ADVERTISEMENT

Calapari feeling the heat?

" A few idiots" where do you live man, I live in Kentucky, and most of the fans I talk to are SICK of him. Just look at Rupp, 10 years ago it was almost impossible to get a ticket to see us play almost anybody, now we have about 3 hard sellouts a year, why do you think that is. Cal hasn't won an NCAA game in 3 years, we didn't make the tourney at all, twice during his tenure. That should NEVER HAPPEN AT UK.Conference teams like UT and Auburn have owned us. The last 5 years he has a losing record against power 5 non conference opponents. We have lost to teams like Evansville at home, lost to Notre Dame twice in a row. These things a real. We lost 4 of last 5 games in Champions classic and you say people are idiots for saying they are sick of this. We literally ran Tubby Smith out of town on a rail and he had more success his last 5 years than Cal did. Kentucky is about winning, at least it used to be and Cal is not doing.it. I don't give damn, and legions of fans agree with me, who he recruits if he can't win with them.
Amen.

Wonder if people would think differently if they looked at basketball as a college class with the tournament being the final exam
Sweet 16 would only be 50%…last time I checked that’s a failing grade
Cal mailed it in several years ago. His teams do not get better throughout the season. He does very little coaching and hopes his high level recruiting will end up with a decent W-L record year in and year out.

cooker-cal.png

Reactions: Gromcat
Cal mailed it in several years ago. His teams do not get better throughout the season. He does very little coaching and hopes his high level recruiting will end up with a decent W-L record year in and year out.

That’s exactly what he’s done.

1. Get decent recruits, even if raw and unskilled. Take what you can get at the top.(it’s why there’s never a cohesiveness to his rosters. It’s just slapped together with what he could get in the top 25.

2. Throw them out there and try and get them a draft pick.

3. Try and win enough games with them to stay respectable

4. Pray like hell for an outside shot at a title, but don’t expect it, and make sure fans don’t either. Lower expectations.

5. Put very little in to the job but pretend you are by bringing in top recruits through your “NBA player factory”.

6. Hang around long enough to burn UK for around 100 million.

This is all that guy has done it’s clear as day if people just open their eyes. He doesn’t spend much time on his job that’s why his teams look like sht most years but have the talent to be respectable. It’s why you don’t see advanced coaching decisions, his players aren’t prepared to even do it if he tried.

Tweeting, pool parties, foriegn trips, philanthropy to cover himself. Calipari is just buying time and it’s a shame this program has allowed him to continue at this pace.

Fox - “Cal doesn’t give a shit about winning basketball games”.

It appears many skipped over this. What an incredible statement by a former D1 college player about his former coach.

He loves Cal, no matter how much UK loses.

He's either Brad or one of Cal's daughters.

This person, and the rest of them (assuming it's not just the one), are trolling you all so bad. How much more obvious could it be!?

1. Get decent recruits, even if raw and unskilled. Take what you can get at the top.(it’s why there’s never a cohesiveness to his rosters. It’s just slapped together with what he could get in the top 25.

4. Pray like hell for an outside shot at a title, but don’t expect it, and make sure fans don’t either. Lower expectations.

5. Put very little in to the job but pretend you are by bringing in top recruits through your “NBA player factory”.

This is all that guy has done it’s clear as day if people just open their eyes. He doesn’t spend much time on his job that’s why his teams look like sht most years but have the talent to be respectable. It’s why you don’t see advanced coaching decisions, his players aren’t prepared to even do it if he tried.

Tweeting, pool parties, foriegn trips, philanthropy to cover himself. Calipari is just buying time and it’s a shame this program has allowed him to continue at this pace.

It appears many skipped over this. What an incredible statement by a former D1 college player about his former coach.
Doesn't care about winning basketball games but ranked as one of the winningest coaches in college basketball while at UK. He is doing pretty good not to care. What a dumb statement. Of course you took the Fox comment out of character without guoting the entire statement.

Says the jilted Mempiss fan. Let’s hear your agist retort or maybe you could wish I’d die again. Basically you are full of crap and dump it on the cats every chance you get. Starting baiting threads just to whip up more crap to dump on the Cats. Do you get kick back from the U6 boys so they can pile on?

Last edited:
https://www.on3.com/college/kentuck...ure-kentucky-dan-wolken-gary-parrish-memphis/

USA Today writer Dan Wolken, who covered Calipari while he was the coach at Memphis, made quite a prediction about how much longer Calipari might have at Kentucky. The Wildcats, of course, were knocked out of the NCAA Tournament in the first round by No. 15 seed Saint Peter’s, but have started fast this season as they try to avenge that loss.

Still, Wolken said March Madness success will be a big factor in determining Calipari’s future.
He needs to accomplish something this year. Way too much has been made of the loss to SP who btw made a run to the E8. But following the worst season since 1927 it was not a good look. I want both SEC titles, and at least a F4 run.

https://www.on3.com/college/kentuck...ure-kentucky-dan-wolken-gary-parrish-memphis/

USA Today writer Dan Wolken, who covered Calipari while he was the coach at Memphis, made quite a prediction about how much longer Calipari might have at Kentucky. The Wildcats, of course, were knocked out of the NCAA Tournament in the first round by No. 15 seed Saint Peter’s, but have started fast this season as they try to avenge that loss.

Still, Wolken said March Madness success will be a big factor in determining Calipari’s future.
When you have a lifetime contract....there is no heat!!!

Yes . We beat UCLA in 2017 .Thats our only win against a Power5 team .
But Houston who is 3rd in the country doesn't count right?
Yes we were horrible in 21
Awful the last 2 weeks of 22
Other than that your point means nothing. We missed the final 4 twice by 1 point.

Be careful what you wish for, because you may just get it. Cal isn’t perfect, and he has his faults. Everyone knows he’s the greatest recruiter we’ve ever had or will ever have. I think all of us are confused about his lineups and in game coaching. He’s tinkering with this team trying to find the perfect lineup and subs. Maybe he’s tinkering too much and doesn’t see what all the coaches on the board see. I agree that Reeves needs to get more minutes, maybe start. Toppin is really disappointing to me so far this year. If Ugo gets more minutes I believe he’ll be starting by year end, but he’s going to have a lot of growing pains. Wheeler is a great point guard, but I cringe every time he dribbles the ball straight to the goal. Wallace is absolutely a goat, and definitely 1 of our starters. Oscar is a no brainer to start every game. Livingston should be starting over Collins, and Ware. I love Ware but he needs to get way less minutes. Why isn‘t Ugo or Collins in the lineup for the jump balls at the beginning of the game? Why is Cal using Ware all the time? Cal’s trying too hard to find that perfect starting lineup. My staring lineup would be Wallace, CJ, Reeves, Oscar and either Livingston or Ugo. Use that lineup all year and sub in as needed. Play that team consistently and they’re going to click in a month. Will Ugo make mistakes? Yes. His upside down the road is limitless. Will we lose a game or two while they‘re learning? Maybe. Is it worth a try? I think so.
Toppin was one of the few bright spots tonight.

Herein lies the rub:
Cal is bringing in not only the top recruiting class in the Country next season but also one of the greatest ever.
You dont run off a coach that is still doing that.
Plus, this team is loaded, and is more than capable of winning it all this season.
Factor in his buy out and Cal is not going anywhere and shouldnt.
If anyone thinking that bringing the best class of freshman still matters... hasn't been paying attention.
It doesn't matter anymore, unless that is all that matters to you. It doesn't translate to anything meaningful.
No one is saying Cal can't hire recruiters. But getting the #1 class is a losing proposition > 95% of the time... even if he could coach.

No I'm not happy but to act as if we weren't really good a few seasons isn't true
“Really good a few seasons” isn’t exactly “Gold Standard “ basketball. I don’t think that you really believe that a losing record to ranked teams, no final fours, one 9-16 season, and the worst NCAA tournament loss in school history over the last 7 years is acceptable. I agree wins over Houston (3 seed) and UCLA(3 seed) were quality wins . Next to those our best win was over 7th seeded Wofford during that time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT