ADVERTISEMENT

Cal releases statement on Big Z

I think you can put this one to bed, turn out the lights and call it a huge win. Cal doesn't issue this statement if he thinks there is anything more than a technicality in the way of full eligibility -- just like weeks ago some of us called it that the Kentucky administration doesn't issue that statement about "doing everything possible to get him in," only to fail.

Hard not to be excited about a guy already projected last year as an NBA second rounder, who has had years playing at a significant level in Europe where fundamentals are king, and who is 7'1'' with at least some ball handling skills ands court awareness.

Happy all parties finally got this done. Some feelings about calipari aside, big props to him for getting this done.

I think you can put this one to bed, turn out the lights and call it a huge win. Cal doesn't issue this statement if he thinks there is anything more than a technicality in the way of full eligibility -- just like weeks ago some of us called it that the Kentucky administration doesn't issue that statement about "doing everything possible to get him in," only to fail.

Hard not to be excited about a guy already projected last year as an NBA second rounder, who has had years playing at a significant level in Europe where fundamentals are king, and who is 7'1'' with at least some ball handling skills ands court awareness.
I am not a Cal fan, but, I give him credit for Z and the other players this year. We have a chance to be very good.

I am sure you will find a negative somewhere. You always do.
You:

4511670e15f4797c9ac41b22a1686b9c.jpg

I disagree respectfully Yes its a win for Cal most definitely but he still puts this out even if z isn't ncaa approved. Imo. It was extremely important for the university to get him,We don't want to look bad with the oversea guys.

• Wow
Reactions: WildcatFan60
I disagree respectfully Yes its a win for Cal most definitely but he still puts this out even if z isn't ncaa approved. Imo. It was extremely important for the university to get him,We don't want to look bad with the oversea guys.
You have no idea if Z has been approved by the NCAA or not. I expect all those bases have been covered behind the scenes prior to this announcement.

We have some naive fans.

You have no idea if Z has been approved by the NCAA or not. I expect all those bases have been covered behind the scenes prior to this announcement.
your right we don't know...... I still think its a win for Cal regardless of Zs ncaa status

your right we don't know...... I still think its a win for Cal regardless of Zs ncaa status
I can understand your positive spin, and I think it was a win for the administration. You have rules, once he took the correct test he was admitted. This should tell the country that we are a University of Student Athletes not like Carolina or Kansas.

• Haha
Reactions: track42
I can understand your positive spin, and I think it was a win for the administration. You have rules, once he took the correct test he was admitted. This should tell the country that we are a University of Student Athletes not like Carolina or Kansas.
He took 2 tests. One the UK didn't accept for whatever reason, the TOEFL (the right once, which he failed one portion that he didn't have proper accommodations for), and then took the TOEFL again, and passed that section apparently. Still insane the hoops Z has to go through to get into UK, which has a 95% admission rate.

Whatever, he's here now. That's what counts.

He was stalking me yesterday because I had the audacity to predict a sweet 16 or elite 8 and not winning sec reg season or tourney.

Apparently that made me a Ul troll.
All that old geezer does is run around the board attacking anyone that doesn't praise Cal.

Only a matter of time until this kid is a legit first rounder. Has all of the tools, skill, height, athleticism.

Our floor will be Sweet-16 with this team. That gets us out of the 1st weekend of the tournament. That should be at minimum.

Last edited:
Cal worked his ass off on this one. It had to be frustrating for all involved, but they made it happen.

Problem is, Z is way behind, hopefully the staff can get him ready to roll by the KU game. I really want to see Z square up with Hunter.

I am worried about Z, Bradshaw and Ugo at this point. The first exhibition is 3 weeks from tomorrow and it doesn't appear any 3 of them have gotten any practice time.

Z is maybe the one I'm least worried about just because he's at least healthy and should be in shape. Hard to imagine how Ugo and Bradshaw's conditioning will be when they come back, but we need all 4 bigs healthy and mobile for the Kansas game.

Reactions: RunninRichie
All that old geezer does is run around the board attacking anyone that doesn't praise Cal.

Like you, I hope calipari wins it all this season, and can make us eat it. Would love to be wrong about him at this stage of his career and hope he pulls a self, minus the cheating, to win a 2nd title 10 plus years after the first.

Reactions: kl40504
Z isn't very good at defending the pick and roll I could see Dickinson having a field day unless he can be coached to improve at that aspect
You're saying that he will have a hard time guarding one of the best players in the country?

Cal worked his ass off on this one. It had to be frustrating for all involved, but they made it happen.

Problem is, Z is way behind, hopefully the staff can get him ready to roll by the KU game. I really want to see Z square up with Hunter.
He's behind, but I'm not sure it matters much when you're that talented. Sharpe was behind everyone on the '21-22 roster, but he would have been the best player among them if he had stepped foot on the court.

I get what you're saying though. I just don't think it will matter much by March when the top players make a name for themselves.

Reactions: true blue1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT