ADVERTISEMENT

Calapari feeling the heat?

This is only the beginning. The cult won’t be able to continue to spin for him, the majority of the base understands we Can’t keep him if he doesn’t win. It’s that f’n simple. These write ups are about to be everywhere.

If Calipari doesn’t have a good year, and doesn’t win a title in the two, a settlement on the buyout is coming and he’ll announce retirement.

If so What a bum move he pulled signing that contract and then quitting on this university. That man has absolutely not put his heart and soul into this program since and he knows it. Karma’s a bitch, that’s a lot of bad energy and fraudulent behavior. It’s a shame he didn’t care more about his own legacy too, he had it all and threw it in the garbage over a payday.

Turn it around Calipari. The calls for your seat are going to grow so loud man, and your personality of “piss them off more” will be your final undoing if you pull that during a real hot seat moment. Win the damn games, recruit offensive minded players, change and adapt, or it’s over for you.
Lol u been saying that for 3 years. One of these days he may leave ,then you will be right

Reactions: kl40504
I guess that’s possible. Only time will tell. I think he is getting tired of the criticism, stress, etc.
Cal is not tired of the criticism because he never reads this board. If he did read it he is smart enough to realize the negativity is only coming from a few idiots and not the majority of the fan base. You don't be a head coach at a big time program like Kentucky and not expect to get criticized. No one can please everyone and he even had critics when he won the title in 2012. I can't wait until he is here 5 more years and reading this board. Always fun to watch the meltdown.

Cal is not tired of the criticism because he never reads this board. If he did read it he is smart enough to realize the negativity is only coming from a few idiots and not the majority of the fan base. You don't be a head coach at a big time program like Kentucky and not expect to get criticized. No one can please everyone and he even had critics when he won the title in 2012. I can't wait until he is here 5 more years and reading this board. Always fun to watch the meltdown.
Thanks Ellen. Always good to hear from you.

Be careful what you wish for, because you may just get it. Cal isn’t perfect, and he has his faults. Everyone knows he’s the greatest recruiter we’ve ever had or will ever have. I think all of us are confused about his lineups and in game coaching. He’s tinkering with this team trying to find the perfect lineup and subs. Maybe he’s tinkering too much and doesn’t see what all the coaches on the board see. I agree that Reeves needs to get more minutes, maybe start. Toppin is really disappointing to me so far this year. If Ugo gets more minutes I believe he’ll be starting by year end, but he’s going to have a lot of growing pains. Wheeler is a great point guard, but I cringe every time he dribbles the ball straight to the goal. Wallace is absolutely a goat, and definitely 1 of our starters. Oscar is a no brainer to start every game. Livingston should be starting over Collins, and Ware. I love Ware but he needs to get way less minutes. Why isn‘t Ugo or Collins in the lineup for the jump balls at the beginning of the game? Why is Cal using Ware all the time? Cal’s trying too hard to find that perfect starting lineup. My staring lineup would be Wallace, CJ, Reeves, Oscar and either Livingston or Ugo. Use that lineup all year and sub in as needed. Play that team consistently and they’re going to click in a month. Will Ugo make mistakes? Yes. His upside down the road is limitless. Will we lose a game or two while they‘re learning? Maybe. Is it worth a try? I think so.

He’s made promises for playing time and positions….only way to explain his rotations and substitution patterns. He’s the one who’s hijacked the program. All in the name of players first.

Man look he has to do better. Half these losses shouldn't have happened. We are almost the favorite every time we play. We are more then 5 point favorites in the NCAA tournament games we lose in. Look it up. While we should hope Cal gets it done and I hope he does, I'm pulling for him. We also have to remember this is a top school. The last few years should have been better. This year already we shouldn't have lost to Mich St so here we go again. If your a true fan you see this. He does have pressure and people with power are watching close.

Man look he has to do better. Half these losses shouldn't have happened. We are almost the favorite every time we play. We are more then 5 point favorites in the NCAA tournament games we lose in. Look it up. While we should hope Cal gets it done and I hope he does, I'm pulling for him. We also have to remember this is a top school. The last few years should have been better. This year already we shouldn't have lost to Mich St so here we go again. If your a true fan you see this. He does have pressure and people with power are watching close.
Villanova and Louisville top notch schools?

He’s not leaving. Coaches are different breed. All great coaches have their run. We are stacked. He’s not Tubby. He’s not Eddie ready ready. He would drive drunk all the time. I know a bunch of times they dove him home.
Something to bitch about

Reactions: kl40504
First Michigan State is not a bad loss. We lost Oscar, if we play them again it will be opposite from North Carolina in 2017.

Go Cats!

No ul and Nova not top schools. What are you talking about?
They were at one time and look at them now. Wonder why? Maybe because they no longer have great coaches while UK still has a Hall of Fame coach. Eat your heart out.

They were at one time and look at them now. Wonder why? Maybe because they no longer have great coaches while UK still has a Hall of Fame coach. Eat your heart out.
I have never in my lifetime thought of ul or Nova as a big time program or top 10 programs of all time. Not once did they seem to matter. Name me 5 great years each program had? I knew once Danny left louisville they wouldn't ever be the same. Nova they don't match blue blood at all. They more like Uconn

even if they were big. What would it matter? This is Kentucky. Live up to standards.

I have never in my lifetime thought of ul or Nova as a big time program or top 10 programs of all time. Not once did they seem to matter. Name me 5 great years each program had? I knew once Danny left louisville they wouldn't ever be the same. Nova they don't match blue blood at all. They more like Uconn

even if they were big. What would it matter? This is Kentucky. Live up to standards.
Right!

A sweet 16 a deep run LMAO.

We have spent a decade making fun of Indiana for valuing a sweet 16.

The lengths some will go to defend Calipari, as far as wanting Kentucky to accept losing, is unreal.

Cult.
Who said sweet 16 was a deep run?

He is done after next year regardless. I'd be shocked otherwise. He has a team that could win it this year and next likely.

He will turn 65 in middle of '24 season.

His contract clause kicks in at end of '24 season.

He would end with what in his mind is an ideal class.

All reasons that point to his retirement regardless of outcome. I've been saying this for 2 years at least.
And gets to coach DJ. I also feel like the end of this is coming

I see no way Calipari coaches past 2024 with his contract situation and that class. We’ll know more over the next 9 months with the way he’s recruiting.

He has not won enough to have say on who the next coach is. I want him nowhere near that table. Unless he stacks some titles late we need to move on and change our brand. His model is not sustainable.

I see no way Calipari coaches past 2024 with his contract situation and that class. We’ll know more over the next 9 months with the way he’s recruiting.

He has not won enough to have say on who the next coach is. I want him nowhere near that table. Unless he stacks some titles late we need to move on and change our brand. His model is not sustainable.
Cal will be here past 2024 and I love it.

No you can’t support UK AND support a coach who doesn’t perform to the level needed to support the program.

It’s the dumbest argument you and your alts make.
Look in the mirror if you want to see dumb. You are a troll and not a UK fan.

Both you get it wrong. Should cheer the program first. No matter how you feel about the coach. Cheer on UK, who cares who's right or wrong. We should all look like fools if we win tonight and that's what matters GAMES.

Just want what's best for Kentucky basketball.

And you are a Cal hater and therefore you are not a UK fan. You want UK to lose so Cal looks bad. Some UK fan you are.

You cannot support a program’s position to operate to potential while also constantly offering support to a leader who is not operating to the programs potential.

Cult.

And the way you tried to destroy Rupp’s accomplishments and reputation wow.

Cult.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
You cannot support a program’s position to operate to potential while also constantly offering support to a leader who is not operating to the programs potential.

Cult.

And the way you tried to destroy Rupp’s accomplishments and reputation wow.

Cult.
Rupp was great but he is long gone and has nothing to do with UK today. If Rupp was coaching today he would have no more success than Cal. Rupp coached when UK was the only good program in the SEC so he had much less competition than what Cal has today. Even you should be able to see that.

" A few idiots" where do you live man, I live in Kentucky, and most of the fans I talk to are SICK of him. Just look at Rupp, 10 years ago it was almost impossible to get a ticket to see us play almost anybody, now we have about 3 hard sellouts a year, why do you think that is. Cal hasn't won an NCAA game in 3 years, we didn't make the tourney at all, twice during his tenure. That should NEVER HAPPEN AT UK.Conference teams like UT and Auburn have owned us. The last 5 years he has a losing record against power 5 non conference opponents. We have lost to teams like Evansville at home, lost to Notre Dame twice in a row. These things a real. We lost 4 of last 5 games in Champions classic and you say people are idiots for saying they are sick of this. We literally ran Tubby Smith out of town on a rail and he had more success his last 5 years than Cal did. Kentucky is about winning, at least it used to be and Cal is not doing.it. I don't give damn, and legions of fans agree with me, who he recruits if he can't win with them.

Rupp was great but he is long gone and has nothing to do with UK today. If Rupp was coaching today he would have no more success than Cal. Rupp coached when UK was the only good program in the SEC so he had much less competition than what Cal has today. Even you should be able to see that.

Putting Rupp down to prop up the loser Calipari has turned into.

Cult.

Too bad Rupp played against all black teams in NYC, and other college powerhouses like CCNY and beat them all. And has nothing to do with UK? Son, we play in an arena named after him.

https://www.on3.com/college/kentuck...ure-kentucky-dan-wolken-gary-parrish-memphis/

USA Today writer Dan Wolken, who covered Calipari while he was the coach at Memphis, made quite a prediction about how much longer Calipari might have at Kentucky. The Wildcats, of course, were knocked out of the NCAA Tournament in the first round by No. 15 seed Saint Peter’s, but have started fast this season as they try to avenge that loss.

Still, Wolken said March Madness success will be a big factor in determining Calipari’s future.
I hope so. It has been cold this week.

ADVERTISEMENT