matter what happens to UConn this post season, we need you. I know you're probably going to win back to back titles.

Imagine what he could do with this team.

I know some think he won't come here.

If Dan Hurley resurrected this program, he would have a better legacy here than Uconn.

Look, if Roy Williams can leave Kansas (blue blood) and go to UNCheat and win 3 titles... maybe he can too...

At this point, hire ABC. Anyone But Cal. Sell yourself to the devil and bring back Pitino. I don't give a shit. We can't keep doing this any longer with Calipari and sinking this program faster than the titanic.

solanaapetradingclub-satc.gif

I have been saying this all year. Dan Hurley is the first call, no matter what happens to UConn this post season, we need you. I know you're probably going to win back to back titles.

I know some idiots think he won't come here.

If Dan Hurley resurrected this program, he would have a better legacy here than Uconn.

Look, if Roy Williams can leave Kansas (blue blood) and go to UNCheat and win 3 titles... maybe he can too...
... you been drinkin'? LOL, just having a little fun on an otherwise shitty evening. I think Hurley is a good coach but I think he's got too much Yankee roots to find a way down south. Who knows? I hope we find out soon enough. All the best.

Reactions: dailydouble
Same about Roy Williams to UNC.
Cal and Pitino are Northeast guys and still came here.
Cal has set the apathy for you.
Sad.
Because Cal is incredibly motivated by money and boosting his ego and he has a great ability to blend in with all walks of life. He actually has a little bit of a blue collar background. It is just different iykyk

Of course he could, he would be a legend. I doubt he comes but by god we better offer the biggest deal ever to try. I’ll donate every extra penny I have to get a real coach in here again.

I like beard, I think if he was at Texas still then his name would be hotter than it is.

Why would drew come here??? He’s won at Baylor, brought a title there & no one cares about Baylor so no pressure……idk but a change is needed.

Reactions: UKMKG

Hurley yells at fans now. He could not take the constant pressure here. Great coach but this is not for him. IMO

Hurley might not have the temperament to coach in the pressure cooker. He literally came out and talked about his battle with anxiety and depression.

Why would Dan Hurley come here? It's not like UConn is some doormat program. His family is also based in the Northeast. I can conceive of no reason why he would come here.
Yeah, other than the fact he’s a Bengals fan. Can’t think of why he’d leave Stoors

Uk has never hired a coach who won a title before coming to UK. That’s something to consider how hungry a guy is

Uk has never hired a coach who won a title before coming to UK. That’s something to consider how hungry a guy is
That is actually true.

If we continue that trend then, Drew and Hurley are "off the list".

Who would that leave us with? Pearl/Beard? Who else would be intriguing hires?

That is actually true.

If we continue that trend then, Drew and Hurley are "off the list".

Who would that leave us with? Pearl/Beard? Who else would be intriguing hires?
Well yeah Pearl is probably the hungriest coach out there who can get it done. He runs a good system builds every year at UK he would be on steroids. Barnes is a good coach but he doesn’t seem to care about winning titles. There will be other options after their tourney shakes out.

Reactions: blubo and Farsight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT