ADVERTISEMENT

Any UK fan that pays good money to go to the SEC Tournament is CRAZY!!!!

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
Cal doesn't care about you in the slightest. He has quit as a coach and is drawing his ENORMOUS salary whether UK wins another game much less an SEC Championship. The fire is GONE!!!

Then you add in how HORRIBLY UK is treated by the SEC Office for allowing these SEC Refs to Homer UK in FREAKIN RUPP, much less on the road!!! If they want to disrespect our program like this, then WHY IN THE WORLD would ANY UK fan give the SEC ANY of our money by going to their CRAPPY SEC Tournament?????!!!!!

UK fans are the ONLY ones in this league that gives 2 CRAPS about Basketball and the SEC Tournament!!! Let them see what Nashville looks like WITHOUT UK fans there!!!!!

As long as we keep showing up no matter what, the SEC will KEEP crapping on UK!!!!!

I’m biased but I thought the officiating was poor. Looked liked Florida got away with 4 or 5 walks plus a goal tend

Won't be me this year for sure. Won't even be taking off work to watch like I normally do. We aren't gonna do shit if this is the kind of defense we are going to play.

• Haha
Reactions: Cal-4-Three
I’m biased but I thought the officiating was poor. Looked liked Florida got away with 4 or 5 walks plus a goal tend
Typical

For every game, at home or away, I can't remember a single loss that UK has ever had where there wasn't uk fans complaining about the refs. Shoot, it's more common than not to complain even when UK wins.

I guess UK should have won every game since round ball was invented....if not for the refs. I also guess UK never fouls or gets away with plays that should be called as fouls.

To say otherwise would be crazy talk, right? #sarcasm

Uk is the SEC's bread and butter for the sport. In fact, UK is largely considered the measuring stick for other SEC bb teams.

Nobody is "out to get" UK. That would be like saying somebody is out to get Alabama or Georgia when it comes to football.

Last edited:
My friends and I stopped going several years ago. The time, cost and disappointment just weren't worth the cash expended. The SEC-T used to be a blast when the Cats were legit threats to win it and do damage in the NCAA-T. We haven't been at that level in quite a while. Plus, we have a coach who openly despises the SEC-T. So, not interested.

I am going for the first time ever in 53 years. I guess I am crazy. It is a bucket list thing for me. I will always support UK even though I am not a fan of the current coach. Go Cats!
If you’re a fan of basketball, it’ll be the best experience of your life. If you’re going to watch the Cats raise the championship trophy, not so much. I go every year and think it’s the best 4 days of the year (Wednesday nights are bad). I love to watch basketball and if Kentucky wins, it’s even better.

Reactions: CatsDomain
I agree with the walks and those 2 guards would drive to the basket and throw their head back and hands up like they were shot with a cannon ball every drive. They did the same thing our other game with them and it worked both games. Refs are obviously stupid to fall for it.

Used to be you could pretty much pencil in UK in the finals on Sunday. Book your hotel rooms for the weekend. Not anymore. We go one night at a time. Ticket prices on the streets and resale outlets are ridiculous. Don't know what a book costs face value wise....$350-$400, something like that.

If you’re a fan of basketball, it’ll be the best experience of your life. If you’re going to watch the Cats raise the championship trophy, not so much. I go every year and think it’s the best 4 days of the year (Wednesday nights are bad). I love to watch basketball and if Kentucky wins, it’s even better.
Thank you for this post. I love SEC basketball and football but live 2000 miles away from Lexington so unable to see live games unless the Cats play here in Vegas. I work for Hilton and got employee rates for hotel so not breaking the bank either. See ya there!

I am bumping this every game that we lose from this point forward.

Until Cal gets serious about fixing this mess, why would anyone spend their hard earned money on something that Cal doesn't even care about???

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Thank you for this post. I love SEC basketball and football but live 2000 miles away from Lexington so unable to see live games unless the Cats play here in Vegas. I work for Hilton and got employee rates for hotel so not breaking the bank either. See ya there!
You might want to rethink your plans. This UK team is in a nosedive with both engines on fire.

It’s Atleast 2k to attend and that’s an upper level nose bleed seat . That counts a decent hotel and ticket

• Sad
Reactions: catben
Luckily I get tickets through my work and I have enough hotel points to pay for it. I am going and taking my boys to try to will them into being bigger UK fans. I admit, they are not getting the best of UK basketball in their impressionable years.

Cal doesn't care about you in the slightest. He has quit as a coach and is drawing his ENORMOUS salary whether UK wins another game much less an SEC Championship. The fire is GONE!!!

Then you add in how HORRIBLY UK is treated by the SEC Office for allowing these SEC Refs to Homer UK in FREAKIN RUPP, much less on the road!!! If they want to disrespect our program like this, then WHY IN THE WORLD would ANY UK fan give the SEC ANY of our money by going to their CRAPPY SEC Tournament?????!!!!!

UK fans are the ONLY ones in this league that gives 2 CRAPS about Basketball and the SEC Tournament!!! Let them see what Nashville looks like WITHOUT UK fans there!!!!!

As long as we keep showing up no matter what, the SEC will KEEP crapping on UK!!!!!
I am a UK fan. I go to support the team and, it is great to be there. I will pass on your recommendation.

I am a UK fan. I go to support the team and, it is great to be there. I will pass on your recommendation.
To each his own and I hope they win it this year and every year!! But Cal ADMITS he doesn't value it and it costs a FORTUNE to go, especially in Nashville.

I said what I said.

I'll be there. Maybe I can find some cheap lower level tickets with all the ones claiming to not be going?

Doesn't seem to be the case right now. The guy I normally get them from just told me he's having a hard time getting this year. And they will be high when he does.

Maybe it's just the people that weren't going anyway that's not going now?

They're making a mistake if they're counting on UK fans to fill their void. Even if we go on a streak over this last month, people aren't going to pay $2k for upper deck. Place will be empty.
It’s almost sold out

They're making a mistake if they're counting on UK fans to fill their void. Even if we go on a streak over this last month, people aren't going to pay $2k for upper deck. Place will be empty.
It will be full just like always for the UK games. That's all that's there. If UK gets beat you can't hardly give tickets away. In 2019 we had lower level mid court seats. We lost on Sat to UT. The scalpers wouldn't even buy the Sunday tickets from us. We finally sold them to a couple of Tn fans for $200.

The SEC tourney is a UK homecoming. The vast majority of UK fans that take over whatever town the tourney is in can't even get into the games. In Nashville they estimate 100K fans lining up and down Broadway. Bridgestone seats about 20K for basketball.

In 2013 we had mid court club level books. We lost on Friday night to Vandy. We couldn't even get $50 for those books.

No one pays $2K for upper level. I usually pay around $1500 for 2 lower level books. The most I ever paid per lower level book was $900 in 2017. The best deal we ever got was $450 per lower level books in St Louis in 2018.

It will NOT be empty. Friday thru Sunday there will be plenty of fans.

You can usually get books after teams lose on Thursday for face from the older men who do not want to sell to scalpers.

Bumping this thread again after every loss.

Cal has DESTROYED the Greatest program in college basketball!!!

I will repeat it: ANYONE that would pay good money(and a lot of it in Nashville) to watch Cal TANK another SEC Tournament is CRAZY!!!!

How could ANY UK fan have faith in a Cal coached team anymore???!!!!!

Bumping this after another loss.

The question remains. WHY would ANY UK fan spend their hard earned money to attend the SEC Tournament this year????

And it's not just Cal's CRAPPY coaching, it's the CONSTANT screw job UK gets from SEC Refs!!!

The ONLY way to send a message to the SEC and Cal is to STAY HOME!!!!

Problem is, fans still will. The delusional part of this fan base will talk this team up and themselves into believing the horse shit mantra 'we're built March' and only get disappointed with an early flame-out in both the SEC Tournament and the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament.

• Sad
Reactions: NociHTTP and catben
Bumping this after another loss.

The question remains. WHY would ANY UK fan spend their hard earned money to attend the SEC Tournament this year????

And it's not just Cal's CRAPPY coaching, it's the CONSTANT screw job UK gets from SEC Refs!!!

The ONLY way to send a message to the SEC and Cal is to STAY HOME!!!!

Wow ... doesn't Ben sound like someone fun to hang out with?
NOPE

• Haha
Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT