ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden choice coming soon !!!!!

If Bolden comes here, Skal would lose minutes. Lee is energy off the bench.

If Bolden comes here, he will improve more than he ever thought about under K.
I look at the coaches and the players of each group. I don't see anything Duke supersedes anything UK presents.

I see Payne staying and Capel leaving. Is it the difference in this one?
Bolden won't affect Skal's minutes.

Skal won't be here next year.

Reactions: Cats192
He can definitely add weight and get stronger but he had enough of both to be effective in college basketball this year. That was everyone's concern about Brandon Ingram coming into this year as well but he played himself into contention for the #1 pick in the draft.
Ingram has greater foot speed than Skal. He is much more agile as well.

Skal got schooled by the worst Plumlee. I know you Duke guys like to black out that loss but that exposed Skal. Skal needs time in the gym and his work ethic needs to be off the charts.

Ingram has greater foot speed than Skal. He is much more agile as well.

Skal got schooled by the worst Plumlee. I know you Duke guys like to black out that loss but that exposed Skal. Skal needs time in the gym and his work ethic needs to be off the charts.

I'm not blacking it out, our young guys got worked. I guess what I am saying is I don't think the main problem with Skal was "physical limitations" but more his attitude and toughness. If he was a little more confident and tougher this whole season he would have been fine.

On twitter Bolden is dunking and saying next Duke legend, Cal better do something fast it looks to be over.
LOL, a Duke fan @ tweeted him with the hashtag of "next Duke legend" and he retweeted it. He retweets everything that references him. Know how twitter works.

Reactions: ukfan041
I'm not blacking it out, our young guys got worked. I guess what I am saying is I don't think the main problem with Skal was "physical limitations" but more his attitude and toughness. If he was a little more confident and tougher this whole season he would have been fine.
I don't know the guy's mind. All I can really see is his physicality and he is skinny which isn't really optimal for playing by the basket.

When you have the ball in both hands after a rebound and it gets stolen out of your hands repeatedly that says strength issues to me.

Last edited:
Okafor is better than WCS and Nerlens Noel. Davis and Cousins, no... Both are pretty damn rare talents. Towns... Hm, I don't think Okafor is better. I don't think any of that had anything to do with where any of those players played in college for a year (or, in WCS's case, three years, and Noel's case, half a year.)
You don't think? Is that a joke? Towns is the better player and it is not close. Not even a debate.

Retweeted
#1 Julius Randle Fan ‏@whiteboyshooter 13h13 hours ago
@MarquesB__ #FutureDukeLegend
1f608.png
1f3c6.png

Can someone interpret tmuck's post? I do not understand Tweets.

A Duke (and apparently Julius Randle) fan tweeted (posted) the video of Bolden dunking with the hashtag Future Duke Legend.

Bolden re-tweeted (sent) it out.

Probably not a good sign but who knows?

Okafor is better than WCS and Nerlens Noel. Davis and Cousins, no... Both are pretty damn rare talents. Towns... Hm, I don't think Okafor is better. I don't think any of that had anything to do with where any of those players played in college for a year (or, in WCS's case, three years, and Noel's case, half a year.)

Okafor has a much better offensive game than Noel.

However Nerlens defense is worlds better.

I don't think Okafor could score 10 points on Noel.

A Duke (and apparently Julius Randle) fan tweeted (posted) the video of Bolden dunking with the hashtag Future Duke Legend.

Bolden re-tweeted (sent) it out.

Probably not a good sign but who knows?
About as good as sign as chieck Diallo telling everyone to follow his boy skal last year the day before he committed to Kansas. I wouldn't read into that at all

yes no reason not to. I mean can someone tell me some info how the whole duke is the choice all of sudden came about beside one duke insider saying he had committed to coach k already and everyone jumping off uk and saying duke . doesn't make sense.

All of them are better citizens than Okafor who seems to be having trouble adjusting to his fame. It is probably because Coach K isn't worried about his players being assholes as evidenced by the many he has coached, meaning assholes. Cousins has issues on the court at times but is a big part of Sacramento and work with kids.

Reactions: BBUK
All of them are better citizens than Okafor who seems to be having trouble adjusting to his fame. It is probably because Coach K isn't worried about his players being assholes as evidenced by the many he has coached, meaning assholes. Cousins has issues on the court at times but is a big part of Sacramento and work with kids.

So does Okafor.

Strength and Size(Weight). He needs to work on both. That doesn't get fixed overnight.
Which are correctable, which means they aren't limitations. A limitation would be something not reasonably correctable or fixable, like Ulis being short. Or apparently Marcus Lee doing anything on offense other than dunking.

yes no reason not to. I mean can someone tell me some info how the whole duke is the choice all of sudden came about beside one duke insider saying he had committed to coach k already and everyone jumping off uk and saying duke . doesn't make sense.
Adam Rowe is a very reputable source. He hardly ever misses a prediction, and he has predicted UK for awhile but was recently the first one to switch and then others followed suit. Ben Roberts, a UK recruiting guru has been saying Duke prior to everyone switched on Tuesday. UK is still a possibility for Bolden, but it's becoming increasingly more likely he picks Duke to complete what may be the best recruiting class ever.

I've talked to a few people who know Rowe personally, so I'm sadly going to have to side with him as well. Dude doesn't just throw things out.. Can Bolden change his mind, or in better words, change his mothers mind? Sure.. But right now I'd say it's Duke.

Like said we're getting him. Don't worry about it. Not getting him isn't an option. Bolden will be a cat.

Hell, every poster on this board has said Allen will suck in the League. So why on earth should he bolt now, when A) he has a lot to work on, and B) he has a chance to be a leader on a truly special team next year?
Because he's not touching the first round in next year's draft and getting a first round pick as a senior is really, really, really tough nowadays unless you are godlike.

That's why.

Adam Rowe is a very reputable source. He hardly ever misses a prediction, and he has predicted UK for awhile but was recently the first one to switch and then others followed suit. Ben Roberts, a UK recruiting guru has been saying Duke prior to everyone switched on Tuesday. UK is still a possibility for Bolden, but it's becoming increasingly more likely he picks Duke to complete what may be the best recruiting class ever.

Uhhh, no. I'm not even sure it will be better than UK's current class. Even if Bolden goes to Duke, UK has five 5-stars compared to four for Duke.

Because he's not touching the first round in next year's draft and getting a first round pick as a senior is really, really, really tough nowadays unless you are godlike.

That's why.
He's currently projected as the 24th overall pick in the 2017 draft on NBA draftnet. He's been completely taken off the 2016 board. Chances are he is late first, early second no matter which draft he is in.

He's currently projected as the 24th overall pick in the 2017 draft on NBA draftnet. He's been completely taken off the 2016 board. Chances are he is late first, early second no matter which draft he is in.
Next years draft much deeper than this year. 1st rounds picks this year will be 2nd round next year. It is why I think you will see so many stay in the draft.

If Allen sticks around, it helps dUKe greatly for a myriad of reasons. It will give him a chance to be completely and totally protected by his coach and the ACC when he trips more players. It will happen again. The longer he stays in school, the less of a chance he gets his brains knocked out by a player in the league who can financially withstand having to sit out for a game or two - because he has no problem cold-cocking someone for lace-panty antics. God help him if he's stupid enough to trip Boogie...

Uhhh, no. I'm not even sure it will be better than UK's current class. Even if Bolden goes to Duke, UK has five 5-stars compared to four for Duke.
I don't see how you can honestly argue that UK's class would still be better without Bolden. Take a look at draft projections.. Giles/Tatum are projected 1, 2, or 3 depending on which site you look at. Jackson is projected around 14-15. Right now UK's class is rated better marginally, which will not be the case if Bolden chooses Duke.

Which are correctable, which means they aren't limitations. A limitation would be something not reasonably correctable or fixable, like Ulis being short. Or apparently Marcus Lee doing anything on offense other than dunking.
Limitations can be temporary.

Next years draft much deeper than this year. 1st rounds picks this year will be 2nd round next year. It is why I think you will see so many stay in the draft.
I don't disagree, but at the end of the day Allen is most likely to declare next year. He is on pace to graduate in 3 years and graduating is important to him as well.

FWIW Jerry Meyer currently has UK as his pick for Bolden. I know he doesn't have the greatest reputation for predicting where guys end up, but the past year he was pretty accurate.

Well...without Murray being rated by ESPN because he went to UK (not ESPN's reason...but it's the real reason :) )...UK was second last year. Kinda of a joke, really...

I don't see how you can honestly argue that UK's class would still be better without Bolden. Take a look at draft projections.. Giles/Tatum are projected 1, 2, or 3 depending on which site you look at. Jackson is projected around 14-15. Right now UK's class is rated better marginally, which will not be the case if Bolden chooses Duke.

I'm not worried about draft projections. If that was the criteria Skal > Grayson Allen...see what I'm saying?

I think Jackson will move into the top 10 so that's 3 guys in the top 10 for Duke, & 3 or 4 for UK (Gabriel is not a consensus top 10 guy). To me, it's how much emphasis you place on having 2 guys in the top 3. If Giles wasn't hurt I would put more value in it. I'm not sure Tatum is THAT much better than Bam, Fox, or Monk.

Gabriel & Bolden are a virtual wash & SKJ is rated much higher than your other recruit.

Both are great classes though & I can both sides of the argument.

Reactions: Bogansback2Basil

I didn't realize the high school basketball recruiting rankings had anything to do with future draft projections. Hmph. Then again, I've been told by drive-bys over the years that the ACC invented the post season conference tournament - and that dUKe never had half empty gyms while coach K was the head man...

I don't disagree, but at the end of the day Allen is most likely to declare next year. He is on pace to graduate in 3 years and graduating is important to him as well.

getting a degree he can always come back and finish, but wont make up for the amount of money he could potentially lose out on by waiting a year. The difference between how stacked next years draft is compared to this year. Difference between Cal and k is how this advice would be given.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT