ADVERTISEMENT

26-4

Should be worst case scenario for our record. Hit a free throw against Florida, don’t fumble the ball away and take the last shot to win at Texas AM, bad bounce at LSU and of course should have beaten UNCW up 5 late.
Yes we lost 6 games we could have easily won. Only South Carolina and Tennessee game did we not have the lead late in 2nd half. We just finished games poorly the first half of the season. It seems we learned how to do that better and win the close games. Let's lay the smackdown on UT Saturday in Knoxville.

Pisses me off to think about this. This team’s defense just has never developed which puts us in a lot of close games. And we don’t have the poise to close those type of games out. We should be playing for an SEC regular season championship and 1 seed on Saturday. Instead we are playing for a BYE and a 3 seed. 😔

Also just a thought when everyone talks about where the defensive efficiency rating is I have to think our offense is better than the best teams from years past or where it ranks historically.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Should be worst case scenario for our record. Hit a free throw against Florida, don’t fumble the ball away and take the last shot to win at Texas AM, bad bounce at LSU and of course should have beaten UNCW up 5 late.
I agree 100% lotta boneheaded non defensive playing stuff cost us a SEC championship this year. Definitely better than our record. Our resume is pretty and a win on the road at Tennessee would make it one of the stronger ones in the nation.

Also just a thought when everyone talks about where the defensive efficiency rating is I have to think our offense is better than the best teams from years past or where it ranks historically.
I know it feels like we can score 90 with relative ease. We play terrible for like 15 minutes and still hit 93.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I mean if we are playing the what if game....If we could play slightly above average defense we are undefeated at this point. It is a shame that one of the best offenses UK has ever had has been wasted by one of the worst defenses we have ever had.

Or Reed could have not given up a late 3 against UF for them to tie, and Reed could have also not given up the jumer against LSU that gave them the win. Those 2 alone have us locked up as the 2 seed in the SEC with a shot to win the conference.

Blowing the 15-pt leads in the 2H against KU and LSU sting a lot, but the worst is being up 4 on Florida with :18 to play at Rupp.

As long as those loses serve as valuable learning opportunities (for players and Cal), I'm ok with it. Sucks, but put it to good use.

You could play this same game with our late game successes. What if that guy from St. Joes made one more free throw? What if Reed missed his shot against MSU? What if Reed missed a free throw down the stretch against UF?

We can play the what if game, but what if doesn't just flow in one direction. We lose close games because we put ourselves in a tenuous position where a single point, ref decision, or bounce of the ball matters. This team is what it is because they aren't a part of the dominant class of teams.

Or Reed could have not given up a late 3 against UF for them to tie, and Reed could have also not given up the jumer against LSU that gave them the win. Those 2 alone have us locked up as the 2 seed in the SEC with a shot to win the conference.
That was Rob's man that scored, not Reed's. Rob was just hanging out in no man's land watching the play

That was Rob's man that scored, not Reed's. Rob was just hanging out in no man's land watching the play
Umm, Reed was the one that blew past his man in the FL game when he pulled up and drilled the 3 to send it to OT. Reed was the one also guarding whoever nailed the putback at LSU.

Don’t let Gonzaga run the same middle ball screen for 12 straight mins and you win that one to

• Haha
Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
As long as those loses serve as valuable learning opportunities (for players and Cal), I'm ok with it. Sucks, but put it to good use.
Yeah , it pisses me off to lose dumb games like the 3-4 we gave away on a platter .. but get to the FF , play good there and lets the chips fall .. we do that I'm over the bad losses

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT