ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden choice coming soon !!!!!

[roll]

I watched him play this year and he barely played much less beast anybody. He is way overrated and I knew it when I saw him trying to compete at the McDonald's game.

Are you a duke fan? Or just a dumbass

Phew, glad I referenced AAU and camps and not ONE high school all-star game. Who's the dumbass?

No shit Giles is gonna be the 4. If Jefferson actually graduated and left, then he was gonna HAVE to be the 5 because Chase ****ing Jeter isn't gonna transform into this animal in the off-season and move him to the 4. Jefferson coming back cements Giles as the 4 and Jefferson as the 5 just because, although he's bigger, Giles handles it better and shoots the 15 footer better than Jefferson. Jefferson isn't doing a damn thing outside 5-10 feet like Marcus Lee. Chase ****ing Jeter isn't gonna keep either one from getting 30 minutes next year and he sure as hell isn't gonna start over either.

This is a borderline ignore take. Just awful. Almost as bad as the person on Rafters who thought Ulis would struggle this year and had their post bumped after the season.

So no highly-rated, 18 year old kid has EVER made a nice jump from a no-summer preparation Freshman year, to a full-offseason prep Sophmore year? Comical. Chase isn't even finished growing yet, and hasn't even had an offseason at Duke.

Jefferson isn't built to handle a full ACC tilt at the 5, and the staff knows it. Chase will get plenty of PT, and will be getting heavy minutes at the 5 next year.

Who knows though,just 24 hours ago I was 99.9% sure Bolden was a Cat. That has changed today. Bolden could be playing next to Giles next year.

Aren't you one of the 40-0 guys from last year, and already saying it next year? Lol

AND PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE. I have and will bump it 10 games into next season.

Nope, not the case. The kid is truly torn.

Wow, you really know him well huh?

Your "inside info" would make sense if K had just visited, but Cal did. So, you are saying 24 hrs ago, he was a Cat, Cal visits and now he's torn? Yeah, that makes sense.

Last edited:
I think all along there are 2 Top Centers for 2016 that are waiting to see what the Players from Duke, Kentucky, and Duke are going to do in the 2016 NBA Draft. The two Top 20 centers are Marques Bolden and Jarrett Allen. Bolden is waiting to see what Skal is doing in the 2016 NBA Draft. Kentucky right now has Skal, Lee, Hump, and Wynyard. We all know in his 3 year Lee has been a backup to centers like Towns, WCS, Skal, and even Dakari Johnson was ahead of him last year. Hump and Wynyard are young players and Bolden knows who will be #1 Center at UK if Skal leaves for 2016 NBA Draft. I believe once Skal declares for the Draft then Bolden makes that Annoucement that he will attend UK in 2016. Jarrett Allen is leaning to Baylor or Kansas in 2016.

Marques bolden father tells Adam zagoria his choice will be made very soon . No date set. My guess is he will commit to uk right before the McDonald's game or maybe at the game.

If he announces within the next week I don't think the pick is Kentucky.

CMD - I thought you were confident?

I don't know what to think anymore. I was confident & pretty dismissive of the Duke buzz from this week. The Matt jones flip flop from this week is concerning.

I've also been digging for the last hour on this post because I'm pretty sure I know the guy the OP is referring to. I'm pretty sure the OP is telling the truth; I'm assuming the guy who told him is being truthful.

I'm trying to find out when the shoe request was made; OP if you know that info can you please share?

No kidding, would be tough to be an Okafor and be the 3rd overall pick and a national champion. Bolden is Duke bound. It's a done deal.
Yeah, Okafor, the guy who was pegged as the #1 pick by everyone until Karl Towns took his place. The Okafor who fell to third to Philly and is miserable. Bolden may go to Duke, I don't know, but anyone with a brain can see that UK is the smarter choice if you're a big man.

Given recent history how a big man could be torn between UK and Duke is beyond me.

Especially with their roster next season. It is NOT going to be conducive to Bolden showing what he can do. With Allen, Jackson and their other guards shooting a lot of 3s, and Giles and Tatum (who shoots every time he touches the ball), I don't see Bolden getting a lot of touches.

Especially with their roster next season. It is NOT going to be conducive to Bolden showing what he can do. With Allen, Jackson and their other guards shooting a lot of 3s, and Giles and Tatum (who shoots every time he touches the ball), I don't see Bolden getting a lot of touches.
I mean...how is that different from the situation here? We're loaded as well, and crowded in the front court.

If he doesnt Come here I can't wait to witness the meltdowns that will come with it. The usual he's not that good, or we didn't want him anyway. There will be crow served for sure. Personally I would much rather have ulis back than bolden which is unlikely I know, but I would take a sophomore briscoe over bolden as well. He knows how to run the offense and will be an excellent asset if one of them returns

All I know is that Frank Jackson can light it up. How many shots would Bolden get at Duke compared to UK? That might be a question that Bolden needs to ask himself. 7, 10, 15?

Bolden is very likely to get 5-10 more minutes of PT per game at Duke than UK. The reason it is conductive to show what he can do is because Duke will run a 4 out and 1 in a lot, and surround him with shooters where if someone doubles down the ball is kicked right back out for the 3 of the drive and oop back to Bolden. Go back & watch how Okafor was used. Duke doesn't have that true back to the basket player and there is a bit of a log jam at UK and is ultimately why he chooses Duke.

^^^^^^ no they wont. harry giles will play 35 min a game next year and he cant shoot. either can amile Jefferson. tatum is very streaky. only guys duke has that can knock it down is Jackson, Kennard and jones. allen if he returns. there is no log jam at uk. bolden can play 30 minutes at the center spot. bam and skj are the 4's and marcus lee will give spot minutes to bolden. humprhries time is his junior year.

Reactions: jesusfan
^^^^^^ no they wont. harry giles will play 35 min a game next year and he cant shoot. either can amile Jefferson. tatum is very streaky. only guys duke has that can knock it down is Jackson, Kennard and jones. allen if he returns. there is no log jam at uk. bolden can play 30 minutes at the center spot. bam and skj are the 4's and marcus lee will give spot minutes to bolden. humprhries time is his junior year.
Allen will be back.

Okafor is better than WCS and Nerlens Noel. Davis and Cousins, no... Both are pretty damn rare talents. Towns... Hm, I don't think Okafor is better. I don't think any of that had anything to do with where any of those players played in college for a year (or, in WCS's case, three years, and Noel's case, half a year.)

Okafor is better than WCS and Nerlens Noel. Davis and Cousins, no... Both are pretty damn rare talents. Towns... Hm, I don't think Okafor is better. I don't think any of that had anything to do with where any of those players played in college for a year (or, in WCS's case, three years, and Noel's case, half a year.)
Townes hung out by the three point line before he came to Kentucky. When Townes left his back to the basket game was infinitely better. Cal and Kenny Payne did a great job. They tried the same with Skal but his physical limitations were hard to overcome thus they moved Skal back to be being a jump shooter with about 10 games left in the season.

No kidding, would be tough to be an Okafor and be the 3rd overall pick and a national champion. Bolden is Duke bound. It's a done deal.
He may go to duke. The point I was making is Okafor was the same player when he left Duke as when he arrived. That is simply not the case with our bigs since Cal's arrival. Our bigs our dominating the league, and they have all changed or enhanced their game with their one year at UK. That will not happen at Duke especially with the 4 out 1 in that you claim he will be featured in. All that said, it sounds like Momma wants Duke, and momma's generally win these battles.

Reactions: brianpoe
Cal makes players tougher, in general K does not. Plus they get a sense of entitlement to calls. (can't wait to see grayson throw his head back at contact in the NBA). Several NBA execs have noted this.

As for Okafor, the Sixers are already looking to move him. Nice offensive player but no defense and very questionable attitude and work ethic.

Reactions: SilentsAreGolden
If Bolden comes here, Skal would lose minutes. Lee is energy off the bench.

If Bolden comes here, he will improve more than he ever thought about under K.
I look at the coaches and the players of each group. I don't see anything Duke supersedes anything UK presents.

I see Payne staying and Capel leaving. Is it the difference in this one?

Townes hung out by the three point line before he came to Kentucky. When Townes left his back to the basket game was infinitely better. Cal and Kenny Payne did a great job. They tried the same with Skal but his physical limitations were hard to overcome thus they moved Skal back to be being a jump shooter with about 10 games left in the season.

Exactly what kind of physical limitations does Skal have?

Strength and Size(Weight). He needs to work on both. That doesn't get fixed overnight.

He can definitely add weight and get stronger but he had enough of both to be effective in college basketball this year. That was everyone's concern about Brandon Ingram coming into this year as well but he played himself into contention for the #1 pick in the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT