ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden choice coming soon !!!!!

Bolden isn't a superstar big, but we don't need him to be with this class. He's a smart, strong kid, a big body, a fundamentally solid player who can rebound and score in the post. We could have used him bad this year. I'm picturing him as being like a slightly taller version of Caleb Swanigan.

Bolden will be one of the best big men in the nation. He'll give us a dominant low post scorer, rebounder, and shot blocker. With the other scorers we'll have Bolden will probably average something like 10pts, 8rbs, 1blk. Your comparison to Swanigan is a good one. With Swanigan we'd still be in the tourney. Probably as a 1-2 seed.

I know that, but he also paid his own way his freshman season as a partial qualifier, thus he wasnt a recruited scholarship player.

Players can come off schollies anytime, who counts against the limit is the question here.

A player recruited as a scholarship player will always count if they switch to some other form of aid.
There are several examples on google of players who did this, The Uber driver for Xavier gave up his scholly his senior year to his brother for one, I linked another but google has several.
http://m.newsok.com/article/3483962

Reactions: brianpoe
Fox-Monk-Gabriel-Bam-Bolden is the epitome of what Cal wants in a team.. dribble drive guys on the perimeter and animals on the glass and defensive end.. Bring in briscoe, Lee, Willis, Hawkins and you have veteran presence on the bench just in case.. Then Matthews, Wynyard, Humph.. talk about a talented bunch.. practice would be worth a ticket..

Reactions: KWilt43atbuzz
We need rebounding. Humphreys and Wynard need to work on rebounding as some of the 5 stars have been lacking.

Isaac needs to work on his offense and confidence, he rebounded really well when he was in the game this year. We have no idea what Tia needs to do because nobody has seen him do anything yet.

Rebounding shouldn't be an issue at all next year with what we have in the frontcourt coming back plus Bam, Wenyen, and possibly Bolden coming. Plus the fact that our guards should be good rebounders too and I don't see that being an issue at all. Should be one of the best rebounding teams in the country, offensive and defensive.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
There are several examples on google of players who did this, The Uber driver for Xavier gave up his scholly his senior year to his brother for one, I linked another but google has several.
http://m.newsok.com/article/3483962

Hell, I may be wrong on a kid paying their full way, but that is why I mentioned - switching to some other form of aid, ie Academic, they would still be counted.

I still dont believe there is any rule regarding in state players, most likely they are more common due to lower tuition.

Isaac needs to work on his offense and confidence, he rebounded really well when he was in the game this year. We have no idea what Tia needs to do because nobody has seen him do anything yet.

Rebounding shouldn't be an issue at all next year with what we have in the frontcourt coming back plus Bam, Wenyen, and possibly Bolden coming. Plus the fact that our guards should be good rebounders too and I don't see that being an issue at all. Should be one of the best rebounding teams in the country, offensive and defensive.

[pfftt]Every time I see these guys mentioned together I think of Kermit. So......

kermithavingfun_zpsyfptcibh.gif

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
Ben Roberts @Next cats

@BHillwash Kind of thinking Duke right now. Some people telling me Duke. Some people telling me it's still a complete toss-up.

Ben Roberts @Next cats

@BHillwash Kind of thinking Duke right now. Some people telling me Duke. Some people telling me it's still a complete toss-up.

Cal vs Krybabyshitski. My money's on the best big man coach in the world. Bolden knows who that is. All he needs to do is look at the NBA.

I'd like next years team to feature ELITE REBOUNDING. I like to see a team built around rebounding. 3-4 guys who are naturals at grabbing boards would be something to see.
Every year Coach Cal teams have something that defines what kinda team it is basically. I want a super rebounding team that shoots the rock like B Knights team.
I'm talking about a +20 rebound average. An unheard number that shocks people.
Above 40% average from 3 almost all year as a team like B Knights team.

And I don't know or haven't heard on this but I bet my bottom dollar he sees Another 16 player on that Texas trip.
Appreciate the info and think you have a good history of providing things you hear through the grapevine. However, Ferguson is officially visiting Arizona today. Cal may have caught him before he left. Who knows

Duke fan here and I will be shocked, I mean shocked, if Bolden doesn't go to UK. I think you all are pretty safe with this one.

I posted that tweet from Ben Roberts.... but at the same time I can tell you that Duke Insiders do not feel very confident.

I translate that to mean no one really knows for sure. Final decision I'm sure has probably not been made... reading between the tea leaves there. Maybe Cal's visit will seal the deal

Yeah, not hearing a lot of confidence from Duke folks... except one, who has a sterling track record. But still... who knows. Would love Bolden at Duke... but not holding my breath.

z71sab can we get an update. I trust your sources more than Roberts.

Roberts certainly made the better call in regards to Jamal Murray at least. Twenty minutes before his announcement, Zab was adamant to the fact that we shouldn't even bother watching, Murray was going to Oregon.

Roberts certainly made the better call in regards to Jamal Murray at least. Twenty minutes before his announcement, Zab was adamant to the fact that we shouldn't even bother watching, Murray was going to Oregon.
Wasn't the only one who thought that either. But your right I missed on that one.

Why am I starting to get the feeling that these Duke fans are setting us up for disappointment?

There's nothing from their insiders that would do that...I do know that. Now could there be someone inside the program...who knows.

I still stand by Bolden has not decided. He does have a preference...Duke insiders know that ;)

I learned my lesson a long time ago regarding recruiting predictions. Unless or until I hear it coming straight from the kids mouth, everything else is guesswork. Talking heads trying to out-speculate the other. However, among the experts, I listen closely to what Evan Daniels says about the recruits. He appears to be more accurate and in tune than Jerry Meyer and the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

There is no update.

Check back tomorrow for more updates.

Did hear from my sources that Bolden woke up this morning and had cereal before getting a workout in before school. He drove back home to shower because he doesn't like showering at school heard it here first keep this on CatPaw.

Don't buy this. Well, not all of it. My sources confirmed he did indeed have cereal this morning (Lucky Charms for those wondering). However, he rode his bike back home. The only thing he hates more than showering at school is wasting gas.

Reactions: JustinSphere
My sources don't tell me squat until after the decision is made. My sources are my eyes and I should remove them for not seeing the future. That will teach those stupid sources

To tell you the truth, the mention of TCU worries me. Jamie Dixon is going to put everything he has into getting him, and has plenty of playing time as well as location to offer.
He should check with Ben Simmons, Malik Newman, Stephen Zimmerman, Antonio Blakeney...etc., before signing with a school just for playing time. If he wants to go to the next level he should take Bilas's advice to Simmons and go to you know where!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT