ADVERTISEMENT

Before dipping to the presumed second or third tier on the list, get Pitino.

He has 3 to 5 good years left in the tank and they better reach out to Pearl before Pope if we reach that desperate of a stage... Pitino is a no brainer.
No brainer huh? So you answer the question I’ve asked repeatedly in this thread, what gives you confidence based on his last five, hell, ten years of coaching that he’ll be good back at Kentucky?

That’s a dumb comparison. Pitinos banner was hung IIRC while he was still there to commemorate his coaching accomplishments in the early 90s. No one is arguing those or his banner (although one could). Issel’s jersey was retired in 1987 after a storied UK career. Don’t get the correlation between the two???
Have to respect the people in the rafters man. Rick gave his heart to the program and left for the Celtics. Can’t really blame a man for chasing his dreams. Regardless of what’s happened a living legend and one of your own wants to come home you toss him a set of keys.

No brained huh? So you answer the question I’ve asked repeatedly in this thread, what gives you confidence based on his last five, he’ll, ten years of coaching that he’ll be good back at Kentucky?
Cause he can handle the job and fans when most can't...he's the best X & O's coach in all the list, most fans in the state like him, he brings stablity for the time being. I wouldn't mind trying Billy D either BUT if thats off the table I think with what we have left to choose from he's the best coach & personalty combo and way cheapest to pay too because of his age and limited time. I know cause he's done it here at the highest level before. Hell Donavan would have more to prove than Rick...hes been out of the college game a decade.

Cause he can handle the job and fans when most can't...he's the best X & O's coach in all the list, most fans in teh state like him, he brings stablity for the time being. I woudn't mind Billy D either BUT if thats off the table I think with what we have left to choose from he's the best coach & personalty combo and cheapest to pay. I know cause he's done it here at the highest level before. Hell Donovan would have more to prove than Rick...hes been out of the college game a decade.
And Pitino hasn’t done Jack in a decade. “He’s done it before?” It’s been 30 years since he was here , it’s not the same now. He doesn’t have a Time Machine! Why didn’t “being a great x and o coach translate into more recent success or how about more high profile jobs? No one but the desperate will touch him. We are not desperate like the St Iohns of the world. We can get a good up and coming coach without having to resort back to washed up has beens. “Stability?” Itd be an absolute side show with that clown and your greatly over estimating his approval rating in the commonwealth I think.

And Pitino hasn’t done Jack in a decade. “He’s done it before?” It’s been 30 years since he was here , it’s not the same now. He doesn’t have a Time Machine! Why didn’t “being a great x and o coach translate into more recent success or how about more high profile jobs? No one but the desperate will touch him. We are not desperate like the St Iohns of the world. We can get a good up and coming coach without having to resort back to washed up has beens. “Stability?” Itd be an absolute side show with that clown and your greatly over estimating his approval rating in the commonwealth I think.
What tf are you talking about ? He won at Lousiville, yes it was vacated, BUT he still won and took them to several Final 4's fast....he almost beat UCONN recently with limited time at fricken St John's. What has Drew done in 21 years ? One title ? What has Pearl won ? Donavon won two but with the same team ..8 years after just one Final 4. He hadn't had a chance to do anything since Lousiville cause people soured on him over that situation but its not like he beat his wife or is a drunk etc. We just need him for 3 to 5 more ..Id roll with him over anyone not Hurley

What tf are you talking about ? He won at Lousiville, yes it was vacated, BUT he still won and took them to several Final 4's fast....he almost beat UCONN recently with limited time at fricken St John's. What has Drew done in 21 years ? One title ? What has Pearl won ? Donavon won two but with the same team ..8 years after just one Final 4. He hadn't had a chance to do anything since Lousiville cause people soured on him over that situation but its not like he beat his wife or is a drunk etc. We just need him for 3 to 5 more ..Id roll with him over anyone not Hurley
Louisville was 2013, 11 years ago. It doesn’t matter because it’ll NEVER happen and it shouldn’t. A lot of wasted emotional energy pining for a has been that is at his ceiling now at St John’s.

OP I asked these questions in one of the other Pitino threads and no one could/would answer them, would you mind?

What makes you so sure he’d step right in and win right away?
-Kids being recruited today only know him as the Iona/St John’s coach, is that a recruiting draw? They also heard him trash his players and throw them under the bus in an attempt to save his own ass.
-Who would he bring with him from St John’s? Not much or they’d have been better this past season. —How come he hasn’t gotten interest from ANY other schools looking for coaches recently?
To be fair, his players responded and performed well after he called them out.

Got caught using hookers and stacks to lure recruits, that eliminates him at UK. If it was just the middle finger to fans then there might've been a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT