ADVERTISEMENT

Baker cleared to play for Arizona and Kentucky approved it

Happy for him personally. But I have no idea what standard or "rules" the NCAA uses to determine these decisions. So inconsistent it is ridiculous.
Did u read what I said the Post before yours. Kentucky approved it

Also figure that UK went to bat for him since he had to RS his FR season with injuries. One of the biggest things I took away from this year's BBM "State of the Wildcats" address from Cal is that he was pushing the loyalty aspect of this program. He specifically mentioned that players who transfer will have their support and are always welcomed back. Not many say that. UK has shown that with Wiltjer, Lee, Cal's class in supporting/congratulating Charles Matthews when Michigan made Final Four/NC Game, etc....nobody backs up what they say more then UK/Cal. Respect them for that more then anything.

I honestly can't believe Goodman wrote something positive about UK here, and really had to reach to do it. Kentucky's approval had little to do with anything here, but thanks for the PR plug. I'm guessing Goodman mentioned Kentucky here so that he has something to point to later in the season, when he's roasting Calipari or UK for something ridiculous, to prove that he does say positive things about them at times.

Good for him....wish him well unless against us... surprised the NCAA did cheater U any favors

The NCAA grants waivers so liberally nowadays that it's hard to figure out what the standards are anymore. It's kinda gutted its own rule with how easily it now allows players to get around it.

That said, I am happy for Baker.

Reactions: bluesundown
I’m glad Cal and UK supported it, but as had been pointed out the NCAA is inconsistent in who they make sit out, and who they let play. But they are inconsistent about a lot of things. They throw some programs to the wolves for violations, and let others skate, certainly to date Arizona.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Ok fine, but you better believe that UK would not get a transfer eligible in this fashion even if every school within the NCAA signed off on it. That’s the only part about this that’s pathetic and the fact that Arizona has been cheating hard, why should they be rewarded anything.

I’m glad Cal and UK supported it, but as had been pointed out the NCAA is inconsistent in who they make sit out, and who they let play. But they are inconsistent about a lot of things. They throw some programs to the wolves for violations, and let others skate, certainly to date Arizona.

I will never understand the NCAA but if the inconsistencies come from the schools being objective about a transfer without the general public knowing, it could explain somethings.

I don't know the percentages of who is getting approved for waivers vs. who isn't. I will say in Bakers's case it only makes sense that he doesn't need to sit out again since he already missed a season with an injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT