Big Man for Any Type of Game

bballcat4

Junior
Jan 12, 2008
Boogie & Orton

WCS. & Noel

WCS & Towns

Ugo/Big Z/Bradshaw

We’ve got a big man for any type of game this year. 0 points today but Ugo set the defensive tone from first possession of the game.

Some wanted to relegate Ugo to end of bench, but he agains showed his value today.

Ugo matches up better with physical teams that want to play in the paint. Z can hurt Ala type teams. Bradshaw does okay. This is first time I can remember Cal being able to select a quality big man based on matchups and each of them bring something completely different to the game.

We’ll play both types of games if we advance far and all 3 of our bigs will be needed based on the matchup. I don’t know of another team with that versatility.

WCS and Towns and it's not even close
WCS and Towns were awesome! They played a lot together.

This year’s group of 3 bigs provide alot of versatility. I doubt (hopefully) 2 of them are never on the floor at the same time. But, he can handpick a big man based on specific matchups. I’m guessing Ugo and Z will both have special games if we go far.

I consider Ugo giving you 5 blocks and 10 rebounds a HUGE game regardless of how many he scores

Z will run pick and roll at top of the key in several games moving ahead.

It is interesting that we have bigs that can be plugged into unique game situations based on their skill sets. None are overly amazing, but can pop off in the right conditions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT