ADVERTISEMENT

Can we just appreciate where the program is now under Stoops

There's a good chance we finish 8-4 going into a bowl. And fans will be rightly dissappointed.

I'm old enough to remember when 8-4 was a PIPE DREAM.
I’m old enough to remember not remembering the past season record because it didn’t matter. It was just bad, year after year. These are UK’s glory days of football. Nothing wrong with wanting more, it’s what keeps us coming back for more. Nothing wrong with appreciating where we are either. We’re in a good place. Enjoy it, it’s been and could be much worse.

The ones demanding his head on a pike are not football fans
Well, they are Louisville Football fans, so whether that actually qualifies as "football fans" is debatable.

As to the OP, an 8-4 record would be our 3rd best in 38 seasons, all under Stoops.

The ones demanding his head on a pike are not football fans and don’t understand that one game can make or break the season. This isn’t 31 games boys… and everyone is competitive in football

Not everyone is competitive. Stop with the hyperbole nonsense. One game also does not make or break every teams season either as only like 5 or 6 teams each year have a shot at the playoff and the ultimate prize.

I agree with people wanting Stoops gone are idiots though. He has made it where going 8 and 4 or 9 and 3 isn't considered great by some standards and that shows fans are expecting more and raising expectations for the program and that's all on Stoops for raising them.

Not everyone is competitive. Stop with the hyperbole nonsense. One game also does not make or break every teams season either as only like 5 or 6 teams each year have a shot at the playoff and the ultimate prize.

I agree with people wanting Stoops gone are idiots though. He has made it where going 8 and 4 or 9 and 3 isn't considered great by some standards and that shows fans are expecting more and raising expectations for the program and that's all on Stoops for raising them.
So by your logic, if we didn’t lose to Ole Miss we wouldn’t have had a chance at the playoffs? Because I’m pretty sure had we ran the table including GA we would be in the playoff. But one loss to ole miss basically makes that impossible even if we did beat GA. So yes, every game counts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT