ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Swanigan decommits

I sure hope you're right but I seriously doubt it. Although I'd be pretty shocked if a kid decommitted from MSU so that he could go to Purdue.

Ya exactly nothing has changed at purdue I could understand him committing to Purdue. With the two centers we have and he wants a guarantee to be the 4, but with that said nothing has changed that was always a known

2866814800000578-0-image-a-2_1430986907105_zpsmmdcjr1l.jpg

Just don't see Swanigan coming here. He doesn't really "fit" on a team built around Ulis.

Adding a "banger" sounds good, but I'm not sure that would be what is best for this team.

Reactions: FastBreakFred
Anyone that says we don't need one more big guy is drunk on the blue kool-aid. What happens when there is 7 or 8 minutes left in a game and Lee and Skal each have 4 fouls? What if Poytress fouls out? I mean, we need another big badly, denying that fact is nuckin futz.
Best post in months....

Anyone that says we don't need one more big guy is drunk on the blue kool-aid. What happens when there is 7 or 8 minutes left in a game and Lee and Skal each have 4 fouls? What if Poytress fouls out? I mean, we need another big badly, denying that fact is nuckin futz.
Then we play at slightly under 100% capacity due to foul trouble, like 99% of the teams in CBB history have had to do?

What do I win?

Gosh, wouldn't they love to throw some UK rumors out there, only to pick Purdue, after having no intention of even considering UK? The headlines?

Now Purdue beating UK out for recruits. Trouble brewing in Lexington. Cavs out in playoffs, Calipari considering the NBA?

UK could certainly use another big. I just don't think Swanigan will be sold on coming off the bench. Diallo certainly didn't like the idea of backing up Poythress/Skal, and I am certain (injuries notwithstanding) those two will represent our starting front line next season.

For those that say we don't need Swanigan, what happens if the NCAA decides against ruling Skal eligible? I hope to God it doesn't happen but I wouldn't put it past those bastages to try to screw over Cal and UK like they did with the Kanter deal.

Reactions: joester5612
We have Willis, but yikes. Another big body to go out there for 7-8 min and grab some rebounds and make a few dunks. The problem is more one of tying up the scholarship for a few years.

Then we play at slightly under 100% capacity due to foul trouble, like 99% of the teams in CBB history have had to do?

What do I win?
Jwo, totally agree. But what happens to that 1%? Are they responsible for 80% to 90% of the changes that happen in the game that would otherwise be decided by the capacity slightly under 100%? What's your belief in that? Are you on the end of 20% sure or more closer to 60%-70% sure?

lol...ok buddy...You have added some great quality to this discussion.
You add quality to every discussion.

It is entirely true that for a team to not totally suck it has to be two deep with burger boys at every position.

Cavs are not out of playoffs yet? If Coach Cal wanted to go to the Cavs he knew last year that Lebron James had made up his mind and was leaving Miami to go back home with the Cavs. He would had Lebron, Kevin Love, and Irving. Also, Coach Blatt has done well in his 1st year at Cavs. Most of the upper Management at Cleveland knew the big 3 at Cleveland would take some time to become NBA Championship team. Cavs won their Conference, won in 1st round sweep, and are only down 2-1 to the Bull to get to the Finals of the Eastern Conference. Cleveland management didn't think all this would happen in Year One! Also, add to all of this that Kevin Love was lost for the playoffs and season & JR Smith was out for first 2 games. Cavs have done well for 1st year with Lebron back and the Big 3 trying to become a Championship team like in Miami. Coach Blatt won't being going anywhere after year one with this amount of success so far and they are still playing vs. Bulls!

If I'm an opposing coach I'm going to attack our front line. Freshmen have a tendecy to foul a lot. (Remember Townes?) and Lee seems to find the way to the bench with some cheap fouls in very limited minutes.
After you have both those guys on the bench with 2 fouls each in the first half I guess we would be having Poy and Willis being our center and PF. Heaven forbid we have an injury to any of our front court guys like Poy last year, WCS the year before, Noel the year before that etc etc.
U guys who think all you need is just 7 guys on scholly are doing nothing rolling the dice. If we had a 4 star guy with good length and usefulness they would be very useful.

Could be the reason why Cal was going after Zimmerman, Diallo, that big who went to Illinois etc et. Apparently Cal thinks we need more bigs or he wouldn't be going after more.

It's so simple to understand a caveman could understand it.
Only way you could get by is to revamp some things and run 4 guards and a big. Of course we need another guard or 2 unless Hawkins Improves his shot. Then we just need another 6,5 guy.

If I'm an opposing coach I'm going to attack our front line. Freshmen have a tendecy to foul a lot. (Remember Townes?) and Lee seems to find the way to the bench with some cheap fouls in very limited minutes.
After you have both those guys on the bench with 2 fouls each in the first half I guess we would be having Poy and Willis being our center and PF. Heaven forbid we have an injury to any of our front court guys like Poy last year, WCS the year before, Noel the year before that etc etc.
U guys who think all you need is just 7 guys on scholly are doing nothing rolling the dice. If we had a 4 star guy with good length and usefulness they would be very useful.

Could be the reason why Cal was going after Zimmerman, Diallo, that big who went to Illinois etc et. Apparently Cal thinks we need more bigs or he wouldn't be going after more.

It's so simple to understand a caveman could understand it.
Only way you could get by is to revamp some things and run 4 guards and a big. Of course we need another guard or 2 unless Hawkins Improves his shot. Then we just need another 6,5 guy.
Please show me one person on this forum who *would not like* another big guy if possible?

That's a straw man.

We're just saying that every year there are a number of strong teams that are no deeper or more talented than what we have now. That's a caveman-level concept, too.

Please show me one person on this forum who *would not like* another big guy if possible?

That's a straw man.

We're just saying that every year there are a number of strong teams that are no deeper or more talented than what we have now. That's a caveman-level concept, too.

That's a straw man.

You are not the brightest light-bulb are ya

if our bigs alone have 13 fouls in 32 minutes, we don't just need depth. we'd also need to pay off the refs and get them on our side.

Cavs are not out of playoffs yet? If Coach Cal wanted to go to the Cavs he knew last year that Lebron James had made up his mind and was leaving Miami to go back home with the Cavs. He would had Lebron, Kevin Love, and Irving. Also, Coach Blatt has done well in his 1st year at Cavs. Most of the upper Management at Cleveland knew the big 3 at Cleveland would take some time to become NBA Championship team. Cavs won their Conference, won in 1st round sweep, and are only down 2-1 to the Bull to get to the Finals of the Eastern Conference. Cleveland management didn't think all this would happen in Year One! Also, add to all of this that Kevin Love was lost for the playoffs and season & JR Smith was out for first 2 games. Cavs have done well for 1st year with Lebron back and the Big 3 trying to become a Championship team like in Miami. Coach Blatt won't being going anywhere after year one with this amount of success so far and they are still playing vs. Bulls!

If Lebron wants Blatt gone this offseason... Blatt will be gone. That is really all it boils down to.

We have Willis, but yikes. Another big body to go out there for 7-8 min and grab some rebounds and make a few dunks. The problem is more one of tying up the scholarship for a few years.

Which is one of the reasons I hope Wynyard comes over at midseason this year. Another big body with 5 fouls would be nice, and it would be a good learning experience for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT