ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona/Southern Cal

I think when the pressure is on, and the stakes are highest, we look good with our experience and would take Zona' .... we can win in a lot of different ways, maybe grinding them out in a gutgame final four - or title game ? (say, in OT?) lol

Best out of conference win is Illinois. Lost to Tennessee. PAC whatever is average at best. Would be a fun game against them. Not scared!

Reactions: University-6
Arizona is very good. Would like to avoid them as long as possible. Really tough offense when they are hitting threes. But also USC is terrible. First round exit in the tournament. 277th in strength of schedule. Went undefeated against a joke of an OOC schedule and played the weak teams of the PAC 12 to start conference play.

Reactions: gharding07
They look outstanding but they come across as an unlikable bunch. Especially if you are playing against them.

It is interesting and impressive to note that 5 of Arizona’s first 6 players are from outside the country.
And that is not going to stop. Tommy Lloyd was Gonzaga’s international recruiter and we know how big of a role international players have played in their success. He’s probably the best in the business at recruiting international players.

International players are there to play ball only, that is there way out and come to get better.

How great would a UK revenge tour be?

UConn in the 2nd rd.
Wisconsin in the sweet 16.
Duke in the Elite 8.
Auburn in the final 4.
Zona in the title game.

If that happened, I would retire as a fan lol. It couldn’t possibly ever get better than that.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
And that is not going to stop. Tommy Lloyd was Gonzaga’s international recruiter and we know how big of a role international players have played in their success. He’s probably the best in the business at recruiting international players.
Lets hire him, throw a big number at him and get him as our international recruiter.

I want no part of AZ this year. USC is really good and they're getting blasted at home.
ARZ just got blown out by a bad team the other day. By 16 to a 19-10 Colorado team. Besides USC their best wins are UCLA and Illinois and that's it. They have beaten 3 decent teams. They barely played teams above. 500. In their non conference.

USC played no one in their non conference schedule, no one. SOS 213. They are some how 30th in the net and have a whopping 1 win against the Top 25. UCLA by 3 and that's it. No clue how they are ranked. Their entire schedule is garbage.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
ARZ just got blown out by a bad team the other day. By 16 to a 19-10 Colorado team. Besides USC their best wins are UCLA and Illinois and that's it. They have beaten 3 decent teams. They barely played teams above. 500. In their non conference.

USC played no one in their non conference schedule, no one. SOS 213. They are some how 30th in the net and have a whopping 1 win against the Top 25. UCLA by 3 and that's it. No clue how they are ranked. Their entire schedule is garbage.
They embarrassed a 25-4 USC team ranked 16th in the nation in their own gym. Is the ranking system that bad?

Reactions: TheOtherGreatOne
How is it Gonzaga and Arizona are built with foreign players to the degree they are? I have always understood that process to be a difficult one----maybe it isn't now with NIL----but I thought the NCAA almost always had problems with their amateur status and the like? Further, the immigration aspect of it is exceedingly complicated. How are they able to do it so consistently and to the degree they do?

Reactions: HeartofUlis
Sounds like you might work for the selection committee. I could see that being our road as a # 1 seed. 🤣

Well, the draw would be horrible. But can you imagine winning those six games? I mean as a fan, what else is left? It would be all downhill from there!

Az is very good at beachball they play out west. Let them have a go at real basketball. Different story.

Zona is legit and have length to bother Oscar.
They also have the speed and quickness that the Cats can't match. Not every team in the country is shaking in their boots if they have to play Kentucky, especially with Calipari as their coach. I don't get the thinking that the Cats are going to win the national title, when they finished 4th was it, in the sec. If they can't win the sec, then how are they going to win the national title, especially with the treatment that duke will get >

Reactions: bigbluedon
Yes. Take a look at USC schedule. It is like the Zags schedule but without the decent non conference games. We could go undefeated with their schedule.
No you wouldn't. You have no idea whether either of those teams can play or not. All you know is what a bunch of people on here keep saying. Most of those people know absolutely nothing about teams other than the ones that play in the sec or big 10. Statements like that show that you know nothing about the game. If I am not mistaken Notre Dame beat Kentucky, you know the Notre Dame that lost to St' Mary's, you know the St. Mary's team that plays in the WCC conference, This is the St. Mary's team that someone on here said that couldn't beat a high school team. Well they Beat Notre Dame that beat Kentucky. Does that mean that Kentucky couldn't beat a grade school team ? See how stupid some on the crap that some people on here come up with ?

No you wouldn't. You have no idea whether either of those teams can play or not. All you know is what a bunch of people on here keep saying. Most of those people know absolutely nothing about teams other than the ones that play in the sec or big 10. Statements like that show that you know nothing about the game. If I am not mistaken Notre Dame beat Kentucky, you know the Notre Dame that lost to St' Mary's, you know the St. Mary's team that plays in the WCC conference, This is the St. Mary's team that someone on here said that couldn't beat a high school team. Well they Beat Notre Dame that beat Kentucky. Does that mean that Kentucky couldn't beat a grade school team ? See how stupid some on the crap that some people on here come up with ?
LOL you are so easily triggered, Gonzaga fan...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT