ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Swanigan decommits

Wierdest recruiting class I've ever seen.

Just hope this doesn't start becoming the norm where kids want to play about a block from their homes. Kentucky isn't the hotbed state for top talent high school basketball these days and if top talent wants to stay close to home it could be bad news for us despite all we have to offer to recruits. Hope it's just one wacky class and not a trend.

Dakich meant that Swanigan isn't going to Purdue. "Swanigan to Purdue is done" aka the talks are finished and it's not happening

I have a friend on the Alumni Board at Cal and they expect Swanigan to commit. First time I have ever had any info that could possibly be from an "insider"?

If he ends up at Cal, we need a Cal-LSU made for TV matchup to be televised on Comedy Central.

Nothing like watching a bunch of 5 star, one and dones being led by the coaching equivalents of Michael Porter.

Reactions: JustinSphere
I would agree with this. They will have some massive size. Further, it would be the type of bulk that could give our big guys some match up or foul problems. Fully expect to see them in our bracket next year. Bet on it.
More than almost anything, I Loathe Purdue. That said, they have some pieces. Hammons coming back for his senior year is huge, the Haas kid will improve for certain. If their perimeter scoring improves a bit, and a bigger if, IF they can find a solid 5th year point guard transfer, they are going to be very tough to deal with.

My thing is that it is not always so much as the player not wanting to leave home, but could be that the player wants to ensure his family has the chance to see him play in person. As we all know, some of these players come from disadvantaged backgrounds and cannot afford to travel to see their son play. UK is going to be a damn good team this season with the ability to make run with Briscoe and Labissiere leading the way with the new recruiting class, so I say bring on all comers.

I would agree with this. They will have some massive size. Further, it would be the type of bulk that could give our big guys some match up or foul problems. Fully expect to see them in our bracket next year. Bet on it.

UK would get their front court into foul trouble and be an even tougher match up problem. UK is too athletic and good.

Most honesty don't care where they play college ball if they are going to play in the NBA anyways.

I would be surprised if Caleb ever plays in the NBA. He is a shorter version of Dakari Johnson. He might be a good college player but the NBA is not exactly drooling over 6'9 nonathletic centers.

I would be surprised if Caleb ever plays in the NBA. He is a shorter version of Dakari Johnson. He might be a good college player but the NBA is not exactly drooling over 6'9 nonathletic centers.

UK DUNK I'm not even sure Swaigan is even close to 6'9". Power forward at best and I believe that is if he grows a little. He has good skills.

Last edited:
Did you get your Dakich secret decoder ring from Ovaltine?

lol.

Dakich trolls for hits with statements that can be read in multiple ways, and yes, a decoder ring is needed. Jerry Meyer bit hard this time by making a hard conclusion based on a Dakich mystery message!

Too bad he wasn't committed to Wisconsin the left, would love to have heard Bo Ryan crying his eyes out and complaining.

Doesn't California have 13 players on scholarships? Of course, UL, IU, etc. have shown how to get rid of a player when at or over the limit. If he wants to play PF than Purdue offers him that chance.

My guess is his commitment is conditional to Purdue's rehiring of gene Keady. Once they hire him, he'll decommit and recommit to St. Bonaventure with the understanding that he will decommit 3 days later and play overseas, only to find that he likes Europe so much that he'll stay there and forgo the NBA altogether and by the 1st of June he will have committed to vows of poverty and silence at a Buddhist monastery. It'd pretty much be business as usual for these past few weeks.

UK DUNK I'm not even sure Swaigan is even close to 6'9". Power forward at best and I believe that is if he grows a little. He has good skills.

You're probably right about him being under 6'9. I watched a few of his mixtapes playing against much smaller players. He looked slow and hooked his defender on 90% of his post moves. He knocked down a few jumpers, but I am not overly impressed. I think Izzo would have developed his game much better over four years. At Purdue, who knows.

Maybe Swanigan and several in the class are insular, minimalist hipsters living in the loft of an Uber economy. Will Cal and UK adjust to the app-American baller?

SHIT-South-Harmon-Institute-of-Technology-Accepted.png

Here

No actually he's not at purdue yet... Nothing has been confirmed other than dakich he hasn't even been to Purdue yet. Supposed to be this weekend we will see. This info comes from a source from a school we both dislike so I doubt that's hard to guess.

Anyhow guess you guys feel confident he's coming to Purdue thanks. I just wouldn't like the odds of going up against you guys head to head that's for sure lol

ADVERTISEMENT