ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia - Auburn game

Mike_Edwards

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2002
Around the 11:30 mark second half Georgia on a breakout, foul called and Auburn erases a layup that has already hit the backboard. They go to the monitor and say no goal tend????????? Never have I ever seen this called anything but a goaltend. Ball had already hit the backboard. Auburn dude then swatted it away. Anyone else catch this?

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
said it had no shot going in.
I didn't realize they ref'd by NFL rules
Yes, heard that but have never one time heard this as part of the rule……ever. If it hits the glass and is taken off after it’s a goaltend. This seems to be a brand new first time ever interpretation.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I believe that is a rule. for instance if a player threw up a prayer and it was 3 feet short of the rim, you could grab the ball above the rim and not be called for goal tending. Can't quote chapter and verse, however.

yea but this wasn't really the case, the ball hit the rim. He was under the basket so it would have been a circus shot but it was still a layup that hit the rim

Baker Mazzarra, seems like an unlikeable kid from watching him in the UK game but he just broke down and cried in the post game interview after because his first coach died earlier in the day.

I believe that is a rule. for instance if a player threw up a prayer and it was 3 feet short of the rim, you could grab the ball above the rim and not be called for goal tending. Can't quote chapter and verse, however.
Yeah completely different scenario, was a layup that hit the backboard and then was swatted off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT