ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Director from Fox Little Rock says Cal to Arkansas?

If this is true Arkansas will have my eternal gratitude.

Also, I don't think it's going to be as easy to get players to follow him from UK to Arky
as it was from Memphis to UK.
His freshmen class outside of Perry will go 100%. They only care about getting to the league while using Cal. UK doesn't mean anything to them. It's just a stepping stone.

I think he'll take everyone but Perry with him, and any that he doesn't will reopen and unlikely to choose UK again.
I guess it depends on how persuasive our new coach can be but if we only keep Perry or not even him, I'll still make the deal.

Reactions: Lempface
Goodman just reported that it’s a done deal. Cal has agreed and will sign a contract with Arkansas tonight

I would assume “Tyson” refers to the brand Tyson and their big money backing Arkansas and Tuesday perhaps implies an announcement date, but maybe Rowland could expand a little more on it.
All I can say is that the Tyson family bores with a big auger, for sure. I was on a cruise in 1994, and saw Don Tyson's yacht in port in Saint-Martin. It was the first yacht I'd ever seen with a helicopter pad ! In 1994 ! Don, now deceased, was the father of John H. Tyson, the present Chairman of the Board of family-owned Tyson Foods. John H.'s net worth is $2.8 billion. The widow of his late brother is also on the Tyson Board and is also worth over $2 billion. Hell, they may be givin' CCC a raise !

If all this is true and Mitch really hasn’t been notified then hopefully this will motivate him to make a great hire
And sue Calipari for breach of contract. According to the terms in said document, Calipari would be required to notify UK?Barnhart of any negotiations with other schools.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I will say this again. I do not think Oats will come here because NIL is not even close to Alabama. Kentucky has not got the Rich donors of Alabama Or Arkansas. If Cal goes it will because he knows to win you have to recruit and have the Money in NIL to win portal battles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT