ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden choice coming soon !!!!!

All good calls. I'm sure it was painful as a UK fan to see your guys push off with the forearm so much, but they were legit calls. It was unfortunate that game had to happen in round two.

No they weren't.

I'm sure Putin thinks Russia "does no wrong either"

So they didn't push off to get space for their shot? Hmmmm, I see you're being very honest with your assessment of UK. They pushed off and those were easy calls.

Yeah, so it just happened that UK magically started pushing off at the Indiana game when they hadn't done it all year.

Try selling that BS to some other chump.

I really wish you guys would stop engaging these johnny-come-lately rival fans who magically started showing up after we lost. Where was this chump when Crean was slogging through multiple losing seasons? They finally have a good season and they run off to our board looking for validation.

Meh, it doesn't bother me that they come here. They aren't winning it anyway.

I wasn't happy with the officiating against IU but what's sad is it isn't in the top 10 worst officiated games we had this season.... Thanks SEC!!! Not, rot in hell sec goobers.

It's like gas prices. ... Spike them at 4$ a gallon so later when it's just 3.60 $. We will feel relieved instead of butt raped like we actually are.

Just going on what I'm hearing from a good source. I think Boldens mind is set for UK; he's just going through everything again.
Yeah I'm not buying the opinions that he truly is torn as completely undecided. I think he's leaning toward a place, likely Kentucky, but hasn't outright said he's going there.

Yeah I'm not buying the opinions that he truly is torn as completely undecided. I think he's leaning toward a place, likely Kentucky, but hasn't outright said he's going there.
I have to agree. He's had a long time to think about it and if he's planning on deciding in the next couple weeks, if he hasn't totally made up his mind, he at least has a plan for if one person stays or another.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 8h8 hours ago Manhattan, NY
Harry Giles Recruiting Marques Bolden to Duke https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/marques-bolden-to-announce-before-april-17/168656612?tcid=tw_article_168656612… pic.twitter.com/qYrw0iW6I7

CeUI_BUXIAAO1GD.jpg

This is because he desperately doesn't want to play center. Duke will try to start Jefferson at Center and Giles at PF to start next year but I strongly suspect Giles will be the superior defender and shot blocker and will be shifted to the Center ultimently and I think he knows it to unless they sign Bolden. This is not a sign he is leaning toward Duke because Gabriel and Fox both message him regularly and tell him to go to UK.

This is because he desperately doesn't want to play center. Duke will try to start Jefferson at Center and Giles at PF to start next year but I strongly suspect Giles will be the superior defender and shot blocker and will be shifted to the Center ultimently and I think he knows it to unless they sign Bolden. This is not a sign he is leaning toward Duke because Gabriel and Fox both message him regularly and tell him to go to UK.
Honestly I think Jefferson would be fine at center for Duke. Te kid was averaging 11 & 10 and shooting 68% before he went down. With as much talent as they'll have at the 1-4, the 5 guy will only need to be a rebounder/garbage man.

Honestly I think Jefferson would be fine at center for Duke. Te kid was averaging 11 & 10 and shooting 68% before he went down. With as much talent as they'll have at the 1-4, the 5 guy will only need to be a rebounder/garbage man.

Yeah, Jefferson should be okay. 6'9, 230, 7 foot wingspan, savy defender, fifth year senior captain with some serious experience... It isn't like there are many college centers who are going to overwhelm him. As mentioned, he needs to defend, rebound, and score when it is a gimme. He and Thornton will have relatively limited roles, when you consider the scoring talent they'll have around them, and it is likely they'll do just fine, especially Jefferson.

When you consider Jeter is the backup, and he is 6'10, 240, with a 7'2 wingspan... That's good enough starting and backup talent.

Don't sleep on Jeter. He'll end up the starter at the 5.

No.

Yeah, Jefferson should be okay. 6'9, 230, 7 foot wingspan, savy defender, fifth year senior captain with some serious experience... It isn't like there are many college centers who are going to overwhelm him. As mentioned, he needs to defend, rebound, and score when it is a gimme. He and Thornton will have relatively limited roles, when you consider the scoring talent they'll have around them, and it is likely they'll do just fine, especially Jefferson.

When you consider Jeter is the backup, and he is 6'10, 240, with a 7'2 wingspan... That's good enough starting and backup talent.

There's no scenario where Jefferson comes off the bench at Duke. None.

The McDAA game next week could help seal the deal for us. We'll have 4 guys there recruiting him and Duke will just have two - unless they let Giles show up just to loiter around.

I think Bolden is just waiting to confirm 100% that Skal is gone. If so, UK is a no brainer.

1) be part of arguably greatest recruiting class ever. Check
2) gets more exposure than any other school. Check
3) go to team with legitimate/best chance to win a title next year. Check
4) go to team with coach that has proven record of developing big men in one year to success in NBA. Check

Another prediction for UK over at 247 sports. It is a Sea of Blue guy though. We are up to 60%, but I think California was 3% for Brown last year, so...............

All I can say is "SOON" is obviously the wrong word. "In the next few weeks" would have made more sense.

He's ours. No way he goes to Duke with Giles, Jefferson, and Tatum who will probably still play a lot of 4 even with Jefferson coming back. He'll start at the 3, but play the 4 when Jefferson goes out. Plus Delaurier is coming in. Then I know Jeter sucked this year like..bad. But he should be improved enough to give them solid minutes off the bench. Even though we have a lot of bigs as well. Bolden know's there's a starting spot available here without having to beat out a 5th year Sr. or the number 1 recruit. Bolden isn't worried about Humphries and Wynyard LOL. Then TCU? Yeah LMAO on that one. I think a lot of kids learned from seeing how stupid Newman, Blakney, Zimmerman, Brown, and even Simmons were. Those kids being so retarded has probably drastically helped us in recruiting for the next several years.

Reactions: awf
don't have to read it again. I quoted it. Jeter isn't starting over Giles (who will be their 4) or Jefferson (who will be the 5) or vice versa. Take Giles and put him at the 5 if ya want, move Jefferson to the 4. Doesn't matter. Jeter isn't beating either one of those.

Read up on Giles - he doesn't want to play the 5 so he will be at the 4. Now, back to my point - Jefer will start by splitting with Amile then take the starting role AT THE 5.

Reactions: Baller224
Read up on Giles - he doesn't want to play the 5 so he will be at the 4. Now, back to my point - Jefer will start by splitting with Amile then take the starting role AT THE 5.

I hope you are right, because it will mean you didn't get Bolden. But I'll go ahead and play along. What have you seen that makes you think Jeter deserves to start over Jefferson? You may be the only one.

Guess you didn't watch Jeter beast in AAU and various camps. He is still young, he will be a solid player shortly.
[roll]

I watched him play this year and he barely played much less beast anybody. He is way overrated and I knew it when I saw him trying to compete at the McDonald's game.

Are you a duke fan? Or just a dumbass

Reactions: brianpoe
If Allen is back, Duke is really crowded next season. K only likes to play 7-8 guys. They would have 9 5-star fighting for minutes. Their lack of size puts Jeter in the mix.

Right now with Allen back, it looks like one of the guards will be riding the pine. Allen and Thornton probably start, with Jones getting lots of minutes as a Senior leader. That leaves Jackson and Kennard to battle for the last backcourt spot. Up front Tatum, Giles, Jefferson, and Jeter get the minutes. That's how I see it.

If Allen leaves, K has 8 guys just like he usually prefers it to be. Thornton and Jones start with Jackson and Kennard off the bench. Tatum at the 3, Giles at the 4, and Jefferson at the 5 with Jeter off the bench.

Or if K decides to go with a smaller lineup with a 3 man at the 4 spot to stretch the defense (which his 2000's championship teams all have- Battier, Singler, Winslow) he might start Thornton, Allen, Jones, Tatum, and Giles with Jackson and Kennard off the bench on the perimeter and Jefferson off the bench inside. Jeter would not play as much in that scenario, I wouldn't figure. That makes the most sense, because it opens up more minutes for the perimeter guys. If Allen isn't back, then it doesn't really matter.

That team looks scary good, but if they have a weakness on paper, to me it looks like the PG spot. Thornton is good, and will get better, but he doesn't look to be a championship caliber PG to me. He might be by this time next year, though. But right now that looks like their Achilles Heel, if they have one.

Reactions: ukfan041
Any updates on how the visit went? You would've thought there would've been an update by now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT