ADVERTISEMENT

2013 vs 2018 through 26 completed games

armchairpg

Junior
Oct 24, 2012
People keep talking about the NIT, etc. so I took at look at where the 2013 team was through 26 games. The SEC is stronger this year than it was in 2013. On the one hand our strength of schedule is high but that onlys explains so many losses and now we have…so many losses. I didn’t remember how it played out but I do remember the florida win at home and thinking maybe that would help save us. It did not. I was hoping a win at Auburn would help with that as well and we couldn’t close the deal.

2013: 18-8 overall (9-4 SEC) This is after losing the UF game where Noel went down and the next one at UT. We went on the win the next 3 games (all at home), losing the next two on the road at ARK and Georgia and then beat a number 11 UF team back at home.

RPI after 26 games: .589

2018: 17-9 overall (6-7 SEC)

Current RPI: .614

I don't have a point because I don't fully understand the selection process, etc. That said, I feel like we need to beat Ark, Ole miss and one more to get in.

I am sure those of you that know the process and the numbers have broken this down in much more depth.

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
TAMU and Auburn were going to be tough games, we should have known this. Three very winnable home games coming up, and @Florida and @Arkansas... That's a much easier stretch than @Mizz and three games in a row against top25 teams, two of those on the road.

@Mizz
18 Tenn
@ 21 TAMU (A team that's talented enough to be top10)
@ 10 Auburn.

That's a BRUTAL schedule for a bunch of freshman.

Not long ago I went back and watched a random conference game from 2013. They ran more coherent offence than this year and Wiltjer could shoot. Julius provided a much needed toughness and leadership. He just was not super athletic. I just keep thinking if the season were 20 games longer at some point in this years team would start to understand what they are supposed to do and not do.

I'll never understand all the unwarranted slack Archie get's from alot of our fanbase. Having said that, Archie would eat Hami for breakfast and was 2-3 times the player. I would love to have the freshman Archie on this years team.

Reactions: brianpoe
Archie could score though. This team could use a Archie. He knew how to get to the basket
We have that ...

UL4221384.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT