ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn best team in SEC

OP is a Vandy fan

I always thought he was a Vandy fan, but now that someone else says it there's no doubt in my mind. He lives in Tenn, goes to Vandy games with his son, etc. and no UK fan would constantly throw Duke love around here and say things like "you guys are too easy and "I like working the room" unless they didn't really cheer for UK. What kind of loser would pose as a fan on a team's board, anyway? Very sad.

I'd respect it more if you just owned a bad take, and not double down by taking shots at Cal.
I, like most of the media thought Auburn would be a final four team. They lost Wiley and a couple other things didn't well for them. I based it off 2-3 games. I was wrong just like I have been wrong about this team being better than I thought. After a 34 point beat down to Duke I wasn't the only one who was pessimistic about this team. I want nothing more than a title. No one will be happier. Anything short of that is a failure for a team ranked preseason number one I suppose. I get bashed because I tell the truth and am not a sunshine pumper. If we make even the final four I wont post for 60 days. If we don't make it some of you need to examine the state of UK basketball and what are your expectations....

I always thought he was a Vandy fan, but now that someone else says it there's no doubt in my mind. He lives in Tenn, goes to Vandy games with his son, etc. and no UK fan would constantly throw Duke love around here and say things like "you guys are too easy and "I like working the room" unless they didn't really cheer for UK. What kind of loser would pose as a fan on a team's board, anyway? Very sad.
I would respect you more if you would at least be objective. I would assume most Vandy fans were born in Floyd county, graduated from Prestonsburg High school, attended Prestonsbury community and got their teaching certificate from Morehead and was an assistant in Floyd county for a couple of years before moving TN. because of wife's employment. I have forgotten more about UK basketball than you will ever know. Dont judge my fandom because I don"t accept losing.

OP is longest con troll on this board. Or the worst UK fan on the board who has no since of reality. Take your pick, either way, its terrible.

Reactions: GnarlsBarkley
I was frustrated early on, as I thought this group would be dominant from day 1, but I'll admit that my thoughts, particularly following Duke and Seton Hall, were off target.

This may be the best coaching job of Cal's UK tenure. Staff has done a phenomenal job with this group over the last 3 months.

Who knows who wins it. About 6-7 have a legit shot. We're one of them. Matchups/luck matters a great deal.

Believe Cal himself would admit they have let 1-2 more titles slip, but shit happens. Dean Smith won 2 in 36 years at North Carolina and is a legend.

Cal will get another before he's done at UK and we are likely looking at a "Cal Court at Rupp Arena" situation when he retires, which I would be perfectly fine with.

Reactions: Fox2monk
OP is longest con troll on this board. Or the worst UK fan on the board who has no since of reality. Take your pick, either way, its terrible.

Dead on. Either a troll or one of those embarassments of a fan that considers 364 days of the year worthless unless he gets to beat his chest for a championship that one day. Nonethless, he's the EXACT type Cal said we don't want, don't need.

Reactions: GnarlsBarkley
I was frustrated early on, as I thought this group would be dominant from day 1, but I'll admit that my thoughts, particularly following Duke and Seton Hall, were off target.

This may be the best coaching job of Cal's UK tenure. Staff has done a phenomenal job with this group over the last 3 months.

Who knows who wins it. About 6-7 have a legit shot. We're one of them. Matchups/luck matters a great deal.

Believe Cal himself would admit they have let 1-2 more titles slip, but shit happens. Dean Smith won 2 in 36 years at North Carolina and is a legend.

Cal will get another before he's done at UK and we are likely looking at a "Cal Court at Rupp Arena" situation when he retires, which I would be perfectly fine with.
I totally agree that from November until today none of his teams have made more progress. If this team can hit 8-10 threes a game they will be tough to beat out. I hope Cal gets one or two before he leaves...I hope to see a couple more before I die...but these posters on are killing me off quickly....lol

Dead on. Either a troll or one of those embarassments of a fan that considers 364 days of the year worthless unless he gets to beat his chest for a championship that one day. Nonethless, he's the EXACT type Cal said we don't want, don't need.
Thanks...but I will hang around and wait on number 9....beating my chest is a good thing...it keeps my old heart in rhythm

I would respect you more if you would at least be objective. I would assume most Vandy fans were born in Floyd county, graduated from Prestonsburg High school, attended Prestonsbury community and got their teaching certificate from Morehead and was an assistant in Floyd county for a couple of years before moving TN. because of wife's employment. I have forgotten more about UK basketball than you will ever know. Dont judge my fandom because I don"t accept losing.

You clearly never played sports because you are delusional in your expecations. You come across as a smarmy jerk.

You clearly never played sports because you are delusional in your expecations. You come across as a smarmy jerk.
I bet if we talked for 10 minutes you would think i am the nicest guy you ever met...I am sorry I have rubbed you the wrong way. You like me love the Cats. We just clash in our opinions This board is about expressing opinions. You disagree with me and I disagree with you on what should have happened in the last 10 years. Hopefully in early April we are both really happy.

I am a life long UK fan born in Weeksbuy Ky. I just expect more than some of you. I live in Nashville. I follow all of SEC basketball I attend one Vandy game a year...the UK game. I coached HS basketball. I have been on this board since its inception. I lived through Tubby ball. I national title some elite 8's and then to mediocrity. I experience the BCG hire. I thought it was a great hire until after about 3 games. I thought the Cal hire was and still is a home run. I don't like being an NBA g league program. I don't like the fact that Duke, Nova, and Carolina have won titles since we have. I don't like the fact that we are being recruited over. I don't like the fact that when Cal came he said he would catch UCLA and he would have a 40 and O team. Say what you want call me what you want...I am a UK fan more than any of you...I have seen games in Memorial, Rupp and lots of other places. I just have higher expectations than you guys do. Can't you respect that?
I grew up in Wheelwright. Did you attend school there?

Yes he would have been in about the third grade and I was sixth. My uncle ran a grocery store there and I have lots of relatives still there.

Compton or Roop? (Not sure of the spelling for roop. I was a kid when they sold it, but my granny worked at their store, so I know it's phonetically correct)
My grandad taught at Weeksbury elementary before he died. You may have been in his class.

This guy is the king of shit takes. He first popped up on my radar when he was gloating about Romeo dropping UK while Vandy was still on his list.

It's clear he hates Cal and the one and done and looks for every opportunity to go in on him. The problem is Cal is the second winningest coach IN PROGRAM HISTORY so he ends up looking stupid most of the time.

The " I only celebrate championships" 'fan' is code for I hate Cal and that's all I got.

He probably was a UK fan at one time but he let his son turn him. So a diehard UK fan raised a Vandy fan?

Last edited:
Compton or Roop? (Not sure of the spelling for roop. I was a kid when they sold it, but my granny worked at their store, so I know it's phonetically correct)
My grandad taught at Weeksbury elementary before he died. You may have been in his class.
Blankenship then Roop....was grand dad Couch or Smith

This guy is the king of shit takes. He first popped up on my radar when he was gloating about Romeo dropping UK while Vandy was still on his list.

It's clear he hates Cal and the one and done and looks for every optunity to go in on him. The problem is Cal is the second winningest coach IN PROGRAM HISTORY so he ends up looking stupid most of the time.

The " I only celebrate championships" 'fan' is code for I hate Cal and that's all I got.

He probably was a UK fan at one time but he let his son turn him. So a diehard UK fan raised a Vandy fan?
No I am fan who wants championship trophies not participation trophies.

No I am fan who wants championship trophies not participation trophies.

So, you, as an admitted preacher think it's cool to incessantly try to agitate people here with your non-stop Duke references, k references, Cal references, etc. What ministry did you say you own so I can make sure to never visit it?

So, you, as an admitted preacher think it's cool to incessantly try to agitate people here with your non-stop Duke references, k references, Cal references, etc. What ministry did you say you own so I can make sure to never visit it?
I am a minister who speaks the truth and facts...you just can't handle the truth sometimes.

If final fours are participation trophies what do you think of the unforgetalbes? They only made it to the elite 8.

You and a couple of others have attempted to assassinate my character simply because I value championships over NBA draft day. Our coach does not. That is all I am going to say except I will assure you that yours and my opinion does not really matter. The money people who are dumping Millions into this program are expecting more than 30 players drafted and 1 title. If Cal does not win a title in the next three years and Duke or UNC does...you can expect a coaching change.....mark it down.

If final fours are participation trophies what do you think of the unforgetalbes? They only made it to the elite 8.
That was a totally different story...the program was left in shambles because of a huge cheating scandal. Pitino nearly pulled off a miracle...and if he had been smart enough to guard the inbounds passer we would have been in the final four rather than watching the stupid ESPN replay a million times.

You and a couple of others have attempted to assassinate my character simply because I value championships over NBA draft day. Our coach does not. That is all I am going to say except I will assure you that yours and my opinion does not really matter. The money people who are dumping Millions into this program are expecting more than 30 players drafted and 1 title. If Cal does not win a title in the next three years and Duke or UNC does...you can expect a coaching change.....mark it down.

I just find it sad that a preacher has admitted that he's here to "work the room", knowingly agitating people. That's really sad behavior for someone that claims to be a preacher.

I just find it sad that a preacher has admitted that he's here to "work the room", knowingly agitating people. That's really sad behavior for someone that claims to be a preacher.
I admitted that I should not have done that. I was pranking a little that night but I am serious me feelings about the last 10 years...lets all cheer for this team and hope they bring home number 9. I hope I am dead wrong. One more thing preachers are human and not perfect....and we do enjoy life.....

Reactions: JRCAT14
I admitted that I should not have done that. I was pranking a little that night but I am serious me feelings about the last 10 years...lets all cheer for this team and hope they bring home number 9. I hope I am dead wrong. One more thing preachers are human and not perfect....and we do enjoy life.....

Your serious about a ridiculously stupid way to look at the last 10 years. Nah, we have nothing in common. Have fun being miserable.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
I've come to realize there's really no debating with the certain fan who is just titles or bust.

Cal has 1 title......in 9 years. That's it.
Nevermind the 4 final fours. Nevermind the 38 win season. None of that matters.

They are going to be extremely disappointed in the long run but they are going to be disappointed with any coach.

To say if Cal doesn't win a title in 3 years he'll be gone..........ok. So Cal leaves in three years, and we are getting what coach exactly that's going to surpass what Cal has done? lol

Your serious about a ridiculously stupid way to look at the last 10 years. Nah, we have nothing in common. Have fun being miserable.
I still like you for one reason. You are a big Blue fan and I bet a nice guy....it is ok to agree to disagree....not everyone like Jesus....in fact they killed him....

I still like you for one reason. You are a big Blue fan and I bet a nice guy....it is ok to agree to disagree....not everyone like Jesus....in fact they killed him....

I'm a Christian, buddy. I don't know any preachers that act like you do. Then again, I did watch Jim Baker and my mom gave to him...... many preachers are a total fraud and just like to hide behind that title and collect that tax free money. Bye now.

I am a life long UK fan born in Weeksbuy Ky. I just expect more than some of you. I live in Nashville. I follow all of SEC basketball I attend one Vandy game a year...the UK game. I coached HS basketball. I have been on this board since its inception. I lived through Tubby ball. I national title some elite 8's and then to mediocrity. I experience the BCG hire. I thought it was a great hire until after about 3 games. I thought the Cal hire was and still is a home run. I don't like being an NBA g league program. I don't like the fact that Duke, Nova, and Carolina have won titles since we have. I don't like the fact that we are being recruited over. I don't like the fact that when Cal came he said he would catch UCLA and he would have a 40 and O team. Say what you want call me what you want...I am a UK fan more than any of you...I have seen games in Memorial, Rupp and lots of other places. I just have higher expectations than you guys do. Can't you respect that?
Thanks for the resume, you are clearly the bestest fan who ever fanned. You left out the time you polished the pea from Rupp's whistle.

Reactions: TNCatfanforever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT