ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Swanigan decommits

Swanigan de-committing from Izzo (who has developed Zach Randolph and Draymond Green, as well as numerous unheralded gritty big men) and potentially committing to Cuonzo Martin shows that while he may be academically intelligent, he's basketball stupid.

If he picks Purdue then I would guess that some sort of undisclosed family situation has arisen and they need him to stay home.

Last edited:
Lol so, a below average coach moving out west is going to get the #1 recruiting class. Wtf.. I could understand if it was UCLA but Cal?

Reactions: Brando Mac
It would be funny if Swanigan committed to Cal then Jalen Brown decommitted
Lol so, a below average coach moving out west is going to get the #1 recruiting class. Wtf.. I could understand if it was UCLA but Cal?

The funny part is Jaylen Brown may still receive the attention he sought to avoid if Cal ends up with the number 1 recruiting class.

I know one thing. Coach Martin will definitely teach them boys how to stretch.

This recruiting class is just bizarre.Turning down UK and Michigan State to go to Cal with an average coach.

Dang...all the weirdness makes one feel better anyway...Do they have enough water there for another player?

Do not want. Slow and no lift. He is like a smaller Dakari. Dakari could get away with some of it because he is 7' tall.
There is no comparison between Dakari and Swanigan. Both good players, but their games are different. And Swanigan is not slow.

Very well could be Purdue or California but expect UK to be mentioned heavily.He will probably string teams along for the next few weeks and then make his big "RE announcement " in a grand spectatcle.He spurned us once,I'd pass this time.

I think he meets and commits to california by Sunday. That's my feeling now that he is free again to choose another school

Still not buying anyone but Cal in this one..............Purdue? Please...

And Jerry Meyer putting out what-ifs like there's an upcoming recruiting battle.

Fellow UK fans, do yourself a favor and put this insane, shitty 2015 class behind you.

Anybody watch him play? I was very unimpressed the 3 games I watched him

if he commits to Martin, that's got to put a very big spotlight on that program - I mean Calipari just didn't land recruits overnight. He cultivated a process and had take some risk to get his foundation and reputation started - Martin just pulls in these 3 with little to no recruiting history?

does not compute - and I'm not saying its money, that's the easy way out - but its *something*. Personally I think most of these kids are too savvy and understand the risk to get wrapped up in a big time pay for play scheme at some school, and they're not going to make a decision based on a few $100 handshakes.

Reactions: caneintally
WE will when we add that one more player which will happen . What is funny is if we add Murray all the crap that happened from the lose to Wisky to Brown's dumbass decision will be moot as we will again be the clear cut best team .
Stupid. Murray committing here doesn't make up for not winning the title this year. Even with Murray we aren't the clear best team. Still think UNC would be better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT