ADVERTISEMENT

If Dillingham, Reeves and Sheppard are gone ??

Reed ain't leaving UK like this . UK is in his blood I cannot think he leaves no mater he top 10 or not. I think he would be first rd not lottery tho after workouts.
If UK was in blood, and he wasn't at all holding back for any particular reason in that game, he would have played actual defense like his life depended on it. He would have WORKED to get open, and then TOOK the shots like UK's life depended on it. It's a silver lining, though, because that performance certainly didn't help his NBA prospects. Better luck next year, kid!

I do agree, I don’t understand how his stock is that high. He has some weaknesses in his game that may not be able to be fixed without maturing a little more. Strength, and ability to read defense are big one. People say the NBA doesn’t play defense but that’s not true, everyone rotates to their man extremely fast and knows where they need to be on the court. Reed is a ball watcher who wasn’t taught any solid principles in college so far.

And, the NBA is only faster, bigger and stronger. You look at an older Dalton Knect, and he's got actual side delts, he's got a build.

Reed almost seems like he's still coming into his body. One looks like he could bang with NBA bigs, the other doesn't.

Again, not Reeds fault at all.. he's a freshman. He will get there. But yeah I think osme of these last few games will make GMs pause. When it's all said in done I think if he declares for the draft, he could maybe go 9th or 10th, or down to the 20s.. and if he goes to the combine and workout type stuff, he's going to score a little worse than his peers in any of the athletic drills.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If UK was in blood, and he wasn't at all holding back for any particular reason in that game, he would have played actual defense like his life depended on it. He would have WORKED to get open, and then TOOK the shots like UK's life depended on it. It's a silver lining, though, because that performance certainly didn't help his NBA prospects. Better luck next year, kid!

You know.. we also don't know yet what type of player Reed is, in his mind. We know he can play like this. But some guys are just more passive. We will have to see, something to think about. Reeds game might just be being a "robin" type, and someone who says away from staunch defense.

And, the NBA is only faster, bigger and stronger. You look at an older Dalton Knect, and he's got actual side delts, he's got a build.

Reed almost seems like he's still coming into his body. One looks like he could bang with NBA bigs, the other doesn't.

Again, not Reeds fault at all.. he's a freshman. He will get there. But yeah I think osme of these last few games will make GMs pause. When it's all said in done I think if he declares for the draft, he could maybe go 9th or 10th, or down to the 20s.. and if he goes to the combine and workout type stuff, he's going to score a little worse than his peers in any of the athletic drills.
I think the drills may cause his stock to fall, then again a lot of guys who are top 5 going into it only do the interviews for that very reason. They only do private workouts. He does have shooting which is the number 1 valued skill though.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
If Reed goes to the NBA next season, he and all of his advisers are delusional about his readiness.

This has been said about nearly every single UK player that ever left early from this board.

Booker comes to mind as a player that most felt had no business leaving as well.

If he’s lottery, he has to go. In the right system, I think he does well.

This has been said about nearly every single UK player that ever left early from this board.

Booker comes to mind as a player that most felt had no business leaving as well.

If he’s lottery, he has to go. In the right system, I think he does well.
If you think he is only a system player, he has no business rushing off to the NBA when he can continue honing his skills while being paid handsomely for it. Also, he isn't like so many of the players who come from homes in desperate need of money. Based on his great flop against a 14 seed, he isn't ready mentally or physically for the next level. The kid has a chance to be a very good player if he isn't screwed up some lunatic move of going to NBA now. If the money is there for him now, it will be there even more so when he is more equipped for the game.

Great question. Used to be the reasoning for immediate banning they said was “baiting”. I was “baiting” other posters into debates about Cal. This was back when there were just a few of us that were seeing the writing on the wall for Cal and his true intentions, back around 2019-2020.

Now, I have no idea why I constantly get banned. But it’s annoying and I’ve let them know what I think of them via the “report” feature. Which I never would have done had I been given a plausible reason for being banned now. I don’t think they know but once you get “banned” you can’t click on the feature that allows you to read the message, and this the explanation of why.

I have never name-called, never threatened anyone on the board, never written a derogatory phrase towards any poster or group of posters. Now I definitely have towards the mods via the report feature. But that’s been after these inexplicable bans.

I’ve simply consistently been of the opinion that Cal sucks. Hardly a controversial opinion in the last 3-5 seasons. So if there are any mods out there, please let me know what I’ve done to deserve a Parma-ban as it were. Otherwise I’ve got infinite numbers to continue coming on.
I was starting to turn on Cal late 2019/eary 2020 too. He’s been needing to be fired for a long time.

So every single person who gets paid to put together mock drafts is wrong about him? The NBA drafts on POTENTIAL. He may not be ready to be Steph Curry tomorrow, but a year or two working on nothing but basketball does a lot.
It does a lot for anyone- it’s not like he’s the only person that will work on basketball.

I actually believe there’s something to posting click bait. Is Reed a draft pick probably but anyone putting him top 3 is crazy

If you think he is only a system player, he has no business rushing off to the NBA when he can continue honing his skills while being paid handsomely for it. Also, he isn't like so many of the players who come from homes in desperate need of money. Based on his great flop against a 14 seed, he isn't ready mentally or physically for the next level. The kid has a chance to be a very good player if he isn't screwed up some lunatic move of going to NBA now. If the money is there for him now, it will be there even more so when he is more equipped for the game.

I think we’re harder on them than the scouts are. They see potential.

Why I mentioned Booker. Didn’t come from poverty and was a deer in headlights for the post season.

Both are/were elite level shooters which is highly desired in the todays league.

Plus, why risk the return? The roster could be a mess, Cal prioritizes his special recruits over him, doesn’t run sets for him, etc. I’m not sure how much he improves on being a lottery pick if that’s what he ends up being.

I think we’re harder on them than the scouts are. They see potential.

Why I mentioned Booker. Didn’t come from poverty and was a deer in headlights for the post season.

Both are/were elite level shooters which is highly desired in the todays league.

Plus, why risk the return? The roster could be a mess, Cal prioritizes his special recruits over him, doesn’t run sets for him, etc. I’m not sure how much he improves on being a lottery pick if that’s what he ends up being.
If his skills are as good as you seem to think, he should be able to demonstrate that no matter who is on the team. With a better coach coaching, his game would probably improve tremendously.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT