ADVERTISEMENT

Cal to Michigan heating up...

Does anyone still move to Michigan on purpose. I was thinking of vacationing there this summer to see the lakes. Thought if it got really hot this summer I'd go north for once. Hopefully Cal can point out some stuff to do up the besides a dispensary trip.

Reactions: d2atTech
It could honestly be mutually beneficial. He’s clearly been worn out by the demands of our job and might be refreshed a bit by restarting somewhere else. We also clearly need a new voice and new ideas at the helm of a program that’s grown stagnant. All that being said, I won’t believe it until I see it.

Does anyone still move to Michigan on purpose. I was thinking of vacationing there this summer to see the lakes. Thought if it got really hot this summer I'd go north for once. Hopefully Cal can point out some stuff to do up the besides a dispensary trip.
Yes. But I live about 9 hours northwest of Ann Arbor. To me Ann Arbor is northern Ohio.

I was actually just telling my wife I'd love to live in Michigan. Upper Peninsula is gorgeous. Find a nice house somewhere away from tons of people and just chill by the lake.

It could honestly be mutually beneficial. He’s clearly been worn out by the demands of our job and might be refreshed a bit by restarting somewhere else. We also clearly need a new voice and new ideas at the helm of a program that’s grown stagnant. All that being said, I won’t believe it until I see it.
I think it could very well be a Andy Reid to KC situation for him. Not saying he's gonna go win a bunch of titles there, but he clearly needs fresh start somewhere.

I hope he goes. But if he does, just be prepared for him to take the entire recruiting class with him.

Next year won't be pretty. But I'm OK with that.
Would that class be similar to the current one that went 0-2 in March?

This worrying about future recruiting is just stupid. Cal’s recruits are losing to other team’s lesser recruits. Any coach with a pulse will be fine in place of Cal.

Last edited:
On twitter. Thoughts?
You lost me with the words “on twitter.”

I’m guessin this is just the usual baseless wishful-thinking twitter rumor-mongering. Can’t see why Michigan would even be interested in him at this point. Especially if they’d have to pay him an amount comparable to what he’s making on his current excessively-bloated UK contract.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT