ADVERTISEMENT

Black IS an official UK color.

420grover

Senior
Mar 26, 2006
giphy.gif

Pretty sure about 5 people outside of Rupp's Rafters are angry about jersey colors.
I’m angrier than I’ve ever been about anything. Honestly, I’m going to start a protest, and whine and cry until this gets changed. This is a tragic. A miscarriage of justice.

I’ve tried to give Barnhart the benefit of the doubt on most things, but I want his sorry ass fired over this.
This is the last straw for. How dare he approve of changing the uniforms to black?

Honestly, I would like to see him brought up on ethics charges over this.

On second thought, it probably isn’t that big a deal.
kentuckyuniforms-032915-getty-ftr_qk8mrgbav7jr1jgkiwvdne8hg.jpg

black-uniform.jpg

The FB unis during the Curry era with the black accent were a great look, much better than the garbage currently trotted out by the FB team.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
If our primary colors were blue and black, I wonder if anyone would complain if we had white as a secondary color considering it is so common? Baseball team sure would look stupid without white pants.

I wanted to be sure that everyone saw this and it wasn't buried in one of the other threads.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for the "Our colors are Blue and White!!" crowd but here is a link for you. If you look on page 5, section 1.1, it clearly states Wildcat blue, Wildcat white, and Wildcat black.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.uky.edu/prmarketing/sites/www.uky.edu.prmarketing/files/Graphic%20Standards%20M9-16.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwimq7y6i9DcAhXdGjQIHc4ZC6cQFjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1BRMc6logoVRwAIRhXDSDL
That is about print graphics. Our official colors are blue and white and have been since 1892.

I never new so many people were anti-black (the color in general). It's very slimming, hard to get dirty and looks awesome and somewhat intimidating when done right. I wouldn't want them more than a couple of times a year, but I would love to get in on an annual blackout game. The KU game would be an awesome one to do it.

Reactions: KDcats11
Do they currently chant "Go Big White!"?
Exactly. That's the most illogical, purposely dense, and most of all, stupid argument I've ever heard. I wish we didn't have such a significant portion of crybabies in our fan base. Luckily, they all seem to be really old.

I’m angrier than I’ve ever been about anything. Honestly, I’m going to start a protest, and whine and cry until this gets changed. This is a tragic. A miscarriage of justice.

I’ve tried to give Barnhart the benefit of the doubt on most things, but I want his sorry ass fired over this.
This is the last straw for. How dare he approve of changing the uniforms to black?

Honestly, I would like to see him brought up on ethics charges over this.

On second thought, it probably isn’t that big a deal.
kentuckyuniforms-032915-getty-ftr_qk8mrgbav7jr1jgkiwvdne8hg.jpg

black-uniform.jpg
Kev...don’t be a hater. Black Jerseys Matter!

Oops just saw the same thought on an earlier post. And I thought I was being original.

If our primary colors were blue and black, I wonder if anyone would complain if we had white as a secondary color considering it is so common? Baseball team sure would look stupid without white pants.
Just more evidence of white privilege [winking]

I heard from a source in the UK Athletics Dept wants BBN to represent “Big BLACK Nation.” Also, they want fans at home games to cheer “ Go Big BLACK” to motive the team.

I'm old enough to remember when the color grey would trigger the older parts of the fan base. Our '98 uniforms had a grey stripe down the sides, and people acted like that was some huge slap in the face. Same people said the denim unis looked like UNC blue, which was really stupid.

Reactions: FactCheckerUSA
No problem with the black if you can make them not look like Dukes and not make them look like they came from the local allsports clearance rack.

We are UK for goodness sakes. The gold standard. They need to get their chit together in the unis dept.

I heard from a source in the UK Athletics Dept wants BBN to represent “Big BLACK Nation.” Also, they want fans at home games to cheer “ Go Big BLACK” to motive the team.
And have a black out with black shirts and black face.

Reactions: UKGrad93
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT