ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn will lose by 20 tenths of a second tomorrow

Virginia - 6 is the current line...

Might get blown out if their players are sick (see below)

Virginia doesn't score enough to beat anyone good by 20. I look for a game in the 60s with AUB pulling off the upset. Virginia struggled against Oregon. AUB pounded TN, KU and UNC. Then even without Okeke they beat us albeit in OT, but we are better than those other teams LOL. I think we would have beaten Virginia and therefore I have to think they will too. Virginia has not impressed me much when I watched them play in the tourney.

I don't think UVA will blow them out, but they'll win an ugly rock fight. Watch how they work the perimeter with crisp passing to get Guy shots.

Auburn has beaten:
-LSU
-TENN
-Kansas
-UNC
-UK

In 6 of their last 7 games. They've earned some respect, but not getting it. I wish they could pull it off tomorrow but my gut says they lay an egg.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Auburn will win the NC book it!!!!! Mark that sh*t down like one of the 10 commandments!! Whittaker Bank Shot ! Write it down on your calendar right now! Bruce Pearl's Necklace will 'meat Virginia' and come home a winner!

Every team that wins their own little Superbowl! I fully expect Auburn to get blown out tomorrow.

Beating UK isn’t our Super Bowl. We’ve beaten yall several times now under Pearl. And before we beat UK, as others have noted, we demolished UNC, KU and UT this month.

We have bigger goals. UVA will be tough but if we bring our A game tomorrow, we’ll win.

Reactions: musrat59
The ACC is overrated, per usual. (3) 1 seeds, only 1 in the Final-4. They beat Purdue and whoever else. Oregon. Virginia May win, and it could be by 20, but I wouldn’t bank on it.

I think it’ll be a great game and I don’t see UVA blowing anyone out. I think it’ll be close to the end with UVA winning 72 to 67

UVA doesn’t have the capacity to blow anyone out. Auburn can be physical and I don’t think UVA is up for it. Look for AU to win a close one in yet another rock fight.

I actually had a dream Monday night they won 84-77 and started breaking things. I’d rather them when than Virginia though

Well, not having Okeke could burn them in this game, but I actually think they match up better with Virginia than with UK. If Virginia plays their usual defense, which is focused on shutting down the interior and forcing people to shoot from outside to beat them, it could play right into Auburn's hands. We know how to defend because we've faced them multiple times, but other teams seeing them in person for the first time, may struggle. And if you allow Auburn to get hot, they can beat you by 20+. Just ask Kansas and UNC.

It really comes down to Auburn's shooting. If they're hitting, they win. If not, they lose.

Now, the other issue here is Auburn's fouling. Will the officials allow them to defend Virginia like they did UK? They called those fouls inside early and Auburn had 3 guys in foul trouble. But none of them got their 5th because the refs swallowed their whistles late. Will they do that with Virginia? I'm not so sure they will. That will play a factor also. (Auburn fans who think this is sour grapes, it's not, and yes I'll be rooting for Auburn here) If Auburn isn't getting a favorable whistle, I expect many angry Tiger fans. We shall see.

Reactions: catzcan
Beating UK isn’t our Super Bowl. We’ve beaten yall several times now under Pearl. And before we beat UK, as others have noted, we demolished UNC, KU and UT this month.

We have bigger goals. UVA will be tough but if we bring our A game tomorrow, we’ll win.
We beat you twice this year and one of those games was a 27 point blowout! You need to stay off our board with your stupidity.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
If Auburn had the big guy that was injured in the UNC game it would be easier to pick them against Virginia, but they won’t have him. They shouldn’t have beaten UK without him, but when refs don’t call any fouls on a team like Auburn for the last 9+ minutes of a game it gives them the extra boost they need to pull off an overtime upset win. I’ve got a feeling they won’t get that whistle tomorrow. I hope they do, though. I’ll be rooting for them just like I would any other SEC team in the same situation.

I have no facts to back this up but it seems teams survive one game without a star. The game after that is the game they miss the star.

Reactions: Calsmyguy

Several as in TWO? Last week and a 5 point win at Auburn 3 years ago.
Pearl is 6-12 against UK and 4 of those wins he was at UT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT