ADVERTISEMENT

And you thought WE had problems? UNC

Their big nightmare is if Love and Bacot DON'T abandon ship. That would leave them no chance to entice a high-quality PG or center in the portal, while two guys who are proven losers (aside from a fluke tourney run - remember UK beat them by 30) hang around.

Bacot disappears at times and tends to have injury issues but he is a darn good bball player. The problem is, like Oscar, he needs a supporting cast. Love, on the other hand, would be a good loss for them. As talented as he can be, he doesn't play the TEAM sport very well. He takes bad shots and tries to take over games by himself.

This player can absolutely play, but he's always dealing with injuries it seems. Someone will get a good piece when they land him.

Bacot disappears at times and tends to have injury issues but he is a darn good bball player. The problem is, like Oscar, he needs a supporting cast. Love, on the other hand, would be a good loss for them. As talented as he can be, he doesn't play the TEAM sport very well. He takes bad shots and tries to take over games by himself.
Agree. The only difference between UNC making the title game last year was because Love got extremely hot making bad shots. They were still bad shots they just went in lol

Agree. The only difference between UNC making the title game last year was because Love got extremely hot making bad shots. They were still bad shots they just went in lol

Love took a really bad shot in UNC's next to last possession in the title game. They had plenty of time for a good shot but he shot a long 3 that was being contested. From there, UNC fell apart. I saw him try to win the VA game by himself as well and that didn't go so well either.

Reactions: Fox2monk
UNC and UK, the 2 bluest blue bloods likely could have new coaches in '25.
How crazy is that? Little doubt Cal and Hubert's seat are very warm

They are pretty salty. They got swept by Duke and didn't make the tournament. But Bacot back is a good start. But they won't put up with missing the tournament 2 years in a row.

Last edited:
They got there best player back. They never die. I wish those players left but unlike here. Players there enjoy college.

They are pretty salty. They got swept by Duke and didn't make the tournament. But Bacot back is a good start. But they won't put up with missing the tournament 2 years in a row.
Who are you guys expecting to lose? I just assume Filipowski, Lively, and Whitehead are gone. Proctor was very impressive down the stretch and really looked good to me in the UT game. I'm assuming he's going pro too. Not sure what the status is on Roach.

Reactions: westerncat
UNC and UK, the 2 bluest blue bloods likely could have new coaches in '25.
How crazy is that? Little doubt Cal and Hubert's seat are very warm
North Carolina at Chapel Hill will get one of their own, I betting on Jerry Stackhouse, to take over. We will go outside the family which I think would be a big mistake because we need a unifier and somebody that understands and is totally committed to the entire program on day one.

North Carolina at Chapel Hill will get one of their own, I betting on Jerry Stackhouse, to take over. We will go outside the family which I think would be a big mistake because we need a unifier and somebody that understands and is totally committed to the entire program on day one.
And who would you honestly recommend as one of our own "family" to take over the reigns?

Yeah, we beat them by 30 and also beat Kansas by 30, but look at who played for the NCAAT while we choked on a 15 seed. So what is your point in running down NC when we are worse?

Yeah, we beat them by 30 and also beat Kansas by 30, but look at who played for the NCAAT while we choked on a 15 seed. So what is your point in running down NC when we are worse?

I can honestly critique any team including my own. Just because UK has struggled doesn't in any way, shape or form have anything to do with what is going on at UNC. And, I did compliment Bacot. Love is another story. If anyone has a different perspective of Love, I will listen.

BTW, one other thought, you asked: "So what is your point in running down NC when we are worse?" Uh, at this moment in time, they are worse. We made the tournament. They didn't.

Dwayne Casey and maybe Frank Vogel for Associate Head Coach
Two guys who have never coached in the college game in their life? Don't see lifer NBA guys wanting to deal with recruitment, NIL and everything that comes with the college game. To me you try to sling enough money at a Brad Stevens to lure him away or you go after a young proven up and comer that can be a 10-15 year minimum guy at Kentucky.

Two guys who have never coached in the college game in their life? Don't see lifer NBA guys wanting to deal with recruitment, NIL and everything that comes with the college game. To me you try to sling enough money at a Brad Stevens to lure him away or you go after a young proven up and comer that can be a 10-15 year minimum guy at Kentucky.
I would agree with you IF the "lifer NBA guy" wasn't wearing a UK NCAA Championship ring. I would agree with you if he did not care about the condition of the program and wanted it to get back to Kentucky. I think that is why Dwane and Frank would be an ideal situation. For many reasons you give Dwane the opportunity with Frank and then Frank takes it for the long term.

I would agree with you IF the "lifer NBA guy" wasn't wearing a UK NCAA Championship ring. I would agree with you if he did not care about the condition of the program and wanted it to get back to Kentucky. I think that is why Dwane and Frank would be an ideal situation. For many reasons you give Dwane the opportunity with Frank and then Frank takes it for the long term.
Dream scenario that works, but I just don't see those two having any interest in what it takes to run a college program today.

Dream scenario that works, but I just don't see those two having any interest in what it takes to run a college program today.
And no offense to you Upscat, but you are one of many on here that say stuff like this and you don’t know Casey or Vogel or what their thought processes are or dreams/plans for the future.,

And no offense to you Upscat, but you are one of many on here that say stuff like this and you don’t know Casey or Vogel or what their thought processes are or dreams/plans for the future.,
Are we only allowed to speak our opinion if we personally know the person we are speaking about lol? That is my opinion 100%. How many long time NBA coaches leave the NBA ranks to come to college? Leave college for the NBA and end up back in college...yes, but it very rarely happens the other way around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT