ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z WILL NOT play Friday in UK's First Exhibition

I don't get it either. And it's not like he hasn't played. He played in semi-pro and pro leagues in Europe.
I mean even Jack Pilgrim said he was behind in conditioning and somehow basketball knowledge. I just don't see how that's possible. Maybe conditioning, but knowledge? He's been playing for four years overseas and hasn't learned a lick about the game?
I'm not sure I would call what Calipari plays basketball.

Maybe what they mean is that Big Z has no idea how to run up and down the floor like his head was on fire and his ass was catching so he can stand around under the basket while someone dribbles the shot clock out and throws a brick at the goal. Then repeat.

If you are used to playing in an actual offense then I could see how that might take some getting used to.

Same. If he doesn't, Cal really does need to be explicit on why he's not. If it's an injury say it. If it's because he's way behind say it. This, "well, maybe next week" stuff isn't going to fly well with BBN this year. Not after Sharpe (which I don't think this is), and Wheeler.
It called "coach speak"....Cal is a master at it. He probably does it to just piss off the fans.

Probably has an agreement with Z that he sign on with UK in order to prep for the draft, in exchange for the clout that Cal may or may not have in the future to attract more European players.

Reactions: UKMKG
Dude has been in the US for two weeks, only practiced a few times, isn’t in game shape, doesn’t know the plays…Cal doesn’t want to put him out there to fail when he’s clearly not ready.

Yet, Cal’s the ahole in all of this somehow. Man, some of the people on here are such massive losers.

Dude has been in the US for two weeks, only practiced a few times, isn’t in game shape, doesn’t know the plays…Cal doesn’t want to put him out there to fail when he’s clearly not ready.

Yet, Cal’s the ahole in all of this somehow. Man, some of the people on here are such massive losers.
Yet our other freshmen who just arrived on campus played in the summer tournament overseas. Weird, huh?

It's an EXHIBITION GAME.That's the time to put them out there to work on things.Who cares if they fail in a game that means nothing?

I am not a Cal lover nor am I Cal hater. I am a fan who is ready for my team to win again and they need to do it this year. It’s been too long. Cal needs to step up. In saying all this, it amazes me that people actually believe the reason Z isn’t playing Friday is because of some conspiracy or it’s because Cal hates the fans.

Sharpe didn't know the plays either, wasn't in game shape, and also only practiced a few times. Lol. Deja vu anybody?

Sharpe didn't know the plays either, wasn't in game shape, and also only practiced a few times. Lol. Deja vu anybody?
I am ready for Vuja De. I ain't never seen this [poop] B4.

1*G215RpI2WyZQPai0aAZHsQ.jpeg

I am not a Cal lover nor am I Cal hater. I am a fan who is ready for my team to win again and they need to do it this year. It’s been too long. Cal needs to step up. In saying all this, it amazes me that people actually believe the reason Z isn’t playing Friday is because of some conspiracy or it’s because Cal hates the fans.
Because Cal lies so much.Look at all the Wheeler lies last season.Why should anyone believe him?

Same. If he doesn't, Cal really does need to be explicit on why he's not. If it's an injury say it. If it's because he's way behind say it. This, "well, maybe next week" stuff isn't going to fly well with BBN this year. Not after Sharpe (which I don't think this is), and Wheeler.
but.........real Gs stay silent.....Cal loves to keep it real

Neither Cal lover or hater but putting Z out there not ready could be detrimental to the rest of the team. 1 player making wrong moves makes it hard for everybody to get on same page. So playing him when not ready could set the rest of the team back or at best seriously hamper their prep. They had 10 practices together before Canada plus multiple 3 at a time with a coach. Z has 5 or 6 practices to try to catch up. Sounds like the best would be be wait till he is more comfortable for the time being.

1. It’s an amazing exhibition game…
2. Anyone that has played any ball….even pickup games at rhe Y ….you don’t need 10 practices to know how to play in an exhibition game. It’s as easy as I’ve got this guy, you talk if a pick is coming, switches, and when the ball goes up…box out and go get a rebound. On offense…if your a big the guard will dribble and you set some picks, go post and when a shot goes up../go get it
3. But we’ll play darbyshire, Canada etc../but our biggest player won’t play for second pickup game

Regardless..this coach has no goal to win for Ky you’d use a damn exhibition game to teach Z how he could have reacted differently and get him used to playing with the team. But its the same old crap wjtb him and you’ll bet your bottom dollar we’ll be behind in Kansas game and early season losses and more excuses tk come

He’s earned zero rope with how he’s acted the last few years

I don't get it either. And it's not like he hasn't played. He played in semi-pro and pro leagues in Europe.
I mean even Jack Pilgrim said he was behind in conditioning and somehow basketball knowledge. I just don't see how that's possible. Maybe conditioning, but knowledge? He's been playing for four years overseas and hasn't learned a lick about the game?

We run a very complex system in the go offense.

Supposedly he is slow laterally which means he will get abused in Cal’s switching mtm or p&r defense. Expect a replay of all the previous seasons where a talented offensive player who struggles on defense never sees the floor.

Supposedly he is slow laterally which means he will get abused in Cal’s switching mtm or p&r defense. Expect a replay of all the previous seasons where a talented offensive player who struggles on defense never sees the floor.

We don't switch ballscreens.

At least not with the 5 man, and we never, ever have by design.

The only time a 5 has ever had to switch a BS in our defense is if they were late getting to the level of the screen.

Idk where this idea came from that we switch ball screens in man to man under Cal.

Maybe Cal is grooming him to be the recipient of the extremely complex side out of bounds play. The one Toppin excelled in. I'd say it took JT the redshirt year to learn it. So yeah, I completely understand why Z isn't ready!

I’m already at the “why did we even bring him here?” point like I was with Diallo and Sharpe. It’s just another useless distraction. I’m over it.
Ok when Big Z is helping UK to the FF you are not allowed to cheer him on.
To the back on the bus, no, in fact you walk to the FF!

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
Neither Cal lover or hater but putting Z out there not ready could be detrimental to the rest of the team. 1 player making wrong moves makes it hard for everybody to get on same page. So playing him when not ready could set the rest of the team back or at best seriously hamper their prep. They had 10 practices together before Canada plus multiple 3 at a time with a coach. Z has 5 or 6 practices to try to catch up. Sounds like the best would be be wait till he is more comfortable for the time being.
So, let's put him in unexperienced in a game that counts like.....Kansas?

Sounds like a great plan.

I think it is what I have been reading and saying.....he's not that good. Don't talk about NBA potential. He's 7' plus, and they draft on potential not on current performance. Everything I read said he does not show stamina, is slow on defense, may not be able to defend in pick and roll, etc. So, there's a big learning curve most likely. I guess we will find out down the road, but I have read over and over the word "project" when referencing him. Hopefully, he will prove a quick learner.
Not sure where you’re getting your info but @Travis Graf has been hearing otherwise. He states he’s heard nothing but good things about Big Z. The word “project” wasn’t mentioned.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT