ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Swanigan decommits

Stupid. Murray committing here doesn't make up for not winning the title this year. Even with Murray we aren't the clear best team. Still think UNC would be better.

You mean the team that lost 12 games last year, lost a solid contributor who played major minutes, and has one decent incoming player? Do you ever allow yourself to be positive about anything?

Stupid. Murray committing here doesn't make up for not winning the title this year. Even with Murray we aren't the clear best team. Still think UNC would be better.

If a UNC squad returning basically the same team that we smacked around by 14 (Wasn't even that close.) is the number 1 team in the nation, then you know it's a monumentally down year for Men's basketball.

This seals it, this is the most screwed up class, bunch of drama kings, wow just wow smh.

His guardian played at Purdue... plus he gets to play the position he wants! Par for the this years course!

With all these kids from 2015 class going to these crazy schools, makes believe that kentucky has a chance to make a run next year. There is nobody out there that scares me

His guardian played at Purdue... plus he gets to play the position he wants! Par for the this years course!

As if those things weren't apparent 2 weeks ago....Could not imagine this happening to us..kid waits all year, knows every damn thing possible to know and commits to MSU anyway. What a kick in the nutz

That didn't take long. I find it hilarious with these kids that want to stay close to home. They would have no problem going out east/west after one year but their one yr in college they gotta be within 15 miles of home. I guess guys like Zimmerman are holding out hope that Vegas will get a pro team, or maybe unlv pays better. I understand they get paid, but they still have to go play elsewhere in the nba.

At this point, I fully expect Murray to commit to South Louisiana Polytechic Institute.

Meh, this one wasn't really surprising. The kid's from nearby Ft Wayne, Indiana, and his guardian played at Purdue, both of which make it a logical choice. I don't ever consider it a shocking thing when a kid simply chooses to stay home, which has been the case with an awful lot of these kids that have been rejecting us (Newman, Zimmerman, Rabb, Ingram, Ellenson, Swanigan, etc.).

The only one of these misses whose choice truly seemed inexplicable to me was Brown choosing Cal, that one came out of left field. The rest all seem fairly logical given what we know about the recruit.

I wonder if the Purdue coach will get scorched all over the internet for recruiting the kid away from Michigan State after the commitment.

Purdue....really? Izzo has to be furious and rightfully so. Purdue hasn't been relevant since Joe Barry Carroll or Glenn Big Dawg Robinson. Good grief.

Purdue....really? Izzo has to be furious and rightfully so. Purdue hasn't been relevant since Joe Barry Carroll or Glenn Big Dawg Robinson. Good grief.

Not quite. They were really good in 2009 and 2010, but Hummel kept getting hurt. I think they had a real shot of beating Duke in 2010 if Hummel had played. They also had one of the best perimeter defense guys on that team in Chris Kramer.

That didn't take long. I find it hilarious with these kids that want to stay close to home. They would have no problem going out east/west after one year but their one yr in college they gotta be within 15 miles of home. I guess guys like Zimmerman are holding out hope that Vegas will get a pro team, or maybe unlv pays better. I understand they get paid, but they still have to go play elsewhere in the nba.

Most honesty don't care where they play college ball if they are going to play in the NBA anyways.

Purdue is going to have a really good front court next year.

Duke wins and gets not only the recruits they wanted but late in the game as well. Kentucky loses to Wisconsin after having a record breaking year, and our special recognition goes down the drain.

This past season seemed like our best year to win it all again, so what is occurring with the rest of the current recruits going elsewhere to non-traditional programs may not be a bad thing. As others have pointed out, by this selection of various goofy programs by recruits, it dilutes the field which is good for us.

I look at the upcoming roster and we would lose big to this past seasons team at least on paper. But, we can also have hope that no one else will really be that good and thus a wider open field of opportunity. Plus with the reduced rotation there is also the hope that each player improves a lot during the season where maybe the statement above will not be correct. We certainly still have a lot of talent at each position.

Finally, I still hold out hope that we can land one more big man somehow. It is the only true weakness that I think could make us marginal. Skal as a Freshman with no real back-up is dicey. I know I will hear Lee, but he is better suited to a forward spot then a center. But, obviously he will have to fill that role at present. Foul trouble, rests, etc. spell doom otherwise.

Meh, this one wasn't really surprising. The kid's from nearby Ft Wayne, Indiana, and his guardian played at Purdue, both of which make it a logical choice. I don't ever consider it a shocking thing when a kid simply chooses to stay home, which has been the case with an awful lot of these kids that have been rejecting us (Newman, Zimmerman, Rabb, Ingram, Ellenson, Swanigan, etc.).

The only one of these misses whose choice truly seemed inexplicable to me was Brown choosing Cal, that one came out of left field. The rest all seem fairly logical given what we know about the recruit.
Nearby Fort Wayne? Fort Wayne is as close to East lansing as West Lafayette.

Purdue is going to have a really good front court next year.

I would agree with this. They will have some massive size. Further, it would be the type of bulk that could give our big guys some match up or foul problems. Fully expect to see them in our bracket next year. Bet on it.

I look at the upcoming roster and we would lose big to this past seasons team at least on paper. But, we can also have hope that no one else will really be that good and thus a wider open field of opportunity. Plus with the reduced rotation there is also the hope that each player improves a lot during the season where maybe the statement above will not be correct. We certainly still have a lot of talent at each position.

Do people even realize that we are returning 4/5 of the blue platoon from the bahamas, and adding a starter from the other platoon, plus a top 3 class? I see a lot of people selling next year's team really short, which leads me to believe a lot of people are going to be surprised. If you remember the Bahamas trip, in most cases the second platoon looked better than the first platoon. People are asking where the scoring is going to come from, but where did it come from then, Ulis, Hawkins, Willis, Lee, Dakari/Towns? From what people are saying, Towns would have been the only real scoring option on that platoon, and honestly, for scoring purposes, Skal is and would be better, at least for most of the year.

It seems like winning and exposure doesn't seem as important as playing a certain position to some kids. Imagine how Michigan State fans feel, they invest all that time in him and then he just up and decommits, this year is certainly different as far as some of the kids mindsets are. I know of four kids who want to win and play for the best, GO BIG BLUE!

Dakich just said "Swanigan to Purdue is done", but won't say whether that means committed.

Then he and Meyer got into a nerd fight.

Who the hell knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT