ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Swanigan decommits

I was about to post this. This sums up this class of kids. Unbelievably strange. All these kids are turning down premier programs it seems like to go to other schools. Either these kids aren't confident enough or it's just an anomaly.

You can about guarantee he joins Rabb and Brown in Cali since that was the talk of the package deal early in the year. I don't understand how they have pulled this off if it does happen.

Reactions: 7ikbuk3
This is very interesting. Wonder if their is going to be any reporters writing about dirty pay money? Writers always seem to throw mud if it's Cal/UK let's see what comes of this.

Reactions: tamiandmike
Would love to see him appear to be heading to Purdue or Cal as the media says nothing, but ends up coming to UK to hear the media put out "subtle" cheating jabs out.

See people, it could be worse for us UK fans. Imagine if one of our recruits decommited now.

But they won't!

Swanigan said UK really had it together. Loved everything about UK. DE committing from MSU to maybe Purdue I don't understand. Going to Cal. with Conzo Martin makes even less sense. I still think he stays in the Midwest. I look for UK to stay on the two wings.

WOW.....crazy! Would love to get him, but I have a sneaking suspicion he ends up at Cal! If he does, Martin has NO excuses!

My Fantasy scenario: Swanigan signs with Purdue. Thomas Bryant disavows LOI with Indiana, citing repugnance with Creaning, and wins a brief, ugly legal battle, then signs with Kentucky. Entire cadre of Peegs posters march like lemmings to the Ohio River and vanish.

Good - think Swanigan is friends with Miles Bridges and I would guess MSU is going to be about our biggest competition for him next year.

Do not want. Slow and no lift. He is like a smaller Dakari. Dakari could get away with some of it because he is 7' tall.
What an incredibly terrible take. The only thing similar to Dakari is the lack of a vertical. Otherwise, they are completely different. Swanigan is very nimble for his size and is an exceptional shooter for a post player. He is more like a 2" taller Draymond Green.

Reactions: cardsfan53
Lol. Now i hope he ends up in Cal. That would make an interesting trio and it would top off a wild recruiting season.

I'm cool with adding Swanigan as long as Alex stays at the 4 spot. I think Alex could really break out and become an All-American type of player if we keep him closer to the basket. Alex's production next year is vital if we want to compete for a title no matter what other pieces we add.

Reactions: ACT ONE
Can someone explain how this works? A kid commits to play at a school. Then a few weeks later he de-commits. If he signed a letter of intent, is that allowed? Have our recruits signed letters?
I can see if there is a coaching change after a player commits that he should be let out of this, but otherwise help with the understanding of this process.

Can someone explain how this works? A kid commits to play at a school. Then a few weeks later he de-commits. If he signed a letter of intent, is that allowed? Have our recruits signed letters?
I can see if there is a coaching change after a player commits that he should be let out of this, but otherwise help with the understanding of this process.

he never signed one according to reports and yes our players are signed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT