ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Mock Draft

Sparkaces1

Senior
Sep 19, 2012
http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

Found it interesting that they had Vanderbilt as the top prospect from UK. I know a lot can change but it is interesting to see where Mock Drafts have our guys.

I think Diallo or Knox could both be top 10 picks if they shoot 35% from 3 this year.

JV will be our best overall player next year, imo. Doesn't mean he will be our leading scorer, but he can impact the game in so many ways. Very Lamar Odom-esque. Very happy he is a Cat.

JV will be our best overall player next year, imo. Doesn't mean he will be our leading scorer, but he can impact the game in so many ways. Very happy he is a Cat.
Yeah I was very impressed with him at the hoops summit. He will def be overlooked by national media coming into the season.

Reactions: MWes11
No Washington or Green on that mock draft. I know it will change, but that would be a nice pair of returning players for the 2018 team to build around. Add in Juniors in Gabriel and Jones with another Cal type recruiting class and it could be a special year.
Let's worry about bringing home number 9 this year before I get to far ahead of myself here.

No Washington or Green on that mock draft. I know it will change, but that would be a nice pair of returning players for the 2018 team to build around. Add in Juniors in Gabriel and Jones with another Cal type recruiting class and it could be a special year.
Let's worry about bringing home number 9 this year before I get to far ahead of myself here.
I don't think there is any doubt that one of Washington or Vanderbilt comes back. Just not going to be enough minutes to go around. I sure hope both come back and we have another super team in 2018.

I want to enjoy this year before thinking about the next draft or what we will be the following year,I have had enough draft drama to last for a while.

How serious is the Vanderbilt injury and is it something that will be an issue for the coming season are questions that will have to be answered before his draft stock can be accurately gauged

- Vanderbilt's stock blew up after his efforts during the McDAA practice week and Hoops Summit game. Stole the show at both.

- Would be shocked if Green is OAD.

- Washington is a classic tweener so there's a chance he'll need an extra year to work on his perimeter skills.

If Diallo hits 35% from three, he will be in contention for #1 pick or if not the consusous #1 pick and UK will win the title or come darn close. If he shots like this, he will be a BETTER, josh Jackson / Wiggins.

Unfortunately, and this is not saying he still won't be very very good, I will be shocked if he shots that well.

Obviously, he did not show the scouts that his shot was fixed, otherwise, he would not have withdrawn from the draft.

- Vanderbilt's stock blew up after his efforts during the McDAA practice week and Hoops Summit game. Stole the show at both.

- Would be shocked if Green is OAD.

- Washington is a classic tweener so there's a chance he'll need an extra year to work on his perimeter skills.

If we have a season we all hope for Green will be OAD

Reactions: Bluegrassking
Vando has point forward skills that the league covets. If he shows any sort of jumper at all and that he can stay healthy he will be a top level pick. I believe someone on here yesterday said that he was the top or one of the top players in this class before his first foot injury, then dropped quite a bit. He's a utility knife forward just like Washington, they can do a little bit of everything, it's a luxury for this team to have two guys like that. Offensively though I think it'll be tough for a lot of teams to pass on Knox who is an elite scorer, really good rebounder, and the youngest player in his class, so still a lot of room to develop his game and physical attributes.

Also, don't count on Wenyen being around for a junior season. He's been putting in a ton of work in the gym back in Massachusetts and one of the guys that trains with him says he's a hard worker that'll do anything they ask, his physique and confidence has improved a lot from just a few weeks ago, and the plan is for this to help him get ready for this coming season and next years draft.

Vanderbilt is our best prospect. Obviously he has weaknesses he needs to work on but he is damn good.

His potential is also off the chart.

Vando has point forward skills that the league covets. If he shows any sort of jumper at all and that he can stay healthy he will be a top level pick. I believe someone on here yesterday said that he was the top or one of the top players in this class before his first foot injury, then dropped quite a bit. He's a utility knife forward just like Washington, they can do a little bit of everything, it's a luxury for this team to have two guys like that. Offensively though I think it'll be tough for a lot of teams to pass on Knox who is an elite scorer, really good rebounder, and the youngest player in his class, so still a lot of room to develop his game and physical attributes.

Also, don't count on Wenyen being around for a junior season. He's been putting in a ton of work in the gym back in Massachusetts and one of the guys that trains with him says he's a hard worker that'll do anything they ask, his physique and confidence has improved a lot from just a few weeks ago, and the plan is for this to help him get ready for this coming season and next years draft.
Yes, Vanderbilt was one of the top 5 players when he was younger and before injury.

The crazy thing about Knox is he has only been focusing solely on basketball for about 2 years which is why Cal believes he could be the 1 pick.

Even though nbadraft.net isn't the most reliable site, them projecting us to have 4 lottery picks in a down year in college basketball is really impressive.

If they end up being correct and we have 4 lottery picks, we're not going to lose many games at all and have a really great chance at winning it all.

Without a doubt, we will have more talent than any other team in the country with NINE 5*s!

Don't seem like Knox gets enough love. IMO he's a top 5 player in the class and a top 5ish pick in the draft.
I think this could be a very unique year for the draft,I believe several players have a chance to play their way into the top 15 or 20 spots.There could be a player or more that is not high on anyone's radar right now but will command attention by the end of next season.

Deng Adel was not on the list.

You cant trust any mock draft that doesnt even include Deng Adel

I would love to find out how he if knew who Matthews is much less list him as a first rounder next year.

I think Knox and JV go before Diallo. Really interested to see Knox with 6 months of intense work on his game, at his young age and limited experience (as well as football background) he could could a dude that blows up quickly.

Gabriel, Green, SKJ, Richards, and Washington all have a chance of declaring in such a weak draft due to their potential, measurables, and Kentucky's success.

Four lottery picks!

If that happens, I would think we are a Final Four team at the very least.

I know Diallo is what most NBA GMS want in a shooting guard and might be our most talented player, but Knox will be the first Kentucky player drafted. Before Knox decided on Kentucky, most were thinking Knox would be one of the top freshman. Trust me, the kid has not lost any talent the last few days. At his size, Knox will be one of the hardest to defend guys playing college basketball. When the game is on the line, I believe Cal puts the ball in Knox's hands and tells him to score the ball. When you are as beefy as Knox and still quick, it makes it harder to defend.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Gabriel, Green, SKJ, Richards, and Washington all have a chance of declaring in such a weak draft due to their potential, measurables, and Kentucky's success.

Green doesn't look like a OAD to me. He doesn't look NBA at all. He's no Ulis, not even close at this point.

Expect him to play 4 years. Which will be good.

No_neutrality,

Good Lord, I hope you are 100% correct.

My reasoning is that at the #4 overall PG on Rivals who will receive an unbelievable amount of exposure at UK and stands 6'1", staying 4 years seems like an impossibility with Cal here. He got a much less touted PG that was nearly 6" shorter drafted after only 2 years.

If we can get 2 years out if Green, I'd be more than ecstatic, but if you were to find odds on Green staying 4 years, it would be an extremely big long shot to happen, IMO.

Green will look amazing in our offense with all the talent he has to play with. I'm sure if you asked Cal how long Green will stay, I'm sure the answer will be a lot less than 4 years :(

All in my completely worthless opinion as always.

Green and Richards are not one and done talent. I'm not sure there is much demand for PJ Washington to be one and done either as a 6'7 power forward, he can't play PF in the NBA - doesn't have the size. That said, you left your two best players with NBA potential off your list: Knox and Vanderbilt. I think Diallo declares next year whether he has a first team All-American season or not.

I didn't leave them off. Earlier I stated that Diallo, Knox, and Vanderbilt are locks to enter.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Green pulls a Tyus Jones after Kentucky wins #9 and declares while his stock is the highest it will get.

I also expect 2 of Gabriel, SKJ, PJ, and Richards (7'4" wing span!) to declare in this incredibly weak draft.

If I were Vegas, the over/under on players UK will lose to the draft would be 5, IMO.

All in my completely worthless opinion as always.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

Found it interesting that they had Vanderbilt as the top prospect from UK. I know a lot can change but it is interesting to see where Mock Drafts have our guys.

I think Diallo or Knox could both be top 10 picks if they shoot 35% from 3 this year.
IMO Vanderbilt will be a top 10 pick . Knox ,Diallo and Richards will be top 20 picks as well but just depends how they play. I think Knox could be top 10 as well.

I do not know what is worse NBA mock drafts 1-2 years in the future or Joe Lunardi's Bracketology the day after the NCAA championship game..Both are worthless to me. Kinda like me at 60 years giving my wife a my Christmas "want" list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT