ADVERTISEMENT

Cal to Michigan heating up...

Just like clockwork.
These "rumor" tweets come from someone in Cal's camp after every devastating and ridiculously bad loss by Cal.

He is trying to rally his supporters to come to his rescue OR scare Mitch into giving Brad a job on staff.

Cal is going nowhere because he has nowhere to go. UK and JVC are the laughing stock of the CBB world right now.

He is tearing down the thing he hates the most. BBN fans.

And, he's getting paid $9M to do it. Why would he leave??

So, if Calipari is hired at Michigan for a little more than what Howard was paid, 3.61 million, Calipari signs a 5 year contract for 20 million then Kentucky owes him what? 13 million? 2.6 million a season for 5 seasons on top of paying a new coach 4-5-6-7 million?

Make a play for Hurley now, Mitch!
That would only be a bandaid over a decapitation ....... Mitch is the ultimate problem. He's football first and not willing to lure in new boosters and new support or crawl back to the boosters of the past who he pushed out 20 years ago. UConn is where they are these 2 years is because Hurley is a good coach yes...... but they have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ....... they have power backers pulling strings . Their AD is all about basketball because well the dont have anything in football so its a given there but still it takes commitment.

Hurley will never come to UK unless Mitch gives up on football and pledges undying support to making UK basketball up there with where Uconn is at this moment. Do you think Mitch Barnhart will do what is needed? No, he wont.

I hope he goes. But if he does, just be prepared for him to take the entire recruiting class with him.

Next year won't be pretty. But I'm OK with that.
The high school recruiting class that will leave after one underwhelming season? If that’s what it takes for Calipari to leave UK, as a fan I’m willing to make that sacrifice.

Last edited:
You are coming off as desperate for Cal to be retained! What gives man? Eventually, one of these “rumors” will come true, are you going to be okay with that?
What the hell are you talking about? I said fifty times yesterday and today that a change needs to be made.

Go back to your mom’s basement nerd

Well, central Indy certainly ain't Michigan kinda cold. I'm a little SW of Indy. To me, anything north of southern Michigan isn't Midwest. Same for upper Minn and Sconsin.
What would you call that region? Just curious. I live in the western UP. I consider that upper Midwest, or upper Great Lakes.

No the crazy thing is, he won’t! Cal is cooked, he needs to retire before he further embarrasses his legacy ✅
Not unless he makes changes that many here suggested he needs to do. But he cant make them here, too much pride at stake, but he may be able to go up there and change things and then act like it was his idea.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I don’t really buy it, but Cal in the B10 at a school that is all about football would be funny. His ego would love it.
Hell..he even tried that “basketball school” shit here and Mitch wasn’t having it.

He’s going to hate most other schools unless he goes to the NE. Or Creighton.

I hope he goes. But if he does, just be prepared for him to take the entire recruiting class with him.

Depends on who we replace him with and who that coach brings with him. Sometimes that’s a decent trade off. Scott Drew is my choice at the moment, I don’t think Louisville is in the picture anymore and maybe there’s a reason for that.

Do we need more gas to get this spark/flame going? Hell, I'll get a truckload of gasoline to pour on it to get this moving forward...

tenor.gif

So, if Calipari is hired at Michigan for a little more than what Howard was paid, 3.61 million, Calipari signs a 5 year contract for 20 million then Kentucky owes him what? 13 million? 2.6 million a season for 5 seasons on top of paying a new coach 4-5-6-7 million?
UK would owe him zero. He would walk away from the contract by taking another job.

Perfect fit ..shit coach for a shit school in a shit b!G conference . Please O Heavenly Father let Johny go North . And UM has $$$. . Great fit .. make it happen today !!!
And they’re the college football champs! Football usually the main money sport. Just saying….

Would that class be similar to the current one that went 0-2 in March?

This worrying about future recruiting is just stupid. Cal’s recruits are losing to other team’s lesser recruits. Any coach still breathing will be fine in place of Cal.
We just had a guy who was playing in Division III (think Centre College in Kentucky) two years ago before his Hillsdale College moved up to Division II last season torch us for 32 on ten three-pointers. If we can avoid Cal's buyout because he jumped to Michigan and funnel some of that $$$ to NIL, we can reload with experienced veterans in the portal. I like it!

UK would owe him zero. He would walk away from the contract by taking another job.
Doesn't Cal have an offset? I can't remember. If he has an offset, wouldn't we be on the hook for whatever was left over after the new school started paying his contract?

Unless all of the best transfers are gone from the portal it won't bother me at all. Plus, a new coach will still have an opportunity to convince a handful of the current players to stay. Give a smart hungry young coach (who understands the value and importance of the 3pt. shot) a base of Thiero, Burks, Hart, one of the other 3 Guards, and one of the 3 seven footers and he should be able to rock.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I was actually just telling my wife I'd love to live in Michigan. Upper Peninsula is gorgeous. Find a nice house somewhere away from tons of people and just chill by the lake.
I lived up there 6-1/2 years. Actually, my employer was in walking distance of Oakland U. I’m glad this didn’t happen 20 years ago or I would never have heard the end of it. But to your point, Northern Michigan is very beautiful.

• Haha
I lived up there 6-1/2 years. Actually, my employer was in walking distance of Oakland U. I’m glad this didn’t happen 20 years ago or I would never have heard the end of it. But to your point, Northern Michigan is very beautiful.
I've been to Kalamazoo. It was so longer, I don't remember anything about other than the street lights have yellow casings instead of the black ones we tend to see.

Reactions: gojvc
3 million a year until his contract runs out with Uk

I know how you feel, you're great. I was asking the other person because their post was "loaded".
Thanks. I don't want anyone doubting where I stand when it comes to JVC.

I didn't want him here from the beginning, and really wanted him gone after 2013.

It was obvious to me what he was doing to the program way back then. It is inevitable when he leaves, the program will be in shambles. Whenever that time comes. And IT WILL COME TO PASS.

Whatever happens needs to happen by the final 4. They need to have a press conference and let the fans know what direction they are taking. You’re either going to burn the program down by sticking with him or we move on.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT