ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Hurley, We NEED YOU

I hope Alabama football turns to shit just like your posts blaming fans
Alabama has an opportunity to turn to shit but I will still be a fan. They won't be down long.
I will never agree with the knee jerk reaction posterrs on this board about UK basketball. I think our players have more pressure than any other team due to the toxicity surrounding our program. I am not blaming fans for losses but I am blaming them for creating the toxic environment. You seem to be in rare form tonight. And especially keyed on Bama football. So I will say, Go Cats and Roll Tide. If you don't like it , it just sucks for you. Don't contact me again. You are nothing like Woodrow Call. More of a Jake Spoon guy.

Alabama has an opportunity to turn to shit but I will still be a fan. They won't be down long.
I will never agree with the knee jerk reaction posterrs on this board about UK basketball. I think our players have more pressure than any other team due to the toxicity surrounding our program. I am not blaming fans for losses but I am blaming them for creating the toxic environment. You seem to be in rare form tonight. And especially keyed on Bama football. So I will say, Go Cats and Roll Tide. If you don't like it , it just sucks for you. Don't contact me again. You are nothing like Woodrow Call. More of a Jake Spoon guy.
I blame Cal for the environment. If you think about it he’s the one that’s lead to a lot of the division. Read some of his quotes lately about fans. Not going on KSR the most popular radio program for our fans isn’t right either. His recruiting approach saying that he doesn’t care about winning for the program as much as getting kids to the NBA. If I remind you of Jake spoon, you remind me of Lorena Wood because you’re blinded with Calipari love. So much so that you ignore facts and what you see with your own eyes. A grown man getting on a board and getting mad at his own fans that didn’t coach a dang second of that ball game today. “Toxic environment caused that loss” how ridiculous is that? Every fanbase has tough fans and it comes with the territory. Youre just blinded Lorrie with that Calipari love. Lol

I had to call you something back with you said I’m like Jake spoon lmao

I have been saying this all year. Dan Hurley is the first call, no matter what happens to UConn this post season, we need you. I know you're probably going to win back to back titles.

Imagine what he could do with this team.

I know some idiots think he won't come here.

If Dan Hurley resurrected this program, he would have a better legacy here than Uconn.

Look, if Roy Williams can leave Kansas (blue blood) and go to UNCheat and win 3 titles... maybe he can too...
Dan Hurley has a better job currently.

To each his own but I just don't get why everyone thinks Hurley is the best option out there. He has a career 64% win percentage and 9 of his 14 years as a coach have ended in double digit losses. I get that he won the title last year but it was in a year where the highest seeded team they played was a 3 in the Elite 8. All other teams were a 5 or lower. The stars aligned for them to have a pretty easy path to the title. This year has been great and if they go on to win another title I may change my mind but I think this run has been as much about the random luck of the tournament last year and having key players return for this year than an indication he is the 2nd coming of John Wooden or Adolph Rupp.

Reactions: blubo
imo, it's fifty fifty on whether Hurley would come here. His pedigree says yes, but his kid is at UCONN with him and he just inked a new contract. That means we have to buy out his contract and Cal's contract. That isn't going to happen.

As far as him having thin skin and not being for UK because of all the pressure, well, have any of you ever been to the north east? Those folks up there aren't the nicest people on the face of the planet. If he can handle the pressure there he would be fine here.

Reactions: Farsight
To each his own but I just don't get why everyone thinks Hurley is the best option out there. He has a career 64% win percentage and 9 of his 14 years as a coach have ended in double digit losses. I get that he won the title last year but it was in a year where the highest seeded team they played was a 3 in the Elite 8. All other teams were a 5 or lower. The stars aligned for them to have a pretty easy path to the title. This year has been great and if they go on to win another title I may change my mind but I think this run has been as much about the random luck of the tournament last year and having key players return for this year than an indication he is the 2nd coming of John Wooden or Adolph Rupp.
I think it's fair to say that Hurley is at his prime now and catching his stride. It's the right time to go after him.

We can’t just hire anyone who wins. Not at Kentucky. This is a hard job to fill. This is why I’m worried about the possibility of Drew. The next coach has to have the personality for the gig.

Reactions: Farsight
We can’t just hire anyone who wins. Not at Kentucky. This is a hard job to fill. This is why I’m worried about the possibility of Drew. The next coach has to have the personality for the gig.
I think Drew is top 5 candidate. I feel like Drew would be a Tubby Smith that would recruit better. He had the same record as Cal does. But I think he will win his first round game. To me Drew is a wildcard, yes even though he has done a great feat with Baylor.

I blame Cal for the environment. If you think about it he’s the one that’s lead to a lot of the division. Read some of his quotes lately about fans. Not going on KSR the most popular radio program for our fans isn’t right either. His recruiting approach saying that he doesn’t care about winning for the program as much as getting kids to the NBA. If I remind you of Jake spoon, you remind me of Lorena Wood because you’re blinded with Calipari love. So much so that you ignore facts and what you see with your own eyes. A grown man getting on a board and getting mad at his own fans that didn’t coach a dang second of that ball game today. “Toxic environment caused that loss” how ridiculous is that? Every fanbase has tough fans and it comes with the territory. Youre just blinded Lorrie with that Calipari love. Lol
I am not a thin skinned fan but I do see many on this board that very much are.

Calipari is gone. I see no way for him to stay, or want to stay. The extra layer of intense pressure on his players ,that has nothing to do with them, is something he will want to guard the incoming kids from. I am aware that this message board is only (one) venue where players see and hear the inane claims about Cal.
They want to win for the school, themselves and for Cal. Reeds interview last night was spot on. He loves Cal and thinks he is the greatest coach in the world. No where else in the country do the players catch the shrapnel like they do from the great UK fans. While we have some very good fans , we also have the loudest, crudest, rudest and just down right mean asshole fans. Even as a fan, I do not enjoy the seasons like I used to because I know that I am not part of a fan base with a common goal. Many on this board wanted us to lose because it would address their biggest desire, getting rid of Cal. Hating the coach more than you care about the team is not fandom. It is hate. **** them all.
I hope Cal continues coaching, hopefully at Vanderbilt. I will pull hard for him and our current class until they play UK. Our new coach, whether it is a HAS BEEN from St. Johns, or a wife beater that leaves bite marks, will start from scratch here in Lexington. Just like Cal did. I hope he walks away this week.

I have been saying this all year. Dan Hurley is the first call, no matter what happens to UConn this post season, we need you. I know you're probably going to win back to back titles.

Imagine what he could do with this team.

I know some idiots think he won't come here.

If Dan Hurley resurrected this program, he would have a better legacy here than Uconn.

Look, if Roy Williams can leave Kansas (blue blood) and go to UNCheat and win 3 titles... maybe he can too...
You post like a 13 year old child. People aren't idiots for disagreeing with you.

You don't provide any reasons that Hurley would come here.

Think about the current state of affairs: He has the most recent national title. He has the current odds on favorite to win it again the very next season. He is at the top of the college basketball mount RIGHT NOW at UCONN. Kentucky provides him no advantage over UCONN.

You guys like to say "Yeah, but if we offered him 10 million dollars, he'd come." I hate to tell you. UCONN isn't going to let hottest coach in the country walk without matching whatever we're throwing at him.

If he wins 5 championships at Kentucky, rather than 5 at UCONN, you really think his legacy is "better?" You think if he wins 5 anywhere--he's not viewed as one of the greatest coaches ever? Regardless of where he does it?

Dan Hurley is the best coach in the country, but would not be a good fit here. Look at his antics with fans this season at UConn, the first dose of criticism he gets all hell will break loose.

Not to mention, it probably doesn't make sense for him. He's a NE guy, and UConn is arguably a better MODERN program than we are at this point.

They've won 5 titles in 24 years, going for their 6th in 25. We have 8 in the last 100+...

UConn is a blueblood, too, with a lot less pressure.

Reactions: wildcatwelder

Calipari is gone. I see no way for him to stay, or want to stay. The extra layer of intense pressure on his players ,that has nothing to do with them, is something he will want to guard the incoming kids from. I am aware that this message board is only (one) venue where players see and hear the inane claims about Cal.
They want to win for the school, themselves and for Cal. Reeds interview last night was spot on. He loves Cal and thinks he is the greatest coach in the world. No where else in the country do the players catch the shrapnel like they do from the great UK fans. While we have some very good fans , we also have the loudest, crudest, rudest and just down right mean asshole fans. Even as a fan, I do not enjoy the seasons like I used to because I know that I am not part of a fan base with a common goal. Many on this board wanted us to lose because it would address their biggest desire, getting rid of Cal. Hating the coach more than you care about the team is not fandom. It is hate. **** them all.
I hope Cal continues coaching, hopefully at Vanderbilt. I will pull hard for him and our current class until they play UK. Our new coach, whether it is a HAS BEEN from St. Johns, or a wife beater that leaves bite marks, will start from scratch here in Lexington. Just like Cal did. I hope he walks away this week.
You apparently don’t know much about sports. I’m not responding to you anymore. You sound like a Louisville troll when talking about our fans. No wonder you’re so disliked on here. Go be an Alabama basketball fan since you love the football team so much. You’re a wuss bag that has a man crush on a guy that’s destroying our program for draft night. You’re not a Kentucky fan

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
You post like a 13 year old child. People aren't idiots for disagreeing with you.

You don't provide any reasons that Hurley would come here.

Think about the current state of affairs: He has the most recent national title. He has the current odds on favorite to win it again the very next season. He is at the top of the college basketball mount RIGHT NOW at UCONN. Kentucky provides him no advantage over UCONN.

You guys like to say "Yeah, but if we offered him 10 million dollars, he'd come." I hate to tell you. UCONN isn't going to let hottest coach in the country walk without matching whatever we're throwing at him.

If he wins 5 championships at Kentucky, rather than 5 at UCONN, you really think his legacy is "better?" You think if he wins 5 anywhere--he's not viewed as one of the greatest coaches ever? Regardless of where he does it?
You could also say that people who say, "he won't come here" and that's just their opinion. Most of those responses are opinionated. They don't provide any real reasons why he won't. They just say because Uconn is a better job than UK right now. Historically, UK is still THE JOB over Uconn.

Also consider the context last night when this thread was posted. Everyone was emotional with the loss. Again, this entire forum is based off opinion. Like your post here is an opinion, not a fact.

Here is a reason for you.

Dan Hurley has had the best team in the country two years in a row. He made an offensive philosophy change, last year and made sure Hawkins had several plays to make big shots. That guy was a stud. He also developed Senago, a big man who was a beast around the rim. I think he only lost those 2 starters. Everyone came back. He doesn't care about the NBA because he said that if you're meant for the NBA it will come. Dan Hurley may not have the UK personality, but right now he is at his prime coaching. I am from Connecticut and moved to Kentucky when I was younger. Chatting with family up there, they don't want Dan Hurley to leave for anywhere else. I don't blame them. They do say that he realized that what he was doing was not working and changed. Look at them now.

So you clearly attacking my opinion on wanting Dan Hurley. So who is your pick to replace Cal and why?

no doubt Hurley is a good coach, but I don't see the wisdom of hiring a coach who is thin skinned. You think fans have a problem being called basketball bennies, just wait until the coach tells you to GFY after a loss at Rupp

Reactions: blubo
You apparently don’t know much about sports. I’m not responding to you anymore. You sound like a Louisville troll when talking about our fans. No wonder you’re so disliked on here. Go be an Alabama basketball fan since you love the football team so much. You’re a wuss bag that has a man crush on a guy that’s destroying our program for draft night. You’re not a Kentucky fan
They are your fans Jake. I will do what I choose without advice from a fake fan. You ride with the constant whiners and player bashers. I choose to support the players that come here to play and, if possible , support the coach. Like I said, we have many true , great fans but you choose to side with the assholes. I made my living coaching for several years and have no problems recognizing those people. Pull your head out of the sand Jake. This is not close to a normal UK fanbase.
I hope I am disliked by the constant whiners on this board, I would not want others to mistakenly think I am part of that group, your group. Don't contact me again.

You could also say that people who say, "he won't come here" and that's just their opinion. Most of those responses are opinionated. They don't provide any real reasons why he won't. They just say because Uconn is a better job than UK right now. Historically, UK is still THE JOB over Uconn.

Also consider the context last night when this thread was posted. Everyone was emotional with the loss. Again, this entire forum is based off opinion. Like your post here is an opinion, not a fact.

Here is a reason for you.

Dan Hurley has had the best team in the country two years in a row. He made an offensive philosophy change, last year and made sure Hawkins had several plays to make big shots. That guy was a stud. He also developed Senago, a big man who was a beast around the rim. I think he only lost those 2 starters. Everyone came back. He doesn't care about the NBA because he said that if you're meant for the NBA it will come. Dan Hurley may not have the UK personality, but right now he is at his prime coaching. I am from Connecticut and moved to Kentucky when I was younger. Chatting with family up there, they don't want Dan Hurley to leave for anywhere else. I don't blame them. They do say that he realized that what he was doing was not working and changed. Look at them now.

So you clearly attacking my opinion on wanting Dan Hurley. So who is your pick to replace Cal and why?
I'm not asking why you want Hurley. I'm asking why do you think Hurley would leave? I don't believe it. He's got the best team 2 years in a row. He has it made. You can't be better than "already the best."

It is just my opinion. But it's a lot of other people's opinion. And it's supported by a lot of smart, logical thinking. "Hurley will come here" doesn't have a lot of logic supporting it. I think it's rooted in wishful thinking.
The argument I keep seeing is "We can pay him 10 million." UCONN isn't going to lose the guy over money. He'll use our interest to get the raise he wants.

When you ask "Who is your pick?"

We can go down the fantasy wish list:

Bill Self would be #1.
Hurley is #2.
Jay Wright is #3
Brad Stevens is #4.
Billy Donovan #5.

I don't believe any of those guys wants to change situations. We can talk about it. We can offer them the job. But I Would prepare myself that those guys aren't coming. And once we get past that, there's a realistic candidate list.

I think the top 2 are Scott Drew and Bruce Pearl. Drew won a championship at Baylor. If you can win a championship at Baylor, you can win multiple at Kentucky.

Pearl has taken Auburn, a football school, to the Final . If you can take Auburn to the Final 4, you can take Kentucky to the Final 4.

Same about Roy Williams to UNC.
Cal and Pitino are Northeast guys and still came here.
Cal has set the apathy for you.
Sad.
Roy Williams is from North Carolina and played at UNC. Only school he would have left KU for.
Cal is from Pittsburgh not the northeast.

Other than that, you’re right.

No way Hurley comes to UK

I never said fans caused that loss. I even said that I know that the fans didnt cause losses. Read it again. I have never seen you lie purposely. Damn, you really are Jake Spoon. Thats a shame. I thought more of you Capn.

I never said fans caused that loss. I even said that I know that the fans didnt cause losses. Read it again. I have never seen you lie purposely. Damn, you really are Jake Spoon. Thats a shame. I thought more of you Capn.
Don’t get mad at me because you keep making an ass out of yourself.

If we are just naming anyone regardless of whether it’s possible or not, then the first call has to be to Brad Stevens. Then Billy D. Then Jay Wright.

If we are just naming anyone regardless of whether it’s possible or not, then the first call has to be to Brad Stevens. Then Billy D. Then Jay Wright.
BWO I love you bro but the thread is just not naming anyone. He's a coach who is striking the fire right now with his team. He's hitting his prime in coaching. Whether or not he will come here is the question. I think you try. Dan Hurley and Bruce Pearl are the first two calls. The guys you mentioned won't come. Billy D is a maybe out of those 3.

You were blaming the “environment on the fans” . you’re an idiot, and you keep making an ass out of yourself. It’s sad really. Go be a fan somewhere else, go to that weird Facebook group you love.

I truly cannot tell if you are a troll or not. I am confused as to the pressures that have nothing to do with the players or Cal?

Are the fans the ones putting all this pressure on them and how specifically? I don’t do twitter or Facebook posts with players so if it’s that then I suppose I will have to take your word for it.

We have had many players transfer out because of the pressures Cal puts on them I don’t remember seeing many leave outside of wheeler who would blame the fans.

Also being inserted in the starting line up and playing minutes based on your agent and not your performance puts pressure on kids as well. Then coming off the bench almost always to a deficit puts pressure on the players coming in as well.

Every single person knowing there is zero chance you come back the next season despite your draft status puts pressure on the current season for all involved because they know it is all or nothing. The nba is nothing but a pressure cooker as well, will have much more pressure there than in college.

A coach saying it’s ok to lose three home games a year because we are “built for march” puts pressure on these kids as well.

The real question is are you reasonable enough to say there are other factors other than fan pressure?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT